Found Deceased TN - Blake Smith, 20, Knoxville, 3 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there are lots of puzzling details.

-When he first went missing, I thought it was possible he had not event gone to the park where the photo was taken...perhaps just his phone had. I still would like to know if there is a witness to that. The park does not seem to be particularly prominent as a hook-up location although I did find it listed on a registry of LGBT places to go.

-I wish we had a photo of the car wreck at the house construction site to get a better picture of what went down. Was it intended for the car to enter the lake?with/without a driver? Or just smash into a wall at high velocity? Was the phone plugged in? I know the “find my phone” feature on smart phones indicates whether the phone is charging...A charging phone is one way to assuage parents that may be monitoring activity.

-SM: I can only find a Facebook for BS. Has anybody had success with any others?

Not saying what sexual orientation he may or may not be, but, I thought he may have met someone on SM, and, naively, didn't use proper precaution in meeting them in a public space, with a friend in tow, etc... and something went really wrong. There's some precaution that should be used when meeting folks you've only known via internet.

His father said he liked to hike and suspected that's what he may have been there for. I have no idea if that surrounding area would be a good place for this, although hikers tend to just enjoy being in nature as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've been to that park many times - not much hiking being done there.

The official FB page announced he is deceased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if when he was reading to the inmates in the jails if he had not met someone who subsequently got out. Being trusting agreed to meet them at the park afterward, and something went wrong.

JMO

My thoughts on this case have been, from the beginning, how much the initial discussion resembles the initial discussion in the Blaze Bernstein case. Initially, many posts were about what could have led this young man to run off and commit suicide, discussing the pressures of college, or the pressures of being LGBT. I see the same thing happening here. Our minds automatically think the most obvious reason for a young college-age man to go missing is due to pressures and potential suicide. (Our minds often go in the opposite direction when a young woman goes missing.)

I have no idea what happened, but because of Blaze's case being so fresh in my mind, I am suspecting foul play. Although the weird situation with the car, the cinder block, the single shoe, hat, and chain being left behind all add to my suspicions.

I felt right from the start that Blaze was murdered by his "friend driver". I wasn't sure if the mutual friend that turned out to be non-existent was involved.

I do think Blake was murdered. Maybe he saw something illegal going on while hiking and someone decided to kill him to silence him?

There's just too many strange details about this to be a suicide- in my opinion.

You sound like you went to the same college my daughter attends now. She goes to convocation on Wednesdays.
I'm not sure if they still have convocation at my alma mater because they broke with the TBC eventually, paying them off in millions to finally shed them.

Perhaps it's an error in reporting but media said the lake was over 7 miles from where the car was found. Link here: https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...-student-family-suspects-foul-play/306318002/

They meant for his vehicle to go into the lake, but it didn't. They picked him up, hurriedly, dropping the items while moving him to another vehicle, probably didn't even notice, then put the body in the lake at another location, hoping it would be harder to find (or never found). Just thinking. If he were trying to commit suicide put the auto cruise on 100 and plow into the lake or the building. I just find it difficult to grasp that he committed suicide with his very strict upbringing.

I felt right from the start that Blaze was murdered by his "friend driver". I wasn't sure if the mutual friend that turned out to be non-existent was involved.

I do think Blake was murdered. Maybe he saw something illegal going on while hiking and someone decided to kill him to silence him?

There's just too many strange details about this to be a suicide- in my opinion.
Agreed.

It's either the most bizarre attempt to cover up a suicide, or...

It was a homicide committed by inexperienced individuals, which could actually point to someone from the same college as him.

According to this Alabama reporter, Blake was one of only 10 people in his high school graduating class. Very small school. This, among other things, leads me to believe he had been very sheltered.

https://twitter.com/DanWVTM13/status/960606546236510208

He want to a Christian Academy based out of their home church, or A Church, I believe. Scroll up on that Twitter and it gives the name. He's been super sheltered, I do believe.

"The side mirrors had been "knocked off," there were dents in a door, and one door was "bent back," the father said."

Sounds like a lot of effort went into this. But why? Why knock off the mirrors and mess up the vehicle? If this was a carjacking, why not just leave the car as it was? If it was a suicide it's even more strange. This is the part that's so puzzling to me.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...-student-family-suspects-foul-play/306318002/

They meant for his vehicle to go into the lake, but it didn't. They picked him up, hurriedly, dropping the items while moving him to another vehicle, probably didn't even notice, then put the body in the lake at another location, hoping it would be harder to find (or never found). Just thinking. If he were trying to commit suicide put the auto cruise on 100 and plow into the lake or the building. I just find it difficult to grasp that he committed suicide with his very strict upbringing.

I think it was his very strict upbringing that made him make it look like foul play. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO it seems someone was trying to stage the car going into the lake with items belonging to Blake scattered about. That person screwed up and put the car in reverse. I hope they look for DNA on the damaged door. Blake was killed elsewhere before the staged car accident. Blake putting a block on the peddle of his own car is ridiculous, imho.

I agree with this. After the vehicle was found and examined by LE, they said that they believed the vehicle had been stolen. I believe Blake may have been killed and then moved to the location he was found. Who ever moved him may have staged the vehicle.

"The side mirrors had been "knocked off," there were dents in a door, and one door was "bent back," the father said."

Sounds like a lot of effort went into this. But why? Why knock off the mirrors and mess up the vehicle? If this was a carjacking, why not just leave the car as it was? If it was a suicide it's even more strange. This is the part that's so puzzling to me.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...-student-family-suspects-foul-play/306318002/

It looks like, on the map, that this is an area that is having new construction. Possible the first try to get the vehicle into the water didn't work? Damaged the vehicle but still able to drive it. Tried again, and no go, so they just left it there, and moved the body. Someone was familiar with that location.

I seem to recall that after carjackers are finished using the stolen car for whatever reason they will smash it up. I don't know how common that is but I recall it happening pretty frequently when car jacking first became a thing. Someone's car would be stolen and when it was later recovered it was smashed all to hell.

I see that the announcement has been made that the body found was indeed Blake. RIP Blake. Prayers for his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298