TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only sporadically checked this link in the past, but am now trying to follow the trial pretty closely. Forgive me if this has been covered already - but do these crimes remind anyone else of the wichita massacre? Not just the black on white aspect, but just the horrific degradation prior to the murders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_Massacre

robinparten, I think when these murders first happened someone likened them to the Wichita Massacre.

Are they going to call Vanessa Coleman today? Did I hear this correctly?

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Witness - Cobbins and Coleman tad frosty to each other after slayings. Guess it was that rape he is admitting?

Nickname score sheet: Rome, Worm, Gutta aka Slim, Blue, Little Daddy, G and E

No worm fan with this juror, she gave him stare of disdain all way out door

Worm - oops I was wrong, no deal, just being good citizen now

By the way it was a .22 that killed Chris, both brothers said to have one, ballistics inconclusive

Judge decide in bit if gun testimony allowed, state wants show Cobbins had gun in knox, defense: that's too big leap

Defense Green says Cobbins in jail by then so onlu suggests Coleman had gun and wanted hide it

State also asking to put on witness who suggests Coleman stashed .22 gun earlier attributed to Cobbins

State to put Worm back on witness stand

"Worm's" attorney says he never appeared for fed grand jury, no deals either. Judge noted his testimony was diff

Daily hair update for Cobbins: braids, no pigtails or ponytail today. At least he's changing up

Why is judge pushing on witness deal? He says he sees trend where feds made deals so state could keep hands clean

Wernimont aka the worm's attorney here, guessing she's gonna tell us how she kept him from arrest as accessory

Did "the worm" get promises from feds? Judge demanding answer this a.m.
Day three in torture slaying trial. What awaits us today? More junkies? More legal brawling? Stay tuned.

ATF agent on the stand. I didn't catch his name. He's describing arrest of Cobbins and Coleman and Thomas.

ATF agent found Channon's pink high heel shoes in the back bedroom closet of the Chipman house.

Suzi, forgive me if I'm not getting the obvious but what's with your note? Why wouldn't the prosecutor be in the room while ATF agent testifies?

Suzi, forgive me if I'm not getting the obvious but what's with your note? Why wouldn't the prosecutor be in the room while ATF agent testifies?

That's actually the reporters note. I don't get that either. I guess she thinks it's overkill. I think it's standard especially in a high profile case.

Donnie Moses, Kentucky State Police on the stand.

Nevil Normin, Knox County Homicide detective is on the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd