GUILTY TN - Anakin Wiest, 8 wks, starved to death, Smyrna, 8 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stripper-charged-with-starving-2-month-old-son-to-death.jpg
Brittany Wiest works as an adult entertainer in Nashville. Police said she has a 2-year-old son who is perfectly cared for and healthy. That child is now in Department of Children's Services custody...

Steve Anderson, the father of Brittany Wiest's unborn child, spoke to Channel 4.

"I became friends with Brittany in May," Anderson said. "We started dating in July. Up until yesterday, Brittany and I both thought the child died of SIDS. I wasn't in the picture back then. My main priority is the welfare of my child and my main goal is getting custody of my baby girl."...

Police said DCS has investigated Brittany Wiest in the past, but DCS could not elaborate on former cases due to strict confidentiality laws.
http://www.wsmv.com/story/28038333/new-details-emerge-on-mother-charged-in-infants-death

"We are asking the same question. How could you ever do that?" said Detective Rick Hall with Smyrna police. "But I think people find themselves in situations or in lifestyles that other things get neglected, and I think that's what we're looking at in this case."

From the link posted by newme2. Just like I thought (see my post above)..and I hadn't even read Detective Hall's statement yet. Bless these other 2 children. I pray they get the love and care and attention they need and deserve.

Okay I'm sorry but that detective makes it sound like this baby was just an aside...a little chore that was neglected...like he was a little cactus on a windowsill which was forgotten because people got too busy...just seems really dismissive...maybe I need to go back to sleep it's too early.

Decades ago I read an article in a nursing journal relating baby name selection to the child's later health.

Labor & delivery nurses asked women about their baby's name prior to birth. Researchers from the nursing school followed up.

Children who were named before Mom went into labor & babies with "traditional" names had good outcomes.

Children whose mother went into labor without a name, whose mother invented or made up a name, or were named for current media figures had statistically less positive outcomes.

No source today, but this was a nursing Master's thesis completed at a major university hospital in the late 1970's.

The nurse writing this thesis suggested follow-up support for little Anakin and his Mom....

I have searched everywhere for an update. Is there anything any one else has found??

I hadn't heard of this case until today. Also hoping to find some sort of update on this awful woman.

Stumbled upon this one. I can't find any updates at all. Is she incarcerated? Please don't tell me this one is out on the streets.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I spent ages searching for updates the other night and I couldn't find anything. Not a peep on any of her family members Facebook pages or anything. I did check her status on vinelink and it says she's still in custody

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I was able to find a court date. But nothing after. This is driving me crazy!!
a9d8f542b789761ce48640fd0a274c10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been keeping an eye out for updates too, with no luck. I don't understand Wiest's actions or thinking at all. She seemed to not comprehend what happened to baby Anakin, let alone see herself as the cause of his death. I remember seeing the post-mortem photos of him on her FB. Is the woman cunning or just off the rails insane?

Here's a YT video she uploaded on May 6, 2014, almost exactly one month after Anakin's death.

[video=youtube;l1BoRurwDug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1BoRurwDug[/video]

Such an odd woman. I hope we eventually learn what happened to Brittany. At least her other child has been taken from her and most likely the baby she was pregnant with during her arrest. What do we do with someone like this? She doesn't seem to know she did something wrong and she's in her prime for popping out babies. I hope that she's currently in some type of institution where she won't be having more babies for now.

I going to bet she is on medications like Xanax. But, she did loose a child rather she comprehends that she was the cause. That is why I think she is on medication, it makes you not focus obsessively on your lost child. And how she is acting in this video back and forth with wording and she seems unfocused.

On social media, some of her friends stuck up for her and said the baby projectile vomited and doctors acted like it was no big deal.

I don't know this woman, or what was going on, but in my life I personally know two mothers who breastfed babies that nearly starved to death, under the watchful eye of their pediatrician. "He's fine" both mothers were told until the child was nearly dead and taken by concerned family members along with the mother to the ER.

One of the mothers was almost charged by CPS, until she produced medical records that the child was seen THREE times the prior week at her medical clinic, with her complaint that the baby was too thin. Completely blown off. In one case the pediatrician was cited by the medical licensing board for malpractice.

Both of these boys are now healthy and thriving, and the moms feel terrible guilt.

I'm just saying. Since she did have one very healthy toddler, is it possible she wasn't completely at fault here?

On social media, some of her friends stuck up for her and said the baby projectile vomited and doctors acted like it was no big deal.

I don't know this woman, or what was going on, but in my life I personally know two mothers who breastfed babies that nearly starved to death, under the watchful eye of their pediatrician. "He's fine" both mothers were told until the child was nearly dead and taken by concerned family members along with the mother to the ER.

One of the mothers was almost charged by CPS, until she produced medical records that the child was seen THREE times the prior week at her medical clinic, with her complaint that the baby was too thin. Completely blown off. In one case the pediatrician was cited by the medical licensing board for malpractice.

Both of these boys are now healthy and thriving, and the moms feel terrible guilt.

I'm just saying. Since she did have one very healthy toddler, is it possible she wasn't completely at fault here?

It's really hard to believe doctors saw little Anakin and determined he was healthy - I saw the photos Brittany posted of him and it was clear that he was dehydrated and malnourished. But I do get that sometimes doctors miss something important.

Some things that make my brain hurt are that Brittany had an older child who was healthy so it seems that she would have noticed that her baby was not thriving; after all she had already raised one baby. Also, her boyfriend (not Anakin's father) was in the house and apparently he didn't see anything wrong either.

So what happened? Unfortunately msm went silent on this case so we may never know if Brittany ever took Anakin in for check ups (I don't put much stock in social media posts). If she did and doctors pronounced him healthy then I hope she has a really good malpractice attorney on her side.

Those YT videos of her pole dancing, with a baby crib in the background, make her look neglectful. It's really hard not to judge her actions when there's a dead infant who did not have to die. I really wish msm would have followed up, just for the sake of other young mothers who may be in the same position of having an infant who's failing to thrive while the doctors ignore the symptoms.

OTOH, if she did ignore little Anakin's needs then she needs to pay for her neglect. And if that is the case she needs some heavy therapy and education in order to prevent it from happening again.

I have thought about the what if he did not take to feeding or unable to digest correctly. I do wish there was more coverage on both Legal sides. This case should have taken off coverage wise like Caylee Anthony and JonBenet Ramsey cases. But then again maybe the Tennessee courts shut down the media so that it would not be a circus. I do not know her either, so I could not say if she was doing everything medically possible for her child. She is still in jail (VINEMobile) and her oldest daughter is with family and the daughter she gave birth to incarcerated is with the father (all information from facebook, In memoriam of Anakin Wiest and awareness of every Angel taken too soon).

I can't take the credit for this but I thought I'd post it as I know some of you here were as curious as I was as to what the outcome was. Seems she was sentenced to nearly 20 years. I've searched and searched for any MSM articles but I couldn't find anything. I would have loved to hear more but at least this answers some questions. Did she plead guilty I wonder?

22efc9785ea7792157c4220a2b8e92d7.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I can't take the credit for this but I thought I'd post it as I know some of you here were as curious as I was as to what the outcome was. Seems she was sentenced to nearly 20 years. I've searched and searched for any MSM articles but I couldn't find anything. I would have loved to hear more but at least this answers some questions. Did she plead guilty I wonder?

22efc9785ea7792157c4220a2b8e92d7.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mellie, thank you so much for posting this! We may never learn the whole story but at least we know she's off the street and won't be birthing any more babies for a while. IMO I don't think she would have gotten a prison sentence for that many years if there was evidence that doctors were telling her that Anakin was fine - in fact I suspect that Anakin may not have seen many doctors at all, like little Tayla Aleman. JMO of course.

Apparently Brittany is a “prison artist.” Her art is hideous and shows no talent whatsoever but one person was enamored of it - or more likely the prisoner herself.

She indicated she was in WTRC in Henning TN. It’s a treatment center associated with the West Tennessee State Penitentiary. So she’s receiving therapy which hopefully will help her when she’s released.

Regardless, I hope she never births another baby. Her flowery spiel on the artist page smacks more like it’s all about her and her feelings than remorse for starving her baby to death. IMO

I did a search on her at:
Felony Offender Photo.
Biographical Information
Name:BRITANNY MARIE WIEST
Birth Date:05/13/1993
TDOC ID:00574899
State ID Number (SID):03962939
Physical Characteristics
Sex:FEMALERace:WHITE
Height:05' 03"Complexion:FAIR
Weight:146 lbs.Eye Color:BLUE
Hair Color:BROWN
Image Date: 03/13/2023
Download Image
Aliases
BRITTANY MARIE WIEST

upervision Status:INCARCERATEDAssigned Location:DEBRA K. JOHNSON REHABILITATION CENTER
Combined Sentence(s) Length:20 YRS 0 MTHS 0 DAYSSupervision/Custody Level:MINIMUM TRUSTEE
Sentence Begin Date:02/04/2015Sentence End Date:02/04/2032

1691437321703.png
P.S. one of her FB is still up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member