AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused as the news says Sebastian left the house between midnight and 6 a.m. If that's the case, how would the parents know what he was wearing? Unless he always slept in the clothes they said he had on, a black sweatshirt and black pants?
Although it’s fairly standard procedure to ask parents to look for missing items to try and sort out what a child may have been wearing when they were taken or absconded on their own, I gotta say: I only have one child and I would be pretty hard-pressed to figure out precisely what said child was or wasn’t wearing if they should ever go missing. Most of their T-shirts are branded with favorite IPs; I have a good visual memory of those and could probably figure out which one was missing if you laid them all out in front of me, but it would still take a while.

If my kid left in a more generic shirt without a distinctive graphic on it, I don’t know that I’d be able to tell you which one it was. Similarly, my kid’s got a lot of shoes laying around, and unless they left in their very favorite pair, it would take a while to figure out which ones they were wearing. But that would probably be doable.

Pants though? No way would I be able to tell you which ones. Or even what color. I’ve got a semi-photographic memory and I would be really hard-pressed to figure out what specifically my child might be wearing just from searching for missing things if he were to go missing in the middle of the night.

(My kid is autistic and I swear I’m going to go make a thorough inventory of every single item of clothing in their room. ‘Course we also have cameras on every door of our house, but I digress.)

All of this to say: unless SR wore the same thing to bed every night and the parents know it was missing from the house. I don’t understand how they could be so sure of what he was wearing, if it was generic. It’s also plausible that SR was the type of kid who wore close to the same thing all the time, Steve Jobs style, but that’s not the impression I’ve gotten from the available photographs.

MOO, etc.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused as the news says Sebastian left the house between midnight and 6 a.m. If that's the case, how would the parents know what he was wearing? Unless he always slept in the clothes they said he had on, a black sweatshirt and black pants?
When my teen comes home from school he sometimes changes into pjs and he stays in them until morning. Other times he sleeps in his sweats he wore all day. But I doubt I would remember what he was wearing

I agree that someone who seriously wanted to lure the child out would not come to the house in the dead of night. Too risky. They’d be far more likely to ask him to meet them after school or somewhere that would seem normal. Tell him they’d take a little ride or go for a short outing. When his guard was down, they’d speed off with him.

Unless of course this dressing in all black was the plan. How did his parents know he was dressed in all black and carrying a flashlight? Very peculiar.
I believe I read or saw mom say that he went to bed in that outfit and a cartoon shirt. I tend to think it is really odd that there were people outside the house with flashlights in the middle of the night. My inclination is that this is connected to his disappearance.

I believe I read or saw mom say that he went to bed in that outfit and a cartoon shirt. I tend to think it is really odd that there were people outside the house with flashlights in the middle of the night. My inclination is that this is connected to his disappearance.
If so, I hope law enforcement can find out their identities quickly. This boy has been missing for too long now.

We do caution that some surveillance video being shared in the public may have been misinterpreted or misidentified, or not shown in its entirety. It has been determined that it does not hold any evidentiary significance to the investigation.

We do caution that some surveillance video being shared in the public may have been misinterpreted or misidentified, or not shown in its entirety. It has been determined that it does not hold any evidentiary significance to the investigation.

Related to surveillance footage in general, they say: “To date, nothing gathered from these video systems has been determined to be significant.”
Related to footage floating around in the public they say: “It has been determined that it does not hold any evidentiary significance to the investigation.”
I believe both of those statements apply to the flashlight video. Does that mean the footage is not related? Or does it mean they just can’t make heads or tails of it?

Related to surveillance footage in general, they say: “To date, nothing gathered from these video systems has been determined to be significant.”
Related to footage floating around in the public they say: “It has been determined that it does not hold any evidentiary significance to the investigation.”
I believe both of those statements apply to the flashlight video. Does that mean the footage is not related? Or does it mean they just can’t make heads or tails of it?
It sounds like after investigating, they don’t believe it is connected to his disappearance.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
At this is stage in the investigation, there is no evidence that criminal activity is involved. There is also no evidence that criminal activity is not involved. So until information develops that directs it one way or the other, all options are being considered and pursued," Niland said.

TBI agents and intelligence analysts are pursuing leads in the case after receiving more than 100 tips about Sebastian, Niland said, adding that none of them have been credible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but how can they say that people outside his house with flashlights around the time he vanished, isn't evidentiary significant? Makes no sense to me. Who are these people? Is it they just can't identify who they are so they are excluding them? Something sounds strange.

I'm sorry, but how can they say that people outside his house with flashlights around the time he vanished, isn't evidentiary significant? Makes no sense to me. Who are these people? Is it they just can't identify who they are so they are excluding them? Something sounds strange.
The only thing I can think of is that they’ve interviewed and cleared the people. Or, conversely, they are suspects but law enforcement is not saying so yet because they don’t want to tip them off.

Law enforcement are allowed to mislead or withhold information from media and public if they believe it’s in the interest of the investigation to do so.

The only thing I can think of is that they’ve interviewed and cleared the people. Or, conversely, they are suspects but law enforcement is not saying so yet because they don’t want to tip them off.

Law enforcement are allowed to mislead or withhold information from media and public if they believe it’s in the interest of the investigation to do so.
I agree with your comment. Maybe LE knows more but doesn't want to release it yet.

That’s how I took it as well, that they’ve identified the flashlight people and know it was nothing nefarious. MOO

Maybe LE isn’t saying everything they know, but there are other possibilities.
Maybe 2 people walking a dog. I see them all the time with flashlights walking after dark. They may have even come forward after the video became public and said, “Hey, that was us.”
Maybe after enhancing the footage, LE was able to see these people return to their home or leave the vicinity without any interaction with Sebastian.
Maybe, Sebastian saw or heard these people with flashlights in the area from his window and went outside to see what was up and wandered off from there.
The thing is, we just don’t know at this point, but in way more cases than not, LE knows much more than they are telling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico