Found Deceased TN - Carolyn Marie Pope, 29, Hickman County, 11 Oct 2019 *car found chopped on blocks*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello everyone. I have visited these forums before in the past only as a guest but decided to sign up after reading of Carolyn Pope missing. About 11 months ago. Around November 17-18, 2018 Carolyn came to my home in Columbia for the weekend. We had met on a dating app and talked for a couple of weeks and we decided to meet. She drove to my home on Saturday and we had a great time eating and watching movies as we had discussed not doing anything fancy. We stayed up late and she ended up staying over for the night, going home the next day. She was very sweet and a little shy but we got along wonderfully. We had some good conversation and she told me about all of the tragedy she has endured. She told me her father had passed away I believe from suicide and she was the one who found him. Her daughter, just months before had lost most of her hand in a lawn mower accident. I remember thinking how strong this woman was and couldn't imagine what she had overcome. I believe she worked at Sonic at the time. Anyway, I was on Facebook tonight and saw a missing poster that someone had shared. I immediately recognized her and her name and for the last few hours have been trying to collect as much information as I can. I am so shocked to hear that this has happened and I dont feel good about it from what I've read so far. I've never had anything like this happen to someone I've met or known. I pray she is brought home safely.

HICKMAN COUNTY, Tenn. (WTVF) — Family and law enforcement are continuing to search for a Hickman County mother who vanished nearly two weeks ago. Carolyn Pope was last seen on or around October 11.

Friends and family are calling her disappearance suspicious because we're told her car and phone was found on the side of the road. The car was on blocks with parts of it chopped and her sim card was missing from the phone.

Her best friend, Brittanee Hayes, adds that the 29 year-old-mom has a daughter and she would never go this many days without trying to contact her. Friends tell NewsChannel 5 Pope was last seen here around Tidwell Lane and Lyles Road.

"That's what makes it I think uneasy and eerie there's just so many unanswered questions," said Hayes.

Hayes says Carolyn was active on social media. Her last post was October 10, the day before she disappeared.

Carolyn's 5-year-old daughter, Elly-Mae, is being taken care of by family.

Anyone with information was asked to call the Hickman Co. Sheriff's Department non-emergency line at 931-729-5146. TBI has confirmed receiving evidence to their lab regarding this case.

Search continues for missing Hickman County mom

HICKMAN COUNTY, Tenn. (WTVF) — Family and law enforcement are continuing to search for a Hickman County mother who vanished nearly two weeks ago. Carolyn Pope was last seen on or around October 11.

Friends and family are calling her disappearance suspicious because we're told her car and phone was found on the side of the road. The car was on blocks with parts of it chopped and her sim card was missing from the phone.

Her best friend, Brittanee Hayes, adds that the 29 year-old-mom has a daughter and she would never go this many days without trying to contact her. Friends tell NewsChannel 5 Pope was last seen here around Tidwell Lane and Lyles Road.

"That's what makes it I think uneasy and eerie there's just so many unanswered questions," said Hayes.

Hayes says Carolyn was active on social media. Her last post was October 10, the day before she disappeared.

Carolyn's 5-year-old daughter, Elly-Mae, is being taken care of by family.

Anyone with information was asked to call the Hickman Co. Sheriff's Department non-emergency line at 931-729-5146. TBI has confirmed receiving evidence to their lab regarding this case.

Search continues for missing Hickman County mom

This is SO not good. I wonder why police have not done a press conference. Wish this was getting more media coverage.

I am thinking the same way. Why haven't they held a press conference? I have been keeping a loose eye on a few of her friends' social media thinking maybe they would post links or maybe hear some things first. I find it a little strange that one of her best friends doesn't really seem very concerned just judging from recent posts. I know everyone deals in their own way and its completely subjective but I feel that it's possible that someone may know more than what they have been saying. I'm still holding hope for this young lady.

Last edited:
Maybe local LE and the TBI think she may be ok? I find it odd too. She didn't come from money and wasn't a blonde with rich parents so it's like the news doesn't really pick up on it much. I just have a feeling that someone knows more and maybe the agencies investigating know more than has been reported.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lybravyrgo
Back