TLM Discussions

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know I'm gonna get slammed for this one but here is info from a facebook page r.e. an interview of one of TLM's friends (K Hurst) by a woman who many find to be very manipulative in her quest for information (she purportedly wants to write a book on the case). The friend has also stated that she may have lied about what she had to say. A poster named Dilbert gave us the link to this page a while ago. It is post #42 on the page.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?u...sh=7aea8c4e0b15ff1ba29e30ebc3bc2018#topic_top

No slamming but the sources are as you know are sketchy at best :) Kayla was reported to definitely exist ( a friend of Carol & TLM), is a known addict and I believe was reported to have been with Carol when the press approached her (can't remember what video, city?? CTV?? one of them) I personally think KH would have said anything for the money she was promised. Is this interview still posted online? As for the interviewer(DH) and her accomplice(RSmart) well i best not report my opinion of those two :)

e117320543d38cf22edb8e26c283.jpeg

No slamming but the sources are as you know are sketchy at best :) Kayla was reported to definitely exist ( a friend of Carol & TLM), is a known addict and I believe was reported to have been with Carol when the press approached her (can't remember what video, city?? CTV?? one of them) I personally think KH would have said anything for the money she was promised. Is this interview still posted online? As for the interviewer(DH) and her accomplice(RSmart) well i best not report my opinion of those two :)

(BBM)

KH definitely exists. She's pictured here with CM, a reporter and a photographer.

e117320543d38cf22edb8e26c283.jpeg

This is her Facebook profile:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cach...rst&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

ETA: Sorry, SL - we were obviously looking for this pic at the same time. :)

Attachments

• CarolMc_KaylaH.jpg
    CarolMc_KaylaH.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 14
I know I'm gonna get slammed for this one but here is info from a facebook page r.e. an interview of one of TLM's friends (K Hurst) by a woman who many find to be very manipulative in her quest for information (she purportedly wants to write a book on the case). The friend has also stated that she may have lied about what she had to say. A poster named Dilbert gave us the link to this page a while ago. It is post #42 on the page.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?u...sh=7aea8c4e0b15ff1ba29e30ebc3bc2018#topic_top

I can't believe I'm going to post this but..... despite my earlier post where i said she would say anything one thing she did say which could be true or have some truth to it was the part about the shoes. She said TLM told her they took them to a field and they found Tori's shoes. Well the day after that field search Police went to TM's home and requested shoes and a tooth from TM & JG.. still could be made up but i'm wondering if she would have been that prepared for this so called interview. She didn't sound it :) Hmmmmm

Link to the article detailing the search the day before and the requests for shoes Tori had worn.

http://www.lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Local/2009/05/22/9533256-sun.html

I can't believe I'm going to post this but..... despite my earlier post where i said she would say anything one thing she did say which could be true or have some truth to it was the part about the shoes. She said TLM told her they took them to a field and they found Tori's shoes. Well the day after that field search Police went to TM's home and requested shoes and a tooth from TM & JG.. still could be made up but i'm wondering if she would have been that prepared for this so called interview. She didn't sound it :) Hmmmmm

Link to the article detailing the search the day before and the requests for shoes Tori had worn.

http://www.lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Local/2009/05/22/9533256-sun.html

(BBM)

I'm not clear on a few things. When did Kayla say this and to whom? When did TLM tell Kayla this? Who are "they"? Who are "them"?

Am I to understand that Kayla told this story before this article appeared? Do you mean that TLM told KH (after her arrest) about LE finding Tori's shoes during one of the searches she went on with LE?

If I understand this sequence of events correctly, then yes, the connection makes sense.

TIA

(BBM)

I'm not clear on a few things. When did Kayla say this and to whom? When did TLM tell Kayla this? Who are "they"? Who are "them"?

Am I to understand that Kayla told this story before this article appeared? Do you mean that TLM told KH (after her arrest) about LE finding Tori's shoes during one of the searches she went on with LE?

If I understand this sequence of events correctly, then yes, the connection makes sense.

TIA

Kayla said this during her telephone interview with DH. I'm not sure of the date this was recorded on, it was online in july but think you have to now request it from DH. Someone else may recall the dates. I personally believe it would have been after this article but the article does not claim they found shoes just they then requested a pair from TM after the day after LE searched the fields with TLM. Kayla has claimed to have talked to TLM after her arrest. Does anyone here have a copy of this interview? it was long and not all of it is transcribed onto the posted FB entry. Here is an excerpt of that post (not sure if this is allowed, if not i'm sure it will be promptly deleted, hope it is not against TOS)

"Diane asking about if the cops have Victoria's clothes and Terri-Lynnes jacket. Kayla says that the cops told her that they have Victoria's shoes which they found where Terri-Lynne lead the police to. Diane says Victoria had boots on in the video. Kayla said the cops said shoes "running shoes that were in the field"

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=101248670810&topic=9284&start=30&hash=7aea8c4e0b15ff1ba29e30ebc3bc2018#topic_top

Hope that helps, sorry multi tasking here :)

Kayla said this during her telephone interview with DH. I'm not sure of the date this was recorded on, it was online in july but think you have to now request it from DH. Someone else may recall the dates. I personally believe it would have been after this article but the article does not claim they found shoes just they then requested a pair from TM after the day after LE searched the fields with TLM. Kayla has claimed to have talked to TLM after her arrest. Does anyone here have a copy of this interview? it was long and not all of it is transcribed onto the posted FB entry. Here is an excerpt of that post (not sure if this is allowed, if not i'm sure it will be promptly deleted, hope it is not against TOS)

"Diane asking about if the cops have Victoria's clothes and Terri-Lynnes jacket. Kayla says that the cops told her that they have Victoria's shoes which they found where Terri-Lynne lead the police to. Diane says Victoria had boots on in the video. Kayla said the cops said shoes "running shoes that were in the field"

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=101248670810&topic=9284&start=30&hash=7aea8c4e0b15ff1ba29e30ebc3bc2018#topic_top

Hope that helps, sorry multi tasking here :)

Thanks, scotslass. I do have the transcript (such as it is) of the interview, but you're right, there's no way to tell when it took place.

Okay, so if I have this right, we have to believe that:
  • KH actually talked to TLM after her arrest

• TLM actually told KH about finding a pair of shoes

• TLM was telling the truth about finding the shoes

• The shoes found were actually Tori's

• KH was telling the truth about this whole thing
I'm not saying it isn't true, but that's a lot of "ifs". If KH told this story before the media account, it's far more believable than if she did afterward. KWIM?

I also wonder why, if LE thought those were Tori's shoes they found, they wouldn't just ask TM to identify them. Why would they need another pair of her shoes? All that might prove is that they are the same size, which isn't much.

MOO

Maybe they were wanting to compare the wear pattern on the soles of the shoes supposedly found and a pair known to belong to Tori?

Thanks, scotslass. I do have the transcript (such as it is) of the interview, but you're right, there's no way to tell when it took place.

Okay, so if I have this right, we have to believe that:
  • KH actually talked to TLM after her arrest

• TLM actually told KH about finding a pair of shoes

• TLM was telling the truth about finding the shoes

• The shoes found were actually Tori's

• KH was telling the truth about this whole thing
I'm not saying it isn't true, but that's a lot of "ifs". If KH told this story before the media account, it's far more believable than if she did afterward. KWIM?

I also wonder why, if LE thought those were Tori's shoes they found, they wouldn't just ask TM to identify them. Why would they need another pair of her shoes? All that might prove is that they are the same size, which isn't much.

MOO

Yeah i believe the whole interview to be far fetched, hence why i said i believe she would have said anything for the cash promised. I was just pointing out that this is the only part that possibly could have a grain of truth to it. As for why LE wouldn't ask Tm to identify the shoes I have know idea but perhaps they wanted to make sure they did belong to TS and had the molds of her feet from another pair to use as evidence (and also back TLm's claims). Oh and KH claimed it was LE who told her about the shoes, which also has me puzzled. I'm not putting any faith in KH's claims at this point, but will admit she COULD (i say this lightly) have been telling the truth about the shoes being found in the field. FWIW i do believe KH would have spoke to TLM after her arrest (breach) as they were supposedly best friends we know she was calling MR so why not her BF?? what i find skeptical is that they would have discussed any of the events that supposedly transpired that day. I also find it hard to believe Le would have leaked the info on the shoes kwim.. So I'm with you on the actual interview being a load of BS she supposedly sounded out of it but she may always sound that way I have no idea. Guess i was only being my own devil's advocate so that i could say I considered it :)

Maybe they were wanting to compare the wear pattern on the soles of the shoes supposedly found and a pair known to belong to Tori?

That's possible, but it would depend on the ages of both pairs of shoes and the material and texture of the soles. The wear pattern on a one-week-old pair wouldn't compare well with one that had been worn often for several months. A lot of variables there. Also, kids grow out of shoes so quickly that I wonder just how much wear pattern there would be.

At the time of this seizure by LE of Tori's shoes, someone suggested another reason and I can't remember what it was. Something to do with DNA (perspiration?) being more prominent in shoes, maybe?

Does anyone know if CM has resurfaced - was she in the court the day of TLM's video appearance. Why do they keep rescheduling court dates - will the one in October finally have TLM enter a plea?

Does anyone know if CM has resurfaced - was she in the court the day of TLM's video appearance. Why do they keep rescheduling court dates - will the one in October finally have TLM enter a plea?

I don't know about CM, but I hope she's all right. She may be with family out of town.

This is what izzy45 said about all the court dates:

"Coming to court is a way to for their counsel to gather any additional disclosure and get future dates for court appearances. They may set up a crown resolution meeting (not held in court), a pretrial (held in front of a judge) or a preliminary hearing (also in front of a judge)." (BBM)

I'm taking from this that as more disclosure comes in (or is requested by the defense attorneys), they need to get it in court each time with appearances by the accused. It's possible that there will be several more of these before we get any useful information or even a plea. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this.)

The previous photo of CM with the chickie-poo - what is in Carol's back pocket? Is it a cell phone?

The previous photo of CM with the chickie-poo - what is in Carol's back pocket? Is it a cell phone?

Looks like cigarettes to me...Players maybe. I had a BIL who smoked them which makes me think that is what is in her pocket.

I looked back through some of the newspaper articles (Toronto Star) and noticed that the sleuthing neighbours said that CM told them 10 days after Tori went missing that TLM and MR went to London and disgarded clothing - does this mean that she told them "10 days after the abduction" or "10 days after the abduction TLM and MR went to London"? I realize that LE picked TLM up on April 12th - do we know for sure that she never was released since that date?

I looked back through some of the newspaper articles (Toronto Star) and noticed that the sleuthing neighbours said that CM told them 10 days after Tori went missing that TLM and MR went to London and disgarded clothing - does this mean that she told them "10 days after the abduction" or "10 days after the abduction TLM and MR went to London"? I realize that LE picked TLM up on April 12th - do we know for sure that she never was released since that date?

This is the exact quote:

"About 10 days after Tori went missing, Carol McClintic told Jessica that her daughter and her boyfriend had gone to London to dispose of some clothes."

http://www.thestar.com/comment/columnists/article/637399

I definitely interpret the wording here to mean that CM told them 10 days after Tori went missing. This is why syntax is so important. If it were the other meaning, it should have been written:

"Carol McClintic told Jessica that her daughter and her boyfriend had gone to London about 10 days after Tori went missing to dispose of some clothes."

We have heard nothing about TLM having been released from jail at any time after her initial arrest on April 12th.

"Her daughter was already in custody, and had been, for several weeks, apparently for breach of probation violations."

http://www.thestar.com/comment/columnists/article/637399

Not sure how a conversation between the neighbours and CM would come up regarding clothes 10 days after the abduction. Is it possible that the neighbours asked CM if TLM's white coat was still in the house after her arrest and CM told them she hadn't seen it and that TLM and MR had disposed of some clothes in London? Could she have told them this just to get them off her back? Maybe they were asking if they could come in and look for it.

It's an odd comment for sure and if it's true, it shows that CM wasn't trying to hide anything regarding her daughter's possible involvement. If she just made it up then she might have been trying to mess with the neighbours because they were bothering her by sending them on a hunt to London just for kicks. It's really hard to know what mindset CM was in on a daily basis and how much she may have been aware of the situation going on around her.

Not sure how a conversation between the neighbours and CM would come up regarding clothes 10 days after the abduction. Is it possible that the neighbours asked CM if TLM's white coat was still in the house after her arrest and CM told them she hadn't seen it and that TLM and MR had disposed of some clothes in London? Could she have told them this just to get them off her back? Maybe they were asking if they could come in and look for it.

It's an odd comment for sure and if it's true, it shows that CM wasn't trying to hide anything regarding her daughter's possible involvement. If she just made it up then she might have been trying to mess with the neighbours because they were bothering her by sending them on a hunt to London just for kicks. It's really hard to know what mindset CM was in on a daily basis and how much she may have been aware of the situation going on around her.

These excerpts from the media also cast suspicion on Carol's claim that TLM got rid of the jacket:

"Goris said he saw McClintic a few days after the abduction, just before she was arrested on outstanding warrants, and noticed her hair had been cut. He also learned there was a white puffy jacket in the apartment that had been dyed pink."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/05/21/9530446.html

TLM only had four days to get rid of the jacket. If the above story is true and JG saw the jacket "a few days after the abduction, just before she was arrested", either CM's statement, or the neighbours', becomes less reliable.

And then there is this one:

"Another resident of Fyfe Avenue, Dave Palmer, said he was driving by McClintic's home the day police picked her up. He stopped to watch."

"She was carrying a white puffy jacket in her arms. It looked a little pinkish."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/05/23/9545321-sun.html

So, according to Mr. Palmer, TLM still had the jacket when she was arrested.

This just shows that we can't take a lot of what's been said as written in stone. So many conflicting reports!

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashpandaoutside
Back