TN TN - Alcoa, near Knoxville Airport, BlkFem 17-25, UP7700, "...Great Deal of Love..." tshirt, Mar'03

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a pretty girl.
upload_2020-9-21_18-9-25.png

NCMEC Forensic Artist completed a 2D facial reconstruction for the Jane Doe who was discovered in Alcoa on March 25, 2003. The original request was submitted to complete both a front and profile view; however the artists only felt confident in completing..... the rest of the wording is missing on the link.

The intersection of Cusick Rd and Wright Rd is across from the Knoxville Airport. It is not very far from the ALCOA (aluminum plant) and from the Alcoa High School. If she is local, she went to Alcoa Elementary and Alcoa High School.
upload_2020-9-21_18-15-28.png

Anyone have a classmates .com subscription that they could take the newer photo and compare it to students at Alcoa High School from 1995-2002?
The only years available are 95, 96, and 97. I’ll see what I can find!

ETA: If anyone can describe, or give an example of, what her teeth might have looked like in life, please share. I’m having a hard time visualizing.

Last edited:
The only years available are 95, 96, and 97. I’ll see what I can find!

ETA: If anyone can describe, or give an example of, what her teeth might have looked like in life, please share. I’m having a hard time visualizing.
I would think the top lip would protrude significantly kinda like the one clay reconstruction on her NamUS page?

Nothing really jumped out at me, but there was many girls who were not smiling and could be considered as having a protruding upper lip. It doesn’t help much that the clay bust and new recon do not look much alike to me. :confused:

Nothing really jumped out at me, but there was many girls who were not smiling and could be considered as having a protruding upper lip. It doesn’t help much that the clay bust and new recon do not look much alike to me. :confused:
What I find notable are the ears. They are tall/big ears. Maybe it’s because I have prominent ears too. I got them from my Dad.

The newer depiction she looks like the higher age range, early 20s. Like a young college student. The clay reconstruction she looks younger and her facial features are less defined. The bones in the face grow at different rates. I learned this when my oldest was having dental problems but was too young for braces. The orthodontist did xrays every 6 months waiting for the facial bones to grow.

She could be a University of Tennessee college student. The Knoxville campus is just north of Alcoa. Do they publish something like a yearbook? I can’t remember how much social media was used then. I don’t think very much. The UT campus did publish a small newspaper and they may still do that. They also have an on campus radio station. Perhaps as a college student she was active in community events. Anyway, my point being, she could be from anywhere.

I moved to this area in 1991 and left in 2007. I vaguely remember hearing about this case. At the time, my best friend and I used to go walk Springbrook park with our little ones. I remember her being nervous when we went into a more remote area of the green belt. (Paved walking trail). About 20 minutes into our walk, a police cruiser came driving thru over the trail. I remember joking with her and saying “feel better now?” To this day, she lives across the street from Springbrook Park. It’s a very nice area to live and raise a family.

What I find notable are the ears. They are tall/big ears. Maybe it’s because I have prominent ears too. I got them from my Dad.

The newer depiction she looks like the higher age range, early 20s. Like a young college student. The clay reconstruction she looks younger and her facial features are less defined. The bones in the face grow at different rates. I learned this when my oldest was having dental problems but was too young for braces. The orthodontist did xrays every 6 months waiting for the facial bones to grow.
AH! good observation! I was too focused on the mouth to notice, but you're right!

I'm not sure how reliable reconstructions of ears are on skeletal remains. I agree with previous posters that the dentition described would probably result in an upper lip that would protrude, possibly to the point that it would be difficult to fully close her lips--maybe could be done consciously, but her natural facial expression might result in a slightly open mouth. I do not believe that this, combined with missing front teeth, is likely to be the mouth of a college student, etc. This is someone who has not had good access to dental care in some time, if ever.

NAMUS states that the mandible wasn't found, so the lower/teeth jaw is all speculation on the part of the artist(s).

@othram

March 25, 2023

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A woman whose remains were found in Alcoa 20 years ago is still unidentified. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) says that the woman was found on March 25, 2003, less than half a mile from McGhee Tyson Airport. Her partial skeletal remains were found scattered in a drainage creek off Cusick Road, east of Wright Road.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back