TN TN - Bethany Markowski, 11, Jackson, 4 March 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's possible, but I think it's far more likely that the father murdered Bethany and that the girl spotted with that woman was just a lookalike.
I hadn't thought about that angle. Maybe a red herring-type distraction to throw people off?

Why :tears:Rhetorical question, but why do people do these things to their own children :(
I can't figure that out either. I guess some people have kids to use as commodities? The worst people in the world use kids and then dispose of them like common trash.

We see the mother still searching for her daughter but where is the father in all this? Is he still searching? Even cleared was he frantic?
What's up with that guy? What's he been doing all these years? I just don't have a good feeling about him the longer this case goes on. Maybe his "Dad" brain never developed or he's a covert narcissist? (My Mom said my Dad's parenting ability was weak at best.) Now that I have a Son of my own, I have to take care of him and do better than my Dad did. I think most people want better for their kids than what they went through. Surely there are some media interviews this guy has been forced to do at some point? He should at least have to take a lie detector test or something! Going to search for more info.
The mystery of Bethany Markowski's whereabouts has endured for 20 years.

It starts with the day she was reported missing on March 4, 2001. Her father — separated from Bethany's mother, Jonnie Carter, during a contentious divorce proceeding — told authorities he'd watched the 11-year-old go into Old Hickory Mall in Jackson, Tenn., while he stayed in a car and napped. When she hadn't returned after about two hours, he said he went looking for her, and couldn't find her.

But authorities turned up no proof that Bethany entered, exited or was seen inside the mall, Cathy Ferguson, a special agent with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, tells PEOPLE. Instead they believe she was last seen with her father the day before on a visit to friends of his in Little Rock, Ark., more than 200 miles away.

The father "is not a named suspect," says Ferguson. But "he's not been very cooperative, and he has not participated in the investigation at all."

Tenn. Girl Vanished in 2001 — and Mom Hopes to Reunite with Daughter 'Gone Longer than I Had Her'
That's what I needed to know right there. He KNOWS where she's at or he abandoned her with friends/relatives, etc., I can feel it! Were they even close at all? I would love to understand how this guy's brain works. Did he actually love his daughter or was she a nuisance he endured? If that's the case, he took the daughter to make his ex-wife suffer! I do think she's alive but may be living off the grid or another border state. Worst case scenario is she's a D.O.E. at this point or doesn't know who or where she belongs. How about those friends he went to see in Little Rock? Would love to know their names!

**BUMPING** for Bethany in July 2024. Going to NAMUS next to see if there's any profiles that could match Bethany, or similar cases. Human trafficking is the silent epidemic in American and around the world. There's over 100,000 people missing in the U.S. at any one time. She could be literally anywhere. I hope she is alive and well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inthesun123
Back