Found Safe TN - Bryan Metelski, 21, from IL, dropped off at an abandoned Greyhound bus station, no phone or money, Knoxville, 19 Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — East Tennessee Valley Crime Stoppers is asking for any information on an Illinois man after he went missing near the abandoned Greyhound station on Magnolia.

ETVCS said 21-year-old Bryan Metelski was picked up in Illinois by an outreach program that operates in Kodak, Tennessee on April 16. After three days, Metelski reportedly wanted to leave the program.

ETVCS said the outreach program dropped Metelski off at the Greyhound station at Magnolia, unaware that the station had closed permanently the day before.

Metelski reportedly suffers from mental health concerns, has no phone or money and is unfamiliar with the Knoxville area.

Anyone with information about him should reach out to the East Tennessee Valley Crime Stoppers. People can submit tips online or by calling 865-215-7165.

d47e85c0-d35d-499a-8122-4281cf9f673b_750x422.jpg

Missing for a long time, where could Bryan be?

This is odd.

In a Facebook post published by the Kewanee Police Department on May 25, authorities asked for help in the search for 21-year-old Bryan Metelski.

Metelski was last seen on April 10 in Darien, IL, and his car was later found in Kewanee.

I'm guessing this is the outreach organization: Life Changers Outreach | TENNESSEE

Seems like a Christian rehab facility. I think it's a little odd that they picked Bryan up in the Chicago suburbs when they're Tennessee based. It's not based on anything, but I get a little bit of a hinky vibe from the org.

Edit: Here's a case filed in West Virginia where a young man in a LifeChangers Outreach rehab program was invited to do drugs with his "licensed minister", ODed, wasn't given medical care, and died. Jenkins et al v. Life Changers Outreach et al, No. 2:2019cv00740 - Document 26 (S.D.W. Va. 2019)

Last edited:
How was Bryan supposed to get home anyway if he had no money (let's assume that the Greyhound bus station was operating)? This doesn't make much sense. When was he reported missing?

According to Illinois Missing Persons:

He is non-medicated bipolar. Packed his vehicle with his most adored possessions, left his cell phone behind as not to be tracked. Had recently returned from a road trip that ended up in a psych eval/admit in Lower Manhattan and another in Ohio en route back to Illinois.

Upon his return, he had an extended stay hotel reserved/paid for by family for the first week. He was offered a debit card so he could have fluid funds for food and incidentals of which he refused. He checked in April 16th and checked out later that night.

On April 28th his vehicle had been towed from Farm King after several days having been abandoned with possessions in vehicle, including his bicycle.

I've heard of, um, communities having difficulties with Life Changers in other locations. No link, personal conversation.

No direct experience, BTW.

Apparently Life Changers offers faith-based addiction treatment, and will transport people who wish to enter their program a long way.

People entering the program have many rules to follow. This includes no contact with friends/family and no cell phones -- those are turned in to organizers, and held until program completion.

If a rule is violated, the person is out of the program & is dropped off at the nearest bus station. Apparently one infraction is sufficient.

No cell phone, no money -- rather trapped at that bus station even when that station is operating.

Again, no direct experience but I am not surprised to learn about this.

I do beleive in the strength of faith-based programs and would love to be wrong on this!

jmho ymmv lrr

I don't believe anything Lifechangers or any megachurch cult says about him being dropped off. If you research the outreach program specifically, there are several accounts of it being a nightmare experience. Bryan was clearly vulnerable.

Here is their website for the church which is based in Chicago Life Changers Church | Chicago, IL

They also happen to have a location in Fairfield, OH. What was the original purpose of Bryan's road trip?

Last edited:
So now I'm confused. The poster says he was last seen at Sokol Court in Darien. The only thing there is an extended stay america. Can someone figure out a REAL timeline here? Was he at the hotel? Or at the outreach?

Did the hotel previously have the contract & served as the bus station?

Is that a large park to the southeast?

Family friend worked at Argonne Nat'l Labs a while back.

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back