TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they came back too fast you'd hear the screams of "Rush to Judgment!!!"

You'll hear them anyway, of course. Another day or two won't hurt the cause.

God forbid that happen twice in my lifetime to such an obviously guilty party.

I don't think it would have taken me all of three minutes to decide this freak is guilty. It would take me another thirty seconds to decide his punishment. Of course, my punishment probably would have those anti-DP people screaming for my head, but that too would pass.

I have been thinking about the phone call Channon made to her dad, apparently after she and Chris had been abducted. I know Gary feels Channon was not under any duress when she made that call, and I certainly respect where he is coming from, but I wonder if she was forced to make the call so that the kidnappers/rapists/murderers would know they had time with their victim and that nobody would even be looking for them? If they told Channon they would let her go or bring Chris back to be with her, or if they said they would kill Chris if she didn't make the call, I bet she could summon up the ability to sound fairly normal if she had to.

I think that call was made under duress, because her best friend had also called her several times that evening to find out why Channon wasn't at the party, and those calls went unanswered and were not returned. It would seem to me that Channon would have normally called her friend back if she had her phone out to call her dad.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/newsom_story.aspx?storyid=96922&catid=177

Although Judge Richard Baumgartner allows jurors to ask questions in writing, the Cobbins jury has been especially quiet.

Letalvis Cobbins is the first of four defendants to go to trial for the murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom.

Throughout the proof phase of Cobbins' trial, jurors did not ask one question of the dozens of witnesses called to the stand by the state.

More at link

I really wish (and I know hindsight is 20/20) that Channon had been able to think clearly enough when she talked to her dad to say something totally out of character. Something maybe like not to expect her home that she was spending the night with Chris. Anything that would have given him reason to think that things weren't okay.

The only way she made that call, if it was within the time that they were holding her and Chris, it was under duress. I still think that possibly up until the end both Chris and Channon thought that if they were compliant they would be released.

It's silly and childish, but I hope and pray that the angels came to take them way before the worst of what happened did. That even though their bodies were there, suffering, that their souls and their minds were at peace.

It's silly and childish, but I hope and pray that the angels came to take them way before the worst of what happened did. That even though their bodies were there, suffering, that their souls and their minds were at peace.

I don't think it's silly and childish at all, it is what I pray happened as well. That though their bodies were there, THEY weren't there or aware of what was happening to them. It's the only way I can think about it; I can't let my mind think they endured that, especially Channon over so many hours. This is a truly, truly sad case...

I, too, have been bothered by the phone call. I just don't see any of the monsters allowing her to use the phone. I don't think they were worried about people looking for Channon and Chris. Not to mention, I believe her phone was left in her 4 runner. That's how her vehicle was located.

Is it entirely impossible for that call to have happened before the abductions?

Was it ever established if they did or didn't make it out to eat that night?

I'm wondering if they did go out to eat or went somewhere else and came back to Channon's friend's apartment? Perhaps Chris was dropping Channon off to get her car. I'm perplexed by the fact that Chris was suppose to pick her up, so why was she in the driver's seat of her car and he outside of it? What if he was dropping her back off at her vehicle, so they both had their vehicles and she called her dad during that time? Thus, making the abduction around 12:30?

Is the timeline to tight for the abduction to have happened that late?

I, too, have been bothered by the phone call. I just don't see any of the monsters allowing her to use the phone. I don't think they were worried about people looking for Channon and Chris. Not to mention, I believe her phone was left in her 4 runner. That's how her vehicle was located.

I'm wondering if they did go out to eat or went somewhere else and came back to Channon's friend's apartment? Perhaps Chris was dropping Channon off to get her car. I'm perplexed by the fact that Chris was suppose to pick her up, so why was she in the driver's seat of her car and he outside of it? What if he was dropping her back off at her vehicle, so they both had their vehicles and she called her dad during that time? Thus, making the abduction around 12:30?

IIRC, they didn't make it out to eat, the ME said both stomachs were empty.

I was reading transcripts last night and the thing I can't get over is the ease with which these beasts lie. No one heard Channon scream in spite of the fact the ME said some of the bruising she had in some areas was from screaming? WTH? I can't imagine what kind of monster can just stay in that house, and "cook breakfast for their man" -- sausage, biscuits, egg, oatmeal -- knowing what is going on and hearing the anguished pain of that girl. It is for that reason that I don't care WHO had WHAT role in WHICH murders, they are all equally guilty and anything less than death for all of them is a failure of epic proportions. I know TF indicated they don't have any evidence to seek further charges against Boyd, but, geez, maybe the feds have someone on the inside (the prison system) that they can get to "whack him" while everyone looks the other way. Believe me, society will not lose anything if that creep is not allowed to draw another breath; in fact, the world only stands to gain from him not wasting anymore of our oxygen...

IIRC, they didn't make it out to eat, the ME said both stomachs were empty.

Yes, you are correct. What if they just decided to hang out at her friend's apartment to have some alone time? I know that she was upset about him being late to pick her up. So, maybe they decided to stay in and talk for a while?

I hope they definitely get a jury outside of Knox for Davidson. I have been trying to figure out why he is so adamant that his come from Knox. He is in a gang, remember? If jurors are from Knox, is it possible some of his "homies" can work to intimidate (or worse!) jurors friends and families? In spite of his insistence, I hope the JUDGE can overrule him and say that in light of the fact that TWO of the four trials will have already taken place in Knox, that there is NO WAY there are 12 people from the county haven't heard about it, especially with the trial being covered on local news. Why do you all think he is insisting on a Knox jury?

Wasn't it the testimony that at some point Davidson used Channon's cell phone to call around looking for Daphne? He was trying to call a mutual friend but was one digit off. Does anyone remember when/what time that was?

Wasn't it the testimony that at some point Davidson used Channon's cell phone to call around looking for Daphne? He was trying to call a mutual friend but was one digit off. Does anyone remember when/what time that was?

Thanks for the info. I did not know that. I'd like to know what time that was, as well.

Live feed is up and I hear voices. Kinda sounds like TK aka TF.

I hope they definitely get a jury outside of Knox for Davidson. I have been trying to figure out why he is so adamant that his come from Knox. He is in a gang, remember? If jurors are from Knox, is it possible some of his "homies" can work to intimidate (or worse!) jurors friends and families? In spite of his insistence, I hope the JUDGE can overrule him and say that in light of the fact that TWO of the four trials will have already taken place in Knox, that there is NO WAY there are 12 people from the county haven't heard about it, especially with the trial being covered on local news. Why do you all think he is insisting on a Knox jury?

I don't know why Davidson is so adamant about a Knox jury. But I am suspicious of his motive as well.

Kindra, good point about the time of Davidson's call to Daphne. I don't recall that a time was ever said....anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9