Timeline

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While writing a reply in the thread about the "missing" two minutes, I realized I had enough information to assign exact military times to the times I took from listening to the recording of GZ's call to SPD on February 26, 2012.

All the sources are the same as in message #2 in this thread. The only change is that I have shifted some of the dispatcher's entries in the call log and added a few that I had in inserted previously.

The timeline I put together from the transcript of GZ's call from MSM , the recording of GZ's call from the City of Sanford sit with times I noted from listening to it, the information on Trayvon Martin's phone logs from http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/call+log.pdf, other information from police reports and Sanford Police dispatch logs from the City of Sanford site, and from SPD security footage at the police station. Some of the sources are no longer on the internet at the location I had for them so I don't have links.

This source has a lot of the resources I used to create this timeline: http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news...tin_911_c.html

Times NOT in 24 hour format are minutes:seconds:?? from the beginning of GZ's call as I measured with my audio software. ALL times in that format noted at the end of the immediately preceding comments on the recording. Notes in green are sounds I heard and thought worth mentioning.

18:54:00 Trayvon receives call from girlfriend
19:04:00 Trayvon receives call from girlfriend
19:09:34 Call connected
Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department. …
Zimmerman: Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, [near) Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.
19:09:59 00:25:00
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.
19:10:04 00:30:00
Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?
Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's here now, he was just staring…
19:10:18 00:44:62
19:11:12 1017 area for bm late teens lsw dark gray hoodie jeans or sweatpants walking around area//compl concerned ref recent s21s
Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area…
Zimmerman: …looking at all the houses.
Dispatcher: OK…
Zimmerman: Now he's just staring at me.
19:10:22 00:48:42
Dispatcher: OK—you said it's 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?
Zimmerman: That's the clubhouse…
Dispatcher: That's the clubhouse, do you know what the—he's near the clubhouse right now?
Zimmerman: Yeah, now he's coming towards me.
19:10:33 00:59:52
Dispatcher: OK.
19:10:35 01:01:24 [Car door?)
Zimmerman: He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.
19:10:43 01:09:40
Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?
Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens.
Dispatcher: Late teens ok.
19:10:50 01:16:08 (car door?)
Zimmerman: Somethings wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out, he's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
19:11:00 01:26:62
Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything ok
Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?
19:11:03 01:29:57
Dispatcher: Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
Zimmerman: Okay. These *******s they always get away.
19:11:13 01:39:27
(Series of rhythmic odd noises - windshield wipers?)
When you come to the clubhouse you come straight in and make a left. Actually you would go past the clubhouse.
19:11:17 DIS [dispatch?) S1312 (Officer Ayala)
19:11:28 01:54:09
Dispatcher: So it's on the lefthand side from the clubhouse?
Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left…uh you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left.
19:11:40 02:06:65 **** he's running.
Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?
19:11:43 02:09:47 (Car door alarm?)
Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood. (car door slam)
19:11:48 02:14:18
Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
Zimmerman: The back entrance…****ing (unintelligible)
19:11:56 02:22:36
19:11:59 subj now running towards back entrance of complex
Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah (wind noises)
19:11:59 02:25:20
19:12:00 Trayvon receives call from girlfriend
Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
Zimmerman: Ok
Dispatcher: Alright sir what is your name?
Zimmerman: George…He ran. (wind noises continue)
19:12:12 02:38:14
(Wind noises stop some time in here)
Dispatcher: Alright George what's your last name?
19:12:15 02:41:70 (odd clicking noise - gun?)
Zimmerman: Zimmerman
Dispatcher: And George what's the phone number you're calling from?
Zimmerman: (redacted by Mother Jones)
Dispatcher: Alright George we do have them on the way, do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?
Zimmerman: Alright, where you going to meet with them at?
Zimmerman: If they come in through the gate,
19:12:38 03:04:07 (three odd clicking noises under the word gate)
tell them to go straight past the club house,
19:12:41 03:07:40 (three odd clicking noises, louder)
and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they go past the mailboxes, they’ll see my truck... (unintelligible)
Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of?
Zimmerman: I don’t know, it’s a cut through so I don’t know the address.
Dispatcher: Okay do you live in the area?
Zimmerman: Yeah, I...(unintelligible)
Dispatcher: What’s your apartment number?
Zimmerman: It’s a home it’s 1950, oh crap I don’t want to give it all out, I don’t know where this kid is.
Dispatcher: Okay do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes then?
19:13:12 Compl will 1056 at mailboxes of complex
Zimmerman: Yeah that’s fine.
Dispatcher: Alright George, I’ll let them know to meet you around there okay?
19:13:27 DIS S2711 (Officer Timothy Smith)
Zimmerman: Actually could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at?
Dispatcher: Okay, yeah that’s no problem.
Zimmerman: Should I give you my number or you got it?
Dispatcher: Yeah I got it (redacted)
Zimmerman: Yeah you got it.
Dispatcher: Okay no problem, I’ll let them know to call you when you’re in the area.
Zimmerman: Thanks.
Dispatcher: You’re welcome.
19:13:41 Compl new req leo 1045 before 1056
19:13:45 04:11:00 (recording of call ends)
19:16:00 Time approximate - call with girlfriend ends after she hears interchange with Trayvon and unknown follower
19:16:00 Call 3 begins
19:16:44:47 GUNSHOT
19:17:36 S2711 PEU - Officer Timothy Smith arrived. As he arrived notified by dispatch of shots fired.
19:19:52 S1312 PEU Officer Ricardo Ayalla dispatched/arrived
19:19 Officer Timothy Smith canvasses scene
19:30:00 Trayvon Martin declared dead at scene by EMS
George Zimmerman treated by EMTs in back of police car.
~19:37 Police car carrying George Zimmerman leaves The Retreat At Twin Lakes
19:52:00 George Zimmerman arrived at Sanford Police Department.

Papa could you put this in the Timeline Thread so we don't lose it. I don't think it could go in the media thread but either one if it is allowed. Thanks

From the Bond Hearing:

From the Bond Hearing recording at the [1:19:55] mark:

O’MARA: How do you know he was trying to return to his home?

GILBREATH: Because the location he was found in….is probably….and I don’t have the exact measurements….it’s in the path to the back door of the house where he was staying.

O’MARA: I think the evidence suggested it was 70 yards away, right?

GILBREATH: He came from there; I’m assuming he was going back there.

O’MARA: OK.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815

From RZ Sr.'s Sean Hannity interview:

ZIMMERMAN: He was walking back to his vehicle.

Trayvon came from his left side…from that area where the sidewalks meet…and started beating him.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...-trayvon-martin-shooting?page=2#ixzz1svJVUFyf

Attachments

• TM70Yards3.png
    TM70Yards3.png
    284.3 KB · Views: 25
  • TM70Yards.png
    TM70Yards.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • TM70Yards1.png
    TM70Yards1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
After looking back over the timeline, figuring the times of the various comments in GZ's call to SPD, and thinking about it overnight, I did some measuring of the distances in the subdivision.

Here is the Retreat At Twin Lakes with TM's most direct path home:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1542&pictureid=13577

If TM came in through the unfenced place at the northwest corner of the subdivision, the distance he would have traveled from coming out on the sidewalk inside the subdivision to BG's home is approximately 1310 feet. If TM walked that entire distance it would have taken him about 6.5 minutes (at 3.5 feet per second).

The measurements I am working from are:
  • From the corner at the NW corner of Retreat View Circle to the corner at the entrance of the subdivision = 334 feet (walking time = 95 seconds)
  • Straight from that corner to the mailboxes = 105 feet (walking time = 30 seconds)
  • From the mailboxes to the "T" of the sidewalks = 430 feet (walking time = 123 seconds; running time = 54 seconds)
  • From the "T" to BG's home = 438 feet (walking time = 125 seconds)
  • From the "T" to the location of the last fight (TM's estimated body location) = 122 feet (walking speed = 35 seconds; running speed = 15 seconds)
  • From BG's home to the location of the last fight (TM's estimated body location) = 290 feet (walking time 83 seconds; running time = 36 seconds).
(All measurements were obtained from Google Earth using their measurement tool and are rounded off. Times are based on 3.5 feet per second walking speed and 8 feet per second running speed. All times are also rounded off.)

I think GZ saw TM coming between the townhouses at the NW corner of the subdivision as GZ was driving around Retreat View Circle from his house going towards the clubhouse and the front entrance. I think GZ stopped at the intersection of Retreat View and Twin Trees and watched TM walk up the street, calling SPD as he did so.

GZ's call to SPD connected at 19:09:34. About a minute later, at 19:10:33 (by my estimate) GZ tells the dispatcher, "Yeah, now he's coming towards me." The timing would fit with GZ seeing TM, deciding to call SPD, and doing so - about 30 seconds for GZ to go through the entire process. From then until 19:10:50 GZ tells the SPD dispatcher, "He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male." "He's got button on his shirt, late teens." "Somethings wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out, he's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is."

TM meanwhile has seen GZ's vehicle pass him, then stop at the intersection. He would have walked to the corner, expecting the SUV to pull on out, but it sat there, not moving with the driver staring at him. When I was a pedestrian, often I would circle behind a car stopped at a stop sign so they didn't have to wait for me to pass in front of them. I could see TM doing this, hoping this strange man would drive on off. That could be the 'circling' mentioned in one of GZ's stories. Nothing nefarious, just a cautionary move on TM's part.

If TM walked straight from the corner to the mailboxes, it would take about 30 seconds. Add a little bit of time for him to 'circle' GZ's SUV and that only gives him a few seconds to stop under the area next to the mailboxes and to raise his hood before GZ says, "He's running" at 19:11:40. The dispatcher confirms with GZ that the subject is running and asks which way. The exchange between the dispatcher and GZ that confirms that GZ thought TM was running towards the back entrance lasts until the dispatcher enters in the log at 19:11:59 "subj now running towards back entrance of complex".

TM's phone logs show that the last call from his girlfriend connected at approximately 19:12. I suspect the previous call from her disconnected when TM began to run - maybe TM disconnected and she called back.

The distance from the mailboxes to the "T" intersection of the sidewalks is about 430 feet. If TM ran the entire way, it would take him about 54 seconds. Walking, it would take about 123 seconds, just over one minute difference in times. If TM began running at 19:11:40 and ran the entire way to the "T" he would have gotten there at about 19:12:34. I suspect that TM stopped running before he got all the way to the "T" to answer the call from his girlfriend and to see if the strange man was still following.

From the "T" to the back door of BG's home is about 438 feet and would take a little over two minutes to walk. If TM walked the entire way and planned to go in the back door, he would have been home by 19:15. But he was talking to his girl, watching for the strange man, going slow, I suspect.

What if TM HAD made it home? From the back door of BG's home to the place where we have estimated TM's body to be is 210 to 300 feet (70 yards by several people's estimates, 290 feet by my measurements with Google Earth). At a running speed of 8 feet per second, it would take 26 to 36 seconds to travel that distance.

At the bond hearing Detective Gilbreath mentioned a witness who saw two figures running away from the direction of where TM was staying. If TM was almost home and GZ confronted him at approximately 19:16 when the girlfriend's call disconnected, that chase could end at the location where the body was a few seconds before the gunshot at 19:16:55. Those screams on the 911 call became more desperate in the last ten or twenty seconds - because GZ had stopped TM and TM knew he was about to die?

This is just one theory, but the times seem to fit.

JMO, IMO, etc.

While writing a reply in the thread about the "missing" two minutes, I realized I had enough information to assign exact military times to the times I took from listening to the recording of GZ's call to SPD on February 26, 2012.

All the sources are the same as in message #2 in this thread. The only change is that I have shifted some of the dispatcher's entries in the call log and added a few that I had in inserted previously.

CORRECTION TO TIMES of 911 call with screams and gunshot:
19:16:11 Call 3 begins (call listed as Call #2 on Channel 13 web site)
19:16:55:47 GUNSHOT

From the Bond Hearing:

From RZ Sr.'s Sean Hannity interview:

Do we have BG's actual address? I ask because I have seen other pictures that show BG's townhouse at the last building down, second from the end. curious

Do we have BG's actual address? I ask because I have seen other pictures that show BG's townhouse at the last building down, second from the end. curious

We don't have BG's address, but the second from the end townhouse is owned by the Federal National Mortgage Association and I don't think they lease out homes. The next townhouse is privately owned but the owner doesn't get a homestead exemption, so I suspect that they lease that unit. Based on information obtained from the Seminole County Property Appraiser's web site: http://scpafl.org/

I just realized on my diagram posted above, I identified the second from the end as BG's home and used it for all my measurements! :pullhair::yow:

Elley that is the last building down, but the unit could be the second from the end, IDK. It's hard to tell from that image. Either way, the distance is still considerable.

I don't have an address, but the image came from this NY Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eading-to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin.html

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...n-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation

In this article the video to the left is the one that Tracy and Brandy walk up to the reporter that is behind "john's" as he starts off with the report look down the sidewalk in between the buildings and you will see who I believe to be Tracy and Brandy on their way to him. it really doesn't prove where she lives but they are walking from the far end.

Elley that is the last building down, but the unit could be the second from the end, IDK. It's hard to tell from that image. Either way, the distance is still considerable.

I don't have an address, but the image came from this NY Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eading-to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin.html

Hello Papa. Hope all is well with you. I have been reading and looking at your maps and times etc. At this point, could you advise where you believe Trayvon was when GZ first spotted him? I assume Trayvon entered the development from the bottom entrance (looking at the NY Times image) and would have been making his way to the left and GZ came around the corner from his place. What side of the road would he have parked his vehicle on?

Thanks.

Hello Papa. Hope all is well with you. I have been reading and looking at your maps and times etc. At this point, could you advise where you believe Trayvon was when GZ first spotted him? I assume Trayvon entered the development from the bottom entrance (looking at the NY Times image) and would have been making his way to the left and GZ came around the corner from his place. What side of the road would he have parked his vehicle on?

Thanks.

Welcome to WebSleuths. Give me a few minutes and I'll be back with you. Don't like to hand out answers or opinions w/o backup.

Thanks.

Based on the way I read the 911 transcript, TM seems to have been at or near the Clubhouse during the first part of the call.

911 dispatcher: OK, you said that’s 1111 Retreat View or 111?

Zimmerman: That’s the clubhouse.

911 dispatcher: He’s near the clubhouse now?

Zimmerman: Yeah, now he’s coming toward me.

As for where George was first parked, I found a video last night I'd not seen before where Francis Taaffe did a walk through with NBC. At the 9 second mark he pointed to where he says GZ was parked.

TMTaaffeBody1.png

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...es-to-defense-of-trayvon-martins-shooter?lite

I have overlayed the above image on the attached map below as to where Taaffe seems to be standing and pointing towards where I would think was GZ's first position as TM left the Clubhouse. I tend to think that GZ followed along, in his vehicle, as Trayvon walked down the street until he started running.

I have also shown the position reflected in GZ's statements to the dispatcher as to where his vehicle was parked at the "cut through" when he got out at [2:08] to follow.

Attachments

• TMTaaffeWalkThru.jpg
    TMTaaffeWalkThru.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 38
Thank you, Papa. I have been studying your pictures and having serious problems with perspective. They seem turned around to me and it confuses me. Couldn't watch the video probably because of iPad issues. Tried to view csziggy's picture of Trayvon's path but that won't load either. So, I am not sure where it is thought Trayvon entered on his way back from the store. Did want to thank you though for taking the time to help.

Thank you, Papa. I have been studying your pictures and having serious problems with perspective. They seem turned around to me and it confuses me. Couldn't watch the video probably because of iPad issues. Tried to view csziggy's picture of Trayvon's path but that won't load either. So, I am not sure where it is thought Trayvon entered on his way back from the store. Did want to thank you though for taking the time to help.

Diesel,
I'm sorry you're having problems with my picture. If you have a map application you can use, go to 1111 Retreat View Circle, Sanford FL. That is the location of the clubhouse for the subdivision. Retreat View Circle goes around the entire perimeter of the subdivision, so size the map to show the entire place.

The clubhouse is inside the front entrance to the Retreat at Twin Lakes subdivision. At the northwest corner (upper left on most maps) the front wall to the subdivision stops and there are a few plants as the only divider. I think that may be where Trayvon re-entered on his way home. It cuts 50 or so feet off the distance and it gets a walker off the main road and onto the quieter private road. Trayvon could have come in the main entrance, also, but that would not have given GZ as much time to observe him as it seems from GZ's call.

GZ's home is at the southwest corner of the subdivision, Frank Taaffe's nearly at the NW corner, on the other end of the row of townhouses from the shortcut I think Trayvon took. Trayvon's father's (Tracy Martin) fiance's home is almost at the south east corner, near where Twin Trees Lane ends at the back entrance.

Trayvon's body was found almost at the other end of the block of townhouses where she lives, south of where the sidewalk between the two rows of townhouses run north-south, about half-way up the last set of units of townhouses. Each 'unit' is 5-6 townhouses connected to each other. On that block, the units are about 50 feet apart with shared backyards and a sidewalk running up the middle.

I hope this helps!

IMO, JMO, etc.

Csziggy, thank you, that helps a lot. Seems a long creepy walk to get safely home to me.

:welcome4: diesel!

Thanks to everyone for explaining things so well! We have the best people here. :eek:fftopic:

That's interesting - their map shows the "walking shortcut" as being at the other end of the townhouse unit as I was thinking it was. I assumed that people would use the end closest to Oregon, the street in front of the subdivision. The Miami Herald shows that it might be at the other end.

Coincidentally, the last townhouse on that unit belongs to FT. That makes me wonder.:waitasec:

IMO, JMO, etc.

Why is everyone still calling this girl his girlfriend ... Not the case at all.

So after the police told GZ "you don't need to do that" George said "OK" and answered several more questions by the cops. Had TM kept running he would have been home by then ... correct?

Why is everyone still calling this girl his girlfriend ... Not the case at all.

Because we don't sleuth minors and we don't cite blogs on this site.

(And even if we did, I am not at all sure that the correct girl has been identified by those who do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow