TN - Barbara Danley (Lehman) Johnson, 50, murdered, I-75, McMinn County, Nov 1996 *arrest 2022*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well just a quick run down and I already found women dumped by highways. He chooses weaker so most probably his victims are women, children and women who are easily overpowered if they get in his truck so possibly prostitutes.

That is what I was thinking. Killing those on the fringes of society makes it easier to hide. My question is how do we point these out to LE? Or should we see if more can be found?

Well just a quick run down and I already found women dumped by highways. He chooses weaker so most probably his victims are women, children and women who are easily overpowered if they get in his truck so possibly prostitutes.

That is what I was thinking. Killing those on the fringes of society makes it easier to hide. My question is how do we point these out to LE? Or should we see if more can be found?

Have to keep in mind he did prison time and doesn’t sound like he drive semi for all the years. So narrowing down time that he was incarcerated wld be helpful in possibly narrowing which cold cases might be linked to him.

Last edited:
I have a trip I have to make today, but will start trying to put a working timeline together. I am sure that LE is well aware of his record and probably have their own suspicions about other crimes. I say let's see if we can help them put this scum bag away for the rest of his miserable life!!

Sometimes they are one time killers, there are often several reasons for that , often murder is situational, as the situation around the offender changes, so may their needs, desires, or even their ability to offend

However there is one statistical correlation that stands out , and that is the propensity for sexual killers of children , who abduct their victims, to become serial offenders.

This doesn't necessarily mean they will primarily target children either, in a few cases, serial killers of children have become serial killers of adult victims

Sometimes they are one time killers, there are often several reasons for that , often murder is situational, as the situation around the offender changes, so may their needs, desires, or even their ability to offend

However there is one statistical correlation that stands out , and that is the propensity for sexual killers of children , who abduct their victims, to become serial offenders.

This doesn't necessarily mean they will primarily target children either, in a few cases, serial killers of children have become serial killers of adult victims
Absolutely, there is no proof that he is other than a one time child molester and one time indicted murderer except the people that were closer to him and knew him well saying that they believe there were more. From what I understand he always has abused the weaker people around him and never felt remorse of any kind.

Absolutely, there is no proof that he is other than a one time child molester and one time indicted murderer except the people that were closer to him and knew him well saying that they believe there were more. From what I understand he always has abused the weaker people around him and never felt remorse of any kind.

If we are to follow this particular pattern to murder, it sounds, like he was on a very horrific and repeatable path, that perhaps wasnt situational but preferential .

If those who knew him best feel he may have committed, other murders, though they could be wrong they usually arent far off the mark of possibility.

Whether or not he did remains to be seen, but hes proven capable, the underlying issues are certainly present .

Certain types of molesters, are situational abusive sociopathic types, the abuse of the child victim be it sexually, emotionally or physically is just a carry over of their already abusive lifestyle and hatred of social norms, with no compassion or remorse toward anyone or anything.

If you ask this type why they did what they did they would most likely answer "Why not" etc

The abuse continues, to halo around this individual depending on what mood they are in, they are usually extremely impulsive, unplanned, and unforgiving once they are in that realm.

The abuse can take many forms, physical, emotional, self harm, sexual or even homicidal

This type has a HIGH propensity to re-offend committing multiple crimes, that run the gamut from simple assault to drugs to arso, burglary, rape , murder etc...

So those around him saying its "possible" may not be far off

And unless hes wrongfully indicted, where a defamation suit can follow , they (those who are speaking out) are protected under their first amendment rights anyway.

So what do we actually know about this man? I don’t believe he’s just been hiding in this little town for the past twenty five years buying beer and cigarettes every day. Does he have a family what does he do for a living is he still driving a truck?

If we are to follow this particular pattern to murder, it sounds, like he was on a very horrific and repeatable path, that perhaps wasnt situational but preferential .

If those who knew him best feel he may have committed, other murders, though they could be wrong they usually arent far off the mark of possibility.

Whether or not he did remains to be seen, but hes proven capable, the underlying issues are certainly present .

Certain types of molesters, are situational abusive sociopathic types, the abuse of the child victim be it sexually, emotionally or physically is just a carry over of their already abusive lifestyle and hatred of social norms, with no compassion or remorse toward anyone or anything.

If you ask this type why they did what they did they would most likely answer "Why not" etc

The abuse continues, to halo around this individual depending on what mood they are in, they are usually extremely impulsive, unplanned, and unforgiving once they are in that realm.

The abuse can take many forms, physical, emotional, self harm, sexual or even homicidal

This type has a HIGH propensity to re-offend committing multiple crimes, that run the gamut from simple assault to drugs to arso, burglary, rape , murder etc...

So those around him saying its "possible" may not be far off

And unless hes wrongfully indicted, where a defamation suit can follow , they (those who are speaking out) are protected under their first amendment rights anyway.
From what I have heard, you have hit the nail on the head with the abusive sociopathic type. So how would people close to him covering up, denying or making excuses for him in his earlier years and beyond affect his sociopathic behavior?

From what I have heard, you have hit the nail on the head with the abusive sociopathic type. So how would people close to him covering up, denying or making excuses for him in his earlier years and beyond affect his sociopathic behavior?

Depends on the individual, but it would most likely embolden them, covering it up only allows them to continue their behavior , that's usually until something tragic happens ,

Often with these types those around them not only know they're, dangerous , but they also will sometimes remark they werent surprised, and even expected something to happen, as theyre usually in and out of jail throughout their lives with little to no effect.

You have to understand consequences matter little to these types, prison is just an inconvenience , in many cases, its a finishing school for a burgeoning criminal career, its also a place to network with other fine upstanding members of society, and further develop their craft.

As they are usually blameless, and immune from accountability, they usually blame those who sent him there, they system, the victim(s) their friends and families, and they are often the targets of revenge , which instills fear in some.

While in prison they're frequently receiving disciplinary actions

They'll often and usually relatively quickly , violate whatever custody status they are on(probation/parole) repeatedly.

And these issues are often apparent from childhood to adulthood , usually growing worse over their development .

So its not like they arent aware this is a Nobel prize candidate , however they reasons WHY the families attack those who speak against a relatives who've committed a horrible crimes is another story

Ive spoken on that topic before as well

Depends on the individual, but it would most likely embolden them, covering it up only allows them to continue their behavior , that's usually until something tragic happens ,

Often with these types those around them not only know they're, dangerous , but they also will sometimes remark they werent surprised, and even expected something to happen, as theyre usually in and out of jail throughout their lives with little to no effect.

You have to understand consequences matter little to these types, prison is just an inconvenience , in many cases, its a finishing school for a burgeoning criminal career, its also a place to network with other fine upstanding members of society, and further develop their craft.

As they are usually blameless, and immune from accountability, they usually blame those who sent him there, they system, the victim(s) their friends and families, and they are often the targets of revenge , which instills fear in some.

While in prison they're frequently receiving disciplinary actions

They'll often and usually relatively quickly , violate whatever custody status they are on(probation/parole) repeatedly.

And these issues are often apparent from childhood to adulthood , usually growing worse over their development .

So its not like they arent aware this is a Nobel prize candidate , however they reasons WHY the families attack those who speak against a relatives who've committed a horrible crimes is another story

Ive spoken on that topic before as well
Incredibly accurate from what I have been told, in fact eerily so. Could you direct me to that topic, I am fascinated with the family's viewpoint on this subject. And again your insight is absolutely amazing.

Incredibly accurate from what I have been told, in fact eerily so. Could you direct me to that topic, I am fascinated with the family's viewpoint on this subject. And again your insight is absolutely amazing.

Id have to dig back through old posts, ill just give the cliff notes version

Why do family members protect a relative whos been convicted of a a horrific crime ?

I stood there watching Carrie come out of the court house she walked with a cane, with her younger son, as she exited the courthouse after her oldest child was just found guilty of abducting raping then bludgeoning a college student to death and left her body strewn among trash in a vacant lot , he was was later convicted of another abduction murder of another woman.

Carrie and another of her children, her youngest son then proceeded to come out and start assaulting reporters who were only there to ask questions, she was spitting , and swinging her cane at people just standing there while her son, began swinging at anyone who got within arms reach, how the both of them weren't arrested on the spot till this day amazes, me,

Years later when the full breadth of her sons crimes, were revealed , her son, who was already a convicted murderer out of Nevada , who was on parole when he became a serial killer, a reporter tried to interview her for a segment , upon opening the door, she began spitting on the news crew throwing things at them and slammed the door in their face

What did her son do ?

Well while he was out on parole for second degree murder, he absconded from Nevada to PA , while there he decided, he was going to take whatever he wanted from anyone, including sex.

His MO wasnt sophisticated, as neither is he, he would ram a car (usually stolen) into a unsuspecting females, car, when they got out to look at the damage, he would beat them unconscious with a crowbar, he would then abduct the women to a remote area where he would rape and sodomize them before beating them to death and leaving their bodies somewhere .

With his first victim, he hid the body, with the second he simply discarded her like trash among a trash strewn lot in North Philadelphia, we can already see the increasing callous indifference toward his victims.

In the case, he was convicted for, the victim was run over with another missing woman's car several times, to make sure she was dead .

He was matched to 2 murders through DNA, and a mountain of other evidence

Yet there apparently is at least one woman, who thinks everyone's just out to get her son ......

He remains on Death row in Pennsylvania

There are several reasons, usually its a deep rooted belief held that its "family above all else".

Now this can be due to struggles the family enured as a unit, it could be cultural such as how for example those of Italian decent are very family oriented, but there are many reasons why some circle the wagons around one of their own, even if said individual is responsible for some atrocity.

Each case is different, some are just private people and want nothing to do with the sudden notoriety they are receiving, the do so to protect their children, their reputation, some fear the criticisms that will be coming for them, some spend their whole lives getting to t point of balance and the actions of a relative they may not even like now thrust them out on a platter.

Remember this , Psychopaths are, for the most part , born, Sociopaths are for the most part, made .

When you see a individual who possesses Sociopath tendencies, you often have to look backward into their past, their family life etc...though a bad upbringing does not pre-dispose one to becoming a violent offender, When that individual does something horrible and the family defends that individual you usually dont have to look very far to see where that came from .

Im not saying this is the case, with this particular family, im just explaining how dynamics, and attitudes shape certain individuals .

"Maam your son just confessed to over 30 murders "
(exhales).."Hmmm......Well...Ok so who wants pie?"...Elanor Cowell (Mother of Ted Bundy)

Some people believe in family above all else, no matter what, some cases, as with Carrie above , you see the roots of it, in some cases, they feel like they are protectinfg their childs odd behavior , in some cases, they are ignorant of what they are really looking at , and we as family units, do our best to normalize any, as I refer to it as "ripple in the water"

"We never made anything of it, we thought he was just going to grow up and get into science, and thats why he liked bones, we didnt know what we were looking at etc".. Lionel Dahmer on his son Jeffrey

Even post offense we see famlies often try to explain away tragedies, or use verbiage to soften the real horror that their loved one was responsible for

“I try to be as honest about that as I could. I didn't want to make it graphic, but I wanted to make it honest,Because, you know, from a mother's perspective, of course, there is a tendency to want to soften all the horrible things that he did.”...Sue Kliebold (Mother of Columbine shooter Dylan Kliebold)

So though there are legitimate reasons some do this there are also those who despise any blemish on them or their family name, and in some cases, they react unexpectedly and even violently in the face of any attention

We as a species, tend to want to hunt the wolf, we want to roast him in effigy, but we also need to consider the wolf has a family, who may be in shock, or may not be in shock.

Some will throw that individual right into the jaws of LE, others may hide even the most savage secrets.

Last edited:
I have reread your answer over and over again. The first time my mind was "Well Carrie and her family are whackjobs" and "Pie? What in the heck is wrong with you?"

The second time "Whoosh" the sound of my mind being opened up.

How horribly cornered and angry Carrie must have felt, something almost animalistic in her behavior "flight or fight" she clearly chose fight. My heart actually breaks for her. The trauma in life that she has experienced has not been kind. While no excuse for her behavior I just can't imagine ever being in that state of mind.

Then Elanor, a complete 180, she chose flight, she turned inward and tried to make things as normal as possible "ignore it and it will go away" A shutdown of her emotions and no coping skills. I truly hope she received therapy at some point although that seems unlikely.

I understand Sue more so than the others, she is trying to fit "it" into what her mind can deal with. I think it's human nature to try and soften your child's actions although in her case probably not. I would like to see what she has to say 10-15 years from now.

The most important thing is I think this, these murderers, rapist and sexual predators have families who are also victims, no one knows what trauma they inflicted on them. We do not understand what the family is experiencing unless you have experienced for yourself the shame and horror of knowing someone you at some point called family or share DNA with is a monster.

The actual devastation of the victims and their families, in this case over 25 years of her family not having justice. He victimized a child for life and all who touch that child's life forever.

What one person can inflict on a multitude of people with their actions physically, emotionally and mentally is very disturbing for me. I want to hunt the wolf, burn and bury him so that people I love will feel safe. But I will now try to do it more mindfully.

Id have to dig back through old posts, ill just give the cliff notes version

Why do family members protect a relative whos been convicted of a a horrific crime ?

I stood there watching Carrie come out of the court house she walked with a cane, with her younger son, as she exited the courthouse after her oldest child was just found guilty of abducting raping then bludgeoning a college student to death and left her body strewn among trash in a vacant lot , he was was later convicted of another abduction murder of another woman.

Carrie and another of her children, her youngest son then proceeded to come out and start assaulting reporters who were only there to ask questions, she was spitting , and swinging her cane at people just standing there while her son, began swinging at anyone who got within arms reach, how the both of them weren't arrested on the spot till this day amazes, me,

Years later when the full breadth of her sons crimes, were revealed , her son, who was already a convicted murderer out of Nevada , who was on parole when he became a serial killer, a reporter tried to interview her for a segment , upon opening the door, she began spitting on the news crew throwing things at them and slammed the door in their face

What did her son do ?

Well while he was out on parole for second degree murder, he absconded from Nevada to PA , while there he decided, he was going to take whatever he wanted from anyone, including sex.

His MO wasnt sophisticated, as neither is he, he would ram a car (usually stolen) into a unsuspecting females, car, when they got out to look at the damage, he would beat them unconscious with a crowbar, he would then abduct the women to a remote area where he would rape and sodomize them before beating them to death and leaving their bodies somewhere .

With his first victim, he hid the body, with the second he simply discarded her like trash among a trash strewn lot in North Philadelphia, we can already see the increasing callous indifference toward his victims.

In the case, he was convicted for, the victim was run over with another missing woman's car several times, to make sure she was dead .

He was matched to 2 murders through DNA, and a mountain of other evidence

Yet there apparently is at least one woman, who thinks everyone's just out to get her son ......

He remains on Death row in Pennsylvania

There are several reasons, usually its a deep rooted belief held that its "family above all else".

Now this can be due to struggles the family enured as a unit, it could be cultural such as how for example those of Italian decent are very family oriented, but there are many reasons why some circle the wagons around one of their own, even if said individual is responsible for some atrocity.

Each case is different, some are just private people and want nothing to do with the sudden notoriety they are receiving, the do so to protect their children, their reputation, some fear the criticisms that will be coming for them, some spend their whole lives getting to t point of balance and the actions of a relative they may not even like now thrust them out on a platter.

Remember this , Psychopaths are, for the most part , born, Sociopaths are for the most part, made .

When you see a individual who possesses Sociopath tendencies, you often have to look backward into their past, their family life etc...though a bad upbringing does not pre-dispose one to becoming a violent offender, When that individual does something horrible and the family defends that individual you usually dont have to look very far to see where that came from .

Im not saying this is the case, with this particular family, im just explaining how dynamics, and attitudes shape certain individuals .

"Maam your son just confessed to over 30 murders "
(exhales).."Hmmm......Well...Ok so who wants pie?"...Elanor Cowell (Mother of Ted Bundy)

Some people believe in family above all else, no matter what, some cases, as with Carrie above , you see the roots of it, in some cases, they feel like they are protectinfg their childs odd behavior , in some cases, they are ignorant of what they are really looking at , and we as family units, do our best to normalize any, as I refer to it as "ripple in the water"

"We never made anything of it, we thought he was just going to grow up and get into science, and thats why he liked bones, we didnt know what we were looking at etc".. Lionel Dahmer on his son Jeffrey

Even post offense we see famlies often try to explain away tragedies, or use verbiage to soften the real horror that their loved one was responsible for

“I try to be as honest about that as I could. I didn't want to make it graphic, but I wanted to make it honest,Because, you know, from a mother's perspective, of course, there is a tendency to want to soften all the horrible things that he did.”...Sue Kliebold (Mother of Columbine shooter Dylan Kliebold)

So though there are legitimate reasons some do this there are also those who despise any blemish on them or their family name, and in some cases, they react unexpectedly and even violently in the face of any attention

We as a species, tend to want to hunt the wolf, we want to roast him in effigy, but we also need to consider the wolf has a family, who may be in shock, or may not be in shock.

Some will throw that individual right into the jaws of LE, others may hide even the most savage secrets.

Yeah, Bomar's family was a classy bunch.

RIP Aimee Willard.

I have reread your answer over and over again. The first time my mind was "Well Carrie and her family are whackjobs" and "Pie? What in the heck is wrong with you?"

The second time "Whoosh" the sound of my mind being opened up.

How horribly cornered and angry Carrie must have felt, something almost animalistic in her behavior "flight or fight" she clearly chose fight. My heart actually breaks for her. The trauma in life that she has experienced has not been kind. While no excuse for her behavior I just can't imagine ever being in that state of mind.

Then Elanor, a complete 180, she chose flight, she turned inward and tried to make things as normal as possible "ignore it and it will go away" A shutdown of her emotions and no coping skills. I truly hope she received therapy at some point although that seems unlikely.

I understand Sue more so than the others, she is trying to fit "it" into what her mind can deal with. I think it's human nature to try and soften your child's actions although in her case probably not. I would like to see what she has to say 10-15 years from now.

The most important thing is I think this, these murderers, rapist and sexual predators have families who are also victims, no one knows what trauma they inflicted on them. We do not understand what the family is experiencing unless you have experienced for yourself the shame and horror of knowing someone you at some point called family or share DNA with is a monster.

The actual devastation of the victims and their families, in this case over 25 years of her family not having justice. He victimized a child for life and all who touch that child's life forever.

What one person can inflict on a multitude of people with their actions physically, emotionally and mentally is very disturbing for me. I want to hunt the wolf, burn and bury him so that people I love will feel safe. But I will now try to do it more mindfully.

Carrie wasnt cornered, she just showed where the anger and violence comes from , years later they attempted to interview her again, and she was aggressive toward the reporters,
i use her in discussion often, when people ask how someone could hide a loved ones, crimes, no matter how heinous

Exhibit A: Carrie

There's NO WAY, that woman would turn in her child, and those types exist in all different varieties

How for example can you help your son escape the law when you know he killed his girlfriend and left her out in the woods? ... ask the Laundrie family.

People will protect the rep, and image of family at all costs, sometimes its BECAUSE of a certain individual and their repeated acts, sometimes, its because they really feel the person is innocent (usually despite mountains of overwhelming evidence), sometimes, its to protect their little sector withing a larger family and avoid ridicule, and sometimes, sometimes it to avoid personal ridicule, sometimes they just don't want to deal , and sometimes its just because they want to give the finger to the world.

Wondering if sometimes a killer's mother such as C.Bomar, receives vicarious pleasure from her son's crimes, especially if she perceives the victim to be superior (better looking, smarter, normal etc) to her and her family?
speculation, imo.

Wondering if sometimes a killer's mother such as C.Bomar, receives vicarious pleasure from her son's crimes, especially if she perceives the victim to be superior (better looking, smarter, normal etc) to her and her family?
speculation, imo.

Its been my experience that they come in 2 varieties, ...Those who cant deal with the tragedy, and those who blame everyone but the one responsible for it .

Ive never encountered (not saying it doesnt exist) those who take pleasure in their childs horrific crime

There is however a sexual fetish that exists known as Hybristophilia, which is the sexual attraction to the violent acts of another. Ive seen "groupies" if you will flock to prisons, to meet their new crush and in some cases, become romantically involved with some offender serving life or facing death, thats not the only reason they do, but it does exist

Ive never seen that from parent to child however

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back