TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After he got out of prison, he went to Jackson... didn't go to Rudds' or to his sister's even though she tried...

He then came to live in Knoxville..

Price passes the witness

Am I the only one that's extremely irritated by this woman? She keeps looking towards Davidson and half smiling. I'm expecting her to go hug and kiss him on the cheek when she's finished with her testimony.

Also, she still has that stupid look on her face. Does she not know that she's just negated everything that she earlier testified to?

Eldridge asks if anyone indicated fear of LD or incidents of violence while he was at Rudds'...

No fights with prisoners or guards during that prison stay or at detention center.

No further questions.

Calling Q Wilburn to stand.

You know, what this testimony is showing is that despite the bad upbringing, violence early in his life, he wasnt a violent kid when he was young. That is a recent development.

Certainly looks like Slim had a great opportunity to turn his life around. But instead decided to throw it away. Also, his ability to charm some people in conjuntion with his ruthless violence would sure seem to indicate anti-social personality traits; sociopath.

His childhood wasn't the best but certainly not the worst we've ever heard. There were still people trying to pour into his life--to give him exposure to educational, athletic and other opportunities, even faith-based opportunities for fellowship and moral influence--many things I sorely lacked in my own life. It is a shame he discarded that and chose another path to never to realize any of that potential.

:parrot:

I hear coffee being poured.. gotta have some - BRB

Am I the only one that's extremely irritated by this woman? She keeps looking towards Davidson and half smiling. I'm expecting her to go hug and kiss him on the cheek when she's finished with her testimony.

Also, she still has that stupid look on her face. Does she not know that she's just negated everything that she earlier testified to?

No you are no Lizzy, she was getting on my last nerve. Wish the pros could have asked her if she would be afraid to be alone with him now? Course she would have just lied.

LD's maternal uncle, Hugh Wilburn:
2m7db4g.jpg

Had a different father from ld's mother...

left memphis at 18, lives in colorado spgs, co

he's much older than ld's mother...

Describing his mother - darnice - (ld's maternal grandmother) as a drunk and physically abusive... was also abusive to Nell, LD's mother...

Nothing seemed to prompt it

...no doubt trying to show 3 generations of bipolar...

So everything is Davidson's grandma's fault. I wish they would ask him what he's done with his life (the uncle). He sounds pretty articulate. More so than Davidson.

I hate hearing this stuff, it's horrible but some of it seems less relevant than others. There has to be some limit to how far back the jury should be expected to trace this stuff or what they factor in. :confused:

:parrot:

Yikes Colorado Springs. Hope he's a good guy, not like his nephew. He's in my neck of the woods.

Just not seeing that this has anything to do with Davidson. Point is Davidson was given a chance he could have made something of himself.

Found a boyfriend of [Nell's or Darnice's] who'd been murdered... viciously... mauled...in a side street by a dumpster...

Nell was in houe when it happened...

Nell had a cocaine problem - crack... he tried to help, she rejected..

He had been to rehab for drugs, himself...

He joined army at 18 - had to get out of Memphis because no future for him there... no role models...

hadn't finished high school, so wanted to get GED in army..

Struggled w/ drugs & alcohol... had problems w/ the law...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024