TN - Barbara Danley (Lehman) Johnson, 50, murdered, I-75, McMinn County, Nov 1996 *arrest 2022*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Elli Amma

Reaction score
I was contacted late last night by a friend who sent me this article, it is her brother. She believes that this was probably not his first murder nor his last. She has not had any contact with him for decades because she stated he was pure evil with no remorse. He was a truck driver between Illinois and Florida during this time period. She has alerted Tennessee authorities of her concerns. Man charged in 1996 McMinn County murder. I am posting here because he may be the answer to other cold cases.

WOWF Crossville, Tn
https://1025wowcountry.com/2022/02/04/illinois-man-charged-in-cold-case-homicide-from-1996/

"TBI Press Release:

An Illinois man has been indicted and charged in a cold case homicide that occurred in McMinn County, Tennessee more than 25 years ago, following an ongoing investigation and the re-testing of evidence.

In November 1996, TBI special agents joined deputies with the McMinn County Sheriff’s Office in investigating the discovery of a female body, off the ramp of Interstate 75 in McMinn County. An autopsy identified the victim as 50-year-old Barbara Danley (Lehman) Johnson (DOB 10/28/1946), and it was determined she died as the result of a homicide. In August 2021, agents re-submitted evidence from the case to the TBI crime lab in Nashville for re-examination. Based upon investigative efforts and the testing and results of the evidence, an arrest was made in Barbara Johnson’s murder."

Roseville man charged in 1996 cold case homicide

"Jackson is a registered sex offender in Illinois.

He was convicted of aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a child in McDonough County in 2009."

I was lurking just watching this thread as it unfolds until your post. Why aren't sex offenders monitored heavily? For that matter why isn't he still in prison? If he had raped someone in LE they would have buried him under the prison. For that matter why is it called molesting a child and when done to an adult it's rape? Our children need better protection with harsher punishments when a child is attacked.

Just my frustrated opinion.

I was lurking just watching this thread as it unfolds until your post. Why aren't sex offenders monitored heavily? For that matter why isn't he still in prison? If he had raped someone in LE they would have buried him under the prison. For that matter why is it called molesting a child and when done to an adult it's rape? Our children need better protection with harsher punishments when a child is attacked.

Just my frustrated opinion.
I completely understand your frustration with our system. It infuriates me that he is accused of murder(and quite clearly they used DNA to find him from the articles) and is a known sex offender(which is how they have his DNA). This is one huge reason for my post this man hurts other people, I do not truly see these being his only offenses. Barbara was left on a highway ramp, he is a truck driver I looked where she was located it was right on the way to his destination at the time she was found. It is obvious to me that he preys on defenseless victims, ones that can't fight back or are easily overpowered. So a coward, rapist, murderer and destroyer of lives. My hope is that this will at long last keep him in jail and give Barbara's family some peace and closure and any others hope that they too can have peace that he can no longer hurt anyone.

I
I completely understand your frustration with our system. It infuriates me that he is accused of murder(and quite clearly they used DNA to find him from the articles) and is a known sex offender(which is how they have his DNA). This is one huge reason for my post this man hurts other people, I do not truly see these being his only offenses. Barbara was left on a highway ramp, he is a truck driver I looked where she was located it was right on the way to his destination at the time she was found. It is obvious to me that he preys on defenseless victims, ones that can't fight back or are easily overpowered. So a coward, rapist, murderer and destroyer of lives. My hope is that this will at long last keep him in jail and give Barbara's family some peace and closure and any others hope that they too can have peace that he can no longer hurt anyone.

Wonder if we can track his movements somehow?

Just popping by to post this pic to keep it in mind for any other cold cases.
Cold case murder more than 25 years old reportedly solved | News | advocateanddemocrat.com

620047760dc16.image.jpg

Rodney E. Jackson
''On Jan. 18, the McMinn County Grand Jury returned an indictment, charging Rodney E. Jackson, 53, of Roseville, Illinois, with one count of first degree murder. Jackson was arrested by the Illinois State Police and extradited back to Tennessee, where he has been booked into the McMinn County Jail.''

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-8_12-14-19.png
    upload_2022-2-8_12-14-19.png
    73 bytes · Views: 6
Every time a cold case is solved with an arrest, I have to wonder how many older cold cases are also "solved" with the same arrest. I doubt most killers are one-time killers.

You're right. With this man, he was awful comfortable dumping her at an exit like a bag of trash. When this case got a positive hit from his DNA I wonder if all agencies are running it. Or has LE put all cases in one database? I am running in the assumption they don't always do that. LE agencies can get territorial when it comes to cases. I can very well be wrong and this is just my opinion

You're right. With this man, he was awful comfortable dumping her at an exit like a bag of trash. When this case got a positive hit from his DNA I wonder if all agencies are running it. Or has LE put all cases in one database? I am running in the assumption they don't always do that. LE agencies can get territorial when it comes to cases. I can very well be wrong and this is just my opinion
Every time a cold case is solved with an arrest, I have to wonder how many older cold cases are also "solved" with the same arrest. I doubt most killers are one-time killers.
Is there anyway to track unsolved murders from that area in Illinois (Roseville, McDonough County) into Florida near Major Highways?

I have known Rodney since 2002. I haven't spoken with him since he was convicted of sexual abuse. I truly believe that this is not his only murder. I hope they run his DNA with cold cases during the times he was an over the road truck driver. He has been all over the United States. I am positive they will find something. I am glad the family of Barbara can finally have some peace and may the judge show no mercy on him and he rots in jail.

Here is a link for unsolved homicides in IL just to use as an example.
Unsolved Crimes

RJ covered a lot of ground in all the years between then and now. It would be worth it start combing through cold cases to see if any of them match the MO from the previous crime.
Well just a quick run down and I already found women dumped by highways. He chooses weaker so most probably his victims are women, children and women who are easily overpowered if they get in his truck so possibly prostitutes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back