AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What specifically makes you think they're getting close? (The video shows unavailable for me, and the vigil article is not available in my country...)

I'm sorry you can't watch via YouTube. I didn't even realize the news outlet blocked it's viewing on other sites until after I posted. But, really I didn't glean too much from it anyway except that step-dad attended the vigil. (jmo)

ETA: Does this link work?

Last edited:
I recently moved out of Middle TN, and had lived in an adjacent county to Sumner County. There are a couple things that stand out to me.

This area of TN has undergone a massive building explosion in the last 5-6 years. Many homes are being built on what was former farm ground. This area is known for its limestone ground, and because of the limestone, there tend to be sinkholes. They can open up randomly and quickly, and many are unaware that they can open like that. I had a neighbor, who had one open up in his pasture, within 200 feet of his home, and they lost a calf down it.

Could Sebastian have found or seen a sinkhole and gone to explore it? Could he have fallen into one accidentally, especially if he was out in the dark with only a flashlight?

His mother talked about his love of animals. Could he have seen an animal, or anything else that potentially piqued his interest, that he wanted to go visit and hadn’t been allowed to go or been put off from going?

One thing that bothers me is both his mother and stepfather talked about how Sebastian doesn’t like to get dirty, which is common with children on the spectrum (have a grandson who has had occupational therapy for this). Would he have really wanted to go out without his shoes on, especially this time of year in TN, as it is mud season? That part of the state has been very wet this winter.

If he truly left of his own volition, I worry about someone coercing him. Sadly, not all children are kind and compassionate, especially when a classmate is disadvantaged. When I hear the stories about how much Sebastian wanted friends, I worry that he would be an easy target for bullies who might lure him out of his house after dark--by telling him to go to the construction site barefooted, and they would meet there and be best friends.

Sebastian seems so vulnerable. I hope no one took advantage of his intense desire for friendship.

Here's an article that I believe has some of the information from the vigil. Vigil held for missing Sumner County teen Sebastian Rogers
What is up with the parents refusing to speak to the media about their son/stepson?

Why are there inconsistencies in what they say? Mom says that SR was happy that morning, but at another time, she said that when she went to check on him that morning, he was nowhere to be found.

Father of missing autistic 15-year-old says he would never wander off alone

…his father believes there are missing pieces to this puzzle.

“With the information that I’ve gotten from Sumner County and TBI and the fact that dogs aren’t 100 percent, they’re not picking up his scent,” he said.

“One dog tracked him to a construction area over there and it just disappeared and it’s confusing. There’s missing pieces to the puzzle and I’m having difficulty solving this.”

Mr Rogers added that it makes “absolutely no sense there’s been no trace of him.”

“I’m hoping he’s still alive,” the father said. “That is my main hope right now.”

On Sunday, dozens of people from the community gathered for a prayer vigil at Beech High School in Hendersonville, near where Sebastian was last seen, just down the street from his home. They wore green, Sebastian’s favourite colour.

Sebastian’s mother and stepfather were not at the vigil, but provided a statement that was read aloud:

“We want to let the community know that we don’t have words to express our gratitude for the support for have received in searching for our son. We pray that everyone continues to help search and pray that we find him and bring him home safe.”
IMG_8477.png

“One dog tracked him to a construction area over there and it just disappeared and it’s confusing. There’s missing pieces to the puzzle and I’m having difficulty solving this.”
Snipped **

Just noting, I don't think I've heard this stated before. So he was tracked to an area away from the home.

What is up with the parents refusing to speak to the media about their son/stepson?

Why are there inconsistencies in what they say? Mom says that SR was happy that morning, but at another time, she said that when she went to check on him that morning, he was nowhere to be found.
I believe stating he was happy was regarding that Sunday, not the Monday morning she realized him to be missing. MOO

Sebastian’s mother also mentioned living in California in the interview with Holly Thompson, and how Sebastian loved participating in a school fund raiser there where the kids logged laps on the school track.

Could Sebastian be headed to California?

I’m confused about this:​

Sebastian is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, 120 pounds with dirty blond hair. He was last seen on Monday, Feb. 26 near Stafford Court wearing a black sweatshirt and black sweatpants, said the TBI.

I thought mom was the last to see him on Sunday night when he went to bed around 9:00 pm?

Did step dad attend vigil or not?? On this same thread, a couple post between each other, one said he was there and another said he did not. <modsnip> Praying fro this young man.
The article from The Independent which I recently posted stated that neither mother nor stepfather attended the vigil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snipped **

Just noting, I don't think I've heard this stated before. So he was tracked to an area away from the home.
I was wondering if Sebastian's scent was tracked directly from his house to the construction site ; or that they searched w/dogs at the site -- and the dogs 'hit' on his scent in that area ?
Omo.

Last edited:
I was wondering if Sebastian's scent was tracked directly from his house to the construction site ; or that they searched w/dogs at the site and the dogs 'hit' on his scent in that area ?
Omo.
Yes, and it seems strange that the dogs then lost the scent. I can see why the Dad finds that puzzling and disturbing. It’s been 2 weeks now and according to the father SR would not want to be without shoes or socks.

Seth said his son who is autistic is not a wanderer. He finds it highly unlikely Sebastian would leave in the middle of the night barefoot based on an experience his son had as a child.

"He decided he wanted to step into a mound of what he thought was dirt," Rogers said. "It was fire ants, and since then he doesn't like to get his feet in the dirt. He likes to have his shoes and socks on."

"With the information that I’ve gotten from Sumner County and TBI and the fact that dogs aren’t 100 percent, they’re not picking up his scent,” he said.

Mr Rogers added that it makes “absolutely no sense there’s been no trace of him.”
Weird. Construction site. Dont like the sound of that.
I have a hard time personally putting a lot of stock in TBI after the Summer Wells fiasco (just my two cents, not disparaging LE, just voicing a lot of what we all feel I think regarding that that case could've & should've been solved by now)

Did step dad attend vigil or not?? On this same thread, a couple post between each other, one said he was there and another said he did not. <modsnip> Praying fro this young man.

I incorrectly posted that step-dad was there.... my mistake. I meant to state DAD was there... typo!. I'm sorry my mistake caused you such confusion <modsnip> I made a human error that I'm not afraid to admit/own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if Sebastian's scent was tracked directly from his house to the construction site ; or that they searched w/dogs at the site -- and the dogs 'hit' on his scent in that area ?
Omo.
I can only go by what was said, and that was "tracked him to".

That leads me to believe it was from home, but that is just my interpretation.

Yes, and it seems strange that the dogs then lost the scent. I can see why the Dad finds that puzzling and disturbing. It’s been 2 weeks now and according to the father SR would not want to be without shoes or socks.

Seth said his son who is autistic is not a wanderer. He finds it highly unlikely Sebastian would leave in the middle of the night barefoot based on an experience his son had as a child.

"He decided he wanted to step into a mound of what he thought was dirt," Rogers said. "It was fire ants, and since then he doesn't like to get his feet in the dirt. He likes to have his shoes and socks on."
Powerful video thank you for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member