Time to move on/How best to honor Caylee now *merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think that I can go through this again. I followed this case religiously from start to finish and now I feel like not only has the jury let Caylee down but that some how so did I. Did I not read enough, talk enough? What? What could I have done to make a difference?

The answer to that is nothing and right now all I can do is replay everything in my head.

This can't be healthy and I just emotionally can't go through another one again. Maybe I should just stick my head in the sand like so many others in this world and ignore all the bad things that happen around me.

I am ashamed to be from Pinellas County now since I feel that these jurors from my own county played this case for the free meals and entertainment. They didn't deliberate long enough and they didn't ask to see any of the evidence. That tells me that they went in with their minds already set. They just wanted to go home. I don't think it will be too comfortable for them around here for quite some time.

Anyway I have to go do some soul searching.

I responded to your post, Madeleine

but it was whooshed during the merge and I don't have the energy to type it again, other than to say, Caylee was not 'missing'. She was dead. And it was 30 days before her mother saw fit to even mention it

Anyway, my way of honouring Caylee will be to not do a thing which would put even one cent in the hands of the Anthonys or the Defence Team. I will not watch talk shows or specials or read anything from which the Anthonys or DT might profit. I would wish and hope others would do likewise. Starve the Anthonys and DT at the root. It's beyond vile that they would profit even a cent from Caylee's suffering and death

I've got my kid's old babysitter and her three babies over.....we're teaching them to swim

No, I don't think Caylee drowned, but it happens everyday somewhere. Both of my children were swimming laps in a pool on a neighborhood swim team by the time they were 3 years old. Something everyone should learn, so they can save their own lifefrom an accident....

Considering all the evidence, the prosecutors, LE, experts, etc....

If they couldn't get justice for Caylee, how could we possibly help anyone? :(

We help just by caring. People who scoff at people like us who invest emotions and time into these cases I think miss a bigger picture. I am so glad I found this board because I love the law, I love trials and these children often just touch my cynical old heart. I'm very glad to have found thousands of other people who feel the same. We are not stupid or whatever else people want to call us. We have all come to be aware of the same thing and have come together collectively for whatever reason. That is never wrong. It is never wrong for people all over the world to talk about what interests them, especially when it's justice for victims.

Think about if you'd been a normal mother, unlike Casey I believe, and your child was murdered and you were surfing the net one night and found this place where hundreds of people were talking about your child, about your case, sending positive thoughts, caring, hoping for justice. It would mean the world.

We will all move on in our own ways, and there are many other victims who need someone, anyone, anywhere, to care. Maybe we can't get them the justice we think they deserve, but we cared, and that counts.

I'll get off my soapbox now. I'll just say I think this is a great thread and I hope it's not deleted.

I don't need to move on to something else, since I've never quit being myself while watching the trial in the first place. We will hear about the freed inmate and see the aftermath televised for awhile then will hear of her whereabouts and activities after that. I'm just going to, of course, stay on WS and just sit back and wait until some other tragedy unfolds involving this person. It will happen eventually, and maybe then justice will be done correctly. When it does, if I'm still alive, then I'll follow it here on WS. I will not watch any programs with her or her family on it , or buy any books that are written by any of the family.

I love the idea of doing something positive, but I don't care for language that tells someone else how they should be feeling or what they should be doing.
Grieving and processing are very different for each individual .Though well meaning, to suggest that someone should" just get over it " or "it's time to move on" can be hurtful to the person that's just not ready.

I was looking at Jose Baez's website early last week and I noticed that he was using a photo of him with the CNN logo on it, it was a biggie!
So, I blasted an email to CNN-asking them if they gave their permission to use the photo on his website and if they were endorsing him. I basically suggested they look into the matter or sue him for illegal use of a trademark!
Well, well, well. Jose's website has changed and that photo isn't anywhere on it.
So yeah, I might not get credit for it, but I think a squeaky wheel does get heard!

So, yepper dee doodle! I think making a stink will make companies think!!

Buh, bye, Casey and your ill begotten gains!

I tell my teen how much I love her several times a day this past week, she is starting to get suspicious! She is in that "don't touch me or look at me" phase, which I totally get a kick out of. I don't care, honestly, if she is in a poopy mood when I lavish the love on her-someday she'll realize just how precious she is to me when she has her own children.
Kiss your babies at least once a day when you think of Caylee. Or think of Caylee when you kiss your kiddos. Caylee did get some real affection from her grandparents and her great-grandpa adored her, you could tell. I am glad for that, that she felt that in her short life.
I come to this site every single day. I have never been like that with any website or forum, still don't other than WS. Thanks to Caylee, I have a huge family of cyber-friends, even those like deviled and seagull who have had their doubts from the beginning-they are actually among my favorite reads!
I will honor Caylee by continuing to support Tricia and all here in their mission to sleuth out and support the missing, exploited and harmed in the hopes that one day some criminal out there, if only one, rethinks what they're about to do because they know this community will go after them like my APBTs.

It's not time for ME to move on. I'm going to sit right here and fume until some kind of justice occurs for this precious little girl. Even if the only justice she ever gets is that thing who gave birth to her can't show her face in public without a crowd calling her out.

That's just how I roll.

:rocker::yourock:

I was looking at Jose Baez's website early last week and I noticed that he was using a photo of him with the CNN logo on it, it was a biggie!
So, I blasted an email to CNN-asking them if they gave their permission to use the photo on his website and if they were endorsing him. I basically suggested they look into the matter or sue him for illegal use of a trademark!
Well, well, well. Jose's website has changed and that photo isn't anywhere on it.
So yeah, I might not get credit for it, but I think a squeaky wheel does get heard!

So, yepper dee doodle! I think making a stink will make companies think!!

Buh, bye, Casey and your ill begotten gains!

:clap::clap::clap::clap: I'll give you credit for it ! :gthanks:

i think if we give up and walk away because this case has taken so much out of us .. then we are NOT honoring casey .. really what has it taken out of us ? we sat behind a keyboard and cried . made friends went and searched for caylee .. we tried .. just because a case worked out like this does not mean they all will .. honoring caylee would be giving our families and children more attention yes but also helping other missing children who are just as deserving as little caylee .. the only ones who really are going through hell right now are the GP ... we need to help other kids too .. i think caylee would want that .. we have to set aside grief and learn from it and work harder next time this case taught us not to make alot of assumptions too.. it taught us to appreciate our kids and others kids much more than before . dont give up guys the missing need you all ..these cases are hard and painful yes but they arnt about how good or bad we feel .. they are about getting justice helping in making new laws keeping an eye out for the long missing and recently missing .. we DO make a difference

A way to honor Caylee? I already have one.
It is what I focused on in the wake of this verdict.

How about working to get an attempt at Justice for a little 2 year old girl murdered July 11, 2008.

A little girl who's mother was in the home when she was murdered... yet is also walking free?

3 years and no arrests... her twin sister and her Daddy who is a soldier deserve better.

Caylee had Yuri, Linda, Jeff, Frank, Nancy Grace... all fighting for her.

We all fought for Justice for Caylee. Everyone did what they could.

Juliette definitely does not have a Yuri or a Linda or Nancy Grace on her side...
I believe she needs us even more than Caylee did.

As the wounds from this devastating verdict begin to heal...
I hope that some will join us in Fighting for Justice for Juliette.

Juliette - July 11, 2008 - Soldier's 2 year old murdered - No arrests.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTIGeHFviyw"] Justice For Juliette - Freedom Isn't Free - YouTube[/ame]

I already have something planned for Tuesday, August 9. This would have been Caylee's birthday so I plan to launch purple/lavender balloons at sundown. I know that there are several fellow-Michiganians who have followed the case here at WS, so we could all do this even though we're spread out across the state. And, of course, anyone else who'd like to join us is more than welcome to honor Caylee on her birthday. :balloons:

IMO the best way to honor Caylee is to dishonor her mother. Treat FCA with the same lack of care and disrespect she showed her daughter when she threw her in the swamp to be eaten by animals.

I will move on when and ONLY WHEN there is ZERO CHANCE that the felon will profit from the death of Caylee.

I have spent the past 2 hours reading all the links, watching the videos, etc. This is a really good cause to get involved with, justice for this little girl who was beaten so badly the bruises showed through her hair as she lay in her coffin. Sent home by ER for 'seizures' and then died alone in her bed from a 4" liver laceration. Looks like the ball was dropped by the ER team, and the ball was never even picked up by LE.

Time for this travesty to end. I'm getting involved in every way I can starting with a letter to this Doug Warner character.

Thanks for bringing this case to our attention.

abbie

I find it hard to move on. There was no justice for Caylee, and it is simply impossible to accept that. I am angry at the jury for believing the DT that GA was involved. I watched an episode online yesterday with JJ, where she was at poor little Caylee´s dump site. She was there with a measuring band; I had no idea that Caylee´s remains were so very close to the road! There is NO WAY that George Anthony, an ex-cop, would have been so careless to basically just throw Caylee´s body from the road and let it land whereever. That was Casey, no doubt about it!

i was basically forgetting about this then a nine year old boy was abuducted and murdered a couple of blocks away from me in Brooklyn last week. It's been national news I am sure you all read about it. In fact the killer was in Orlando on the July 4th weekend, how strange is that?
I am thinking there exists a phenomenon whereby too much immersion into these kinds stories leads to enthophy, and I as a parent cant afford to give up hope. I am so sorry for Caylee, I will treasure her memory by embracing my own loved ones and making every effort to appreciate my blessings. As for Casey the Celeb, I have more doubts than convictions about this case now that the dust has settled. The jury selection was hugely flawed, one commentor said the only eligible candidates were people who werent "intellectually curious". The prosecution was way too confident given who they were addressing in reality, not the media, not the public, but these anomallies. But most of all, if the prosecution presented their best case, and the jury let her go, isnt that something we are supposed to respect even if we dont agree with it? Isnt Casey Anthony now ENTITLED to live her life even if I still want her to go to the gallows? Not sure, a conflict still... It's not the first time things havent turned out how I wanted them to, and not the last. I want justice for Caylee above all, which I dont know if it means retribution towards Casey anymore. I dont know what justice for Caylee is now.

Since the verdict I have felt so many things. Hurt, pain, disbelief, shock, anger, bitterness, you name it, I felt it. This is just so WRONG. Movies, stories, even TV shows don't end this way. The villain is not supposed to win over the good guys. I saw Harry Potter this past weekend, and it ended so happily and felt so right. But not this verdict. It is not right, so wrong I can't even put it into words. Evil doesn't win. It wasn't supposed to end this way. Mighty Casey was supposed to strike out, not get out. Over and over, I keep telling myself this, hearing it in my head.

But...it happened, and there's nothing I can do about it. She's out there, God help us all. And yet, I can't seem to totally move on from this. I guess I'm hoping for a sign, something to say that Casey isn't going to become an infamous millionaire living off of her acquittal the rest of her life, something to tell me the devil isn't going to keep reaping rewards from this.

I know she has no motivation to live a normal, settled down life. I know that she'll end up arrested again, maybe even convicted the next time. The waiting is just so horrible. The waiting is killing me. And each day just seems to bring more joy to her and more misery to me. It's just not fair no matter how I look at it. It's just not fair at all that she got away with it. How does this happen? How do we, as a society, set people free because there's no solid, dot connected map or video to show that she did it? When does using common sense, logic, and your gut to make the right decision get shoved off to the side for the sake of entitlement and selfishness?

Justice is not just flawed in this case, it's bent and broken. We'll continue to see verdicts like these in the future, I just know it. We are losing logic and reason to me me me, what is best for me, not justice, but for me, and it's just disgusting. I hope the twelve are able to sleep at night with the law as their crutch, or whatever flimsy excuse they gave. I wonder how they'll feel when she kills again, and they had the chance to prevent it and didn't.

Apparently all you need is a weird family and 31 days, and you're guaranteed an acquittal. How many more cases like this one will now occur? How many more families will be weird and lie on the stand to get their murderous loved one off?

I can't, just can't devote myself to other cases. I was watching Criminal Minds, and an ep came on regarding a child that was kidnapped, and I turned it off. What hurts more than anything is that kids are still expendable, and can be thrown away like trash with no real consequences to the person, most times the parent, that did it. I don't hurt for Casey and whatever the F she does from here on out. I hurt for Caylee, who's lost in all of this, gone like she never existed, a footnote in the life of the Anthony's.

She was and never will be a footnote to me. She is in my heart everyday for the rest of my life. But that's just it, I have to get back to my life, and not let Casey make me miserable. That's not fair to me, not fair to anyone. I have my own life to lead, and I'll be darned if I let Casey continue to get in the way of it.

But it's just so hard, those lingering thoughts, the hurt, the doubt of justice, the doubt in humanity, the want for karma to slap Casey hard...I know it will take time...there's just so much time, almost too much...

I'm just so tired...I don't want to talk about it, defend why I believe she's guilty and the jury was horribly, awfully, dead wrong in their verdict. I don't want to correct facts or posters, don't want to keep hearing about this case or Casey. I'm just tired, and I want to sleep knowing that evil isn't right outside my door...I just can't be sure anymore...this world is just much darker than it used to be, and I hate feeling that way.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one...so many of us hurt for poor Caylee...it is nice to be in a place where people feel like I do. That is helping me move on. That is helping me honor Caylee. We cared when we her family didn't. And we'll continue to care. And you know what? No one, not the Anthony's, not the defense, not even Casey can ever take that from us. And that brings me some measure of peace, maybe the only peace I'll ever get from this case.

What can I do but live, and laugh, and love, and never forget the good and pureness of Caylee and what she could have been and who she could have turned out to be? That is what I must do. That is the only way for me to find true peace and move on...it's just so hard to do right now...

Sorry this was so long. I guess I was talking myself through it all while posting!

I feel this post is the best way to honor Caylee:
Pita said:
Caylee Memorial To Become Permanent
Walkway, Benches To Be Built Off Suburban Drive

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28583780/detail.html
Good! That's a really nice way to honor Caylee, kinda like the flowers people left to honor Laci & Connor in Mark Geragos's boat in Scott Peterson's case.
This is one that Lee, Cindy, and George won't be able to tear down and destroy, and the annual walk by their house will be a constant reminder to them of the criminal they helped create and harbor!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back