AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning Sabastien Rogers, the missing boy from Tennessee with Autism, I wonder how far his home is from a Post Office? Maybe he may have been familiar going there and he climbed in or even under one of their vehicles for shelter. If it wasn't open ,maybe under a boat, row boat or Canoe near by,? Anyone research his street and Google the area from that ,keeping in mind he could have traveled several hundred yards, maybe to try to go somewhere he knew. Perhaps, he had gotten hurt, twisted an ankle or gotten another injury and without cell phone or, perhaps, not knowing how to use a phone ,tried to go to a familiar place to ask if he could have them call home. If it was before a familiar business opened, such as a post office, or fishing business, he might have gotten scared and took cover in vehicle, outhouse or under boat. Praying he can figure out how to get water.

I just watched the interview with Sebastian's mother and step-father. I felt it was credible and honest. I thought they both just seemed to be answering the questions as best as they could.

There were two questions that I was left with. His mother said she didn't know why he walked out the door. Does that mean they don't believe one possibilty is that someone entered the home and took him? (Although I don't think that's likely).

And they said she searched the home, including closets and behind things. Does that mean he sometimes hides?

Later I will listen to the podcast.

I re-listened to the Dutchess podcast with the mom and stepdad. By all accounts and according to the stepdad, SR wasn't a runner, he rarely left the house and/or his room and was more a homebody. So what triggered this apparent change in behavior that SR would vanish - especially in the middle of the night?

In discussing the timeline on the podcast, the parents indicate he vanished between 12am and 6am. Mom states she told SR to go to bed at 9pm (which was his normal time) and he said good-night and went to his room. From 9:46pm to approx. 12am, mom (laying on the couch) is on the phone with stepdad and close to midnight she begins to fall asleep and stepdad tells her it's late, put the dogs up and go to bed. Stepdad says SR vanished before the house was locked up. So did mom lock-up the house when she went to bed around 12am, if so, does that mean SR potentially left before 12am when mom began to fall asleep on the couch? Did mom forget to the lock the house and so SR vanished after she went to bed which would fit the 12am - 6am window? If the house was locked, does that mean SR couldn't have unlocked it or didn't know how? or unlocking the house would trigger some alarm? Stepdad specifically mentioning the "unlocked" statement and then how it fits into the reported timeline stuck out to me (imo)
Or did she inadvertently lock him  out?

How awful would that be? If she didn't know he was swake, didn't know he was outside, she locks up for the night, locking him out, and he misinterprets that as intentional?

That would have placed him outside when she let the dogs out. I wonder if, if now, she could recall the dogs coming back in slower than normal. Because dogs being dogs IMO they'd have gone straight to Sebastion and been conflicted when called back.

Just imagine if Sebastion attempted to follow them in, with the door shut and locked?

Worst misunderstanding/accident ever?

What would he do next? Where would he try to go? In confusion and distress...

How did no cameras pick him up somewhere?

I so want him to be found, hiding and safe.

MOO

Listening to the Dutchess interview when the stepdad was talking it felt like he was reading when discussing the weekend referring his wife as the mom and stepson as the boy like he wrote that down before the interview. JMO but it seemed off to me. I have to listen to it again.

I wish this situation would get more media coverage. I have friends in TN that had not heard about him. Does anyone know if any of the 'missing persons' groups are involved in this search?

I always hope that the missing are on an adventure and will be found soon!

Thinking out loud...

Is it normal for mom/stepdad to be on the phone that long while he's working/away?

Were they arguing, could that have been a catalyst for Sebastian to take off?

If this was not typical for their phone conversations...that is concerning for me.

Stepdad says he's very strict. In my experience as a stepparent, it's less than ideal when the PARENT isn't the primary disciplinarian.

Social media not allowed, but played an online game. Was this game connected to the internet? Online gaming + very impressionable 15yo might = connected with a predator.

I do feel good about the fact that dad and stepdad had a positive co-parenting relationship. That was a positive for me. (According to stepdad, and we haven't heard otherwise from dad.)

Thinking out loud...

Is it normal for mom/stepdad to be on the phone that long while he's working/away?

If this was not typical for their phone conversations...that is concerning for me.

Stepdad says he's very strict. In my experience as a stepparent, it's less than ideal when the PARENT isn't the primary disciplinarian.

Social media not allowed, but played an online game. Was this game connected to the internet? Online gaming + very impressionable 15yo might = connected with a predator.

I do feel good about the fact that dad and stepdad had a positive co-parenting relationship. That was a positive for me. (According to stepdad, and we haven't heard otherwise from dad.)
All good points. The stepdad CP also mentioned that SR doesn't like to get dirty, doesn't like bugs etc so it sounds as if he isn't the outdoor type. The community has been encouraged to look under things on their property where SR might hide but that sounds contrary to the stepdad's description.

Thinking out loud...

These are all good questions and observations.
I have an adult autistic son and as a teen he was extremely impressionable and impulsive.
My fear with this boy is that he’s been gone about 9 days now.
As far as law enforcement telling people in the community to look in and under sheds and decks on their properties, I just can’t see how he could survive like that for 9 days.

The search for Sebastian Rogers, a missing teen from Sumner County, took investigators to Kentucky Thursday morning where they are reportedly searching a landfill.

According to the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office, the landfill in Kentucky is where trash went from Sebastian’s neighborhood in the Beech area. Officials called the search of the landfill a “precautionary measure to eliminate possible options and questions.”

AMBER Alert for Sebastian Rogers: Officials searching Kentucky landfill

Investigators with the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office are searching a landfill in Kentucky where trash from missing 15-year-old Sebastian Rogers' neighborhood went.
*not good for Sebastian and for whoever disappeared him. I hope someone is sweating profusely.

Last edited:
The Kentucky State Police spokesperson Ridge Porter said detectives obtained a search warrant Thursday morning for the landfill located in Hopkins County in White Plains, Kentucky.

I find it interesting that these parents were referred to the podcast by a family member and chose that avenue to finally share the interview in that manner. Your child is missing, why not be interviewed locally I wonder.
On Sunday, a podcaster by the name of Dutchess, whose show focuses on missing persons, posted audio of her conversation with Sebastian's parents who she says turned to her after being referred by a family member.

Also is this just bad reporting? Because that's not what I heard on the podcast. I heard that around 9:43 mom and stepdad were on the phone until around or just before midnight.
Sebastian's stepfather Chris had been out of town during the disappearance and mom Katie says she had fallen asleep on the couch around 9 p.m. and woke around 12 a.m. to go to the bedroom.

Here is the article -

Investigators with the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office are searching a landfill in Kentucky where trash from missing 15-year-old Sebastian Rogers' neighborhood went.
*not good for Sebastian and for whoever disappeared him. I hope someone is sweating profusely.

“There is no specific information that indicates evidence related to the search for Sebastian may be there,” according to the sheriff’s office.

If got warrant to search was surely something to it and not just a cautionary check

“There is no specific information that indicates evidence related to the search for Sebastian may be there,” according to the sheriff’s office.

If got warrant to search was surely something to it and not just a cautionary check
I think you need a reason for a warrant , not just to rule something out. I really hope this sweet boy is ok.

That's where my mind goes.

You need probable cause for a warrant.

But that doesn't, however, necessarily mean foul play.

The fear might be that he could have fallen into or hidden himself in a dumpster. Another case like that on WS --

Hopefully LE can get directly to an area of the landfill and rule it swiftly in or out.

JMO

Last edited:

SUMNER COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — The search for Sebastian Rogers, a missing teen from Sumner County, took investigators to Kentucky Thursday morning where they are reportedly searching a landfill.

According to the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office, the landfill in Kentucky is where trash went from Sebastian’s neighborhood in the Beech area. Officials called the search of the landfill a “precautionary measure to eliminate possible options and questions.”

The Kentucky State Police spokesperson Ridge Porter said detectives obtained a search warrant Thursday morning for the landfill located in Hopkins County in White Plains, Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro