GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no room anywhere for any "I told you so's".
We may never know his full intentions, I would assume his defense will be he was trying to save her from something...
HOPEFULLY he did not touch her in any way...but LE did say there was reason to believe she was in great harm, and JT did say he was obsessed with her.
JMO it was more than a perv uncle...I think he was in love with her, and wanted a relationship with her. I would not be surprised if he had told her that her entire family was dead or something of that nature to start building a stockholder syndrome situation.
If he didn't touch her...he would have, eventually...
This. I completely agree.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I did see on NG last night the existing charge alone carry's a max. of 60 years itself.

I'm glad to hear this. What I'm about to say isn't directed at you. :). I WANT him to be charged and convicted of SA if he assaulted her. I want to see him to carry that stigma and shame around in prison. In fact, IMO every sex offender should be branded on their foreheads so their crimes against humanity are there for all to see forever.

But that's just me.

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/update-carlie-trent-remains-in-hospital-suspect-remains-in-custody
She is still in the hospital as of this morning.
Sorry If this has already been posted.

I think everyone around Carlie is trying to protect her and her privacy,

If they truly were just going to check her out she would have gone home last night if nothing had happened to her.

Remember when they said Shasta Greone was found safe and alive? She too was taken to the hospital and not released right away after an examination.

So I do understand them trying to protect Carlie from it being known what all she endured. So if unharmed she would have been released yesterday even in the late afternoon after she got to the hospital.

It wasn't cold enough for hyperthermia to set in and she was in a covered barn and we know they had food and clothing. So she should have been in good physical shape.

So they can say whatever they want to say but I do believe he harmed this child and that is why she is still in the hospital. I think she is being treated just like Shasta.

The video posted several posts back that shows the place the child was found, looks very similar to my back yard. I live a few small towns over from Rogersville. Up the hill, behind the treeline in my yard is a huge open feild. In the feild is an old abandoned house. There was a barn too. The land is completely surrounded by the very dense Cherokee National Forest. Very common landscape around here. I believe the clue the preacher talked about leading him back to the area was indeed a set of tire tracks. But the night before the child was found, there were helicopters all over the area that were equipped with heat sensing devices. Maybe these men noticed the helicopters lingering in that area? I'd like to say that I am very very proud to be a Tennessee Volunteer! The way these communities unit for the greater good still blows my mind. And I was born and raised here. The totality of the group efforts impressed me much like it did when tornados ripped through here and left death and destruction. Very proud of them backwoods hillbillies!

I wonder if she's in the hospital because they're working out a temporary custody situation and maybe she's out of the hospital now. While she's there, it's easy to access her for a forensic interview while they're running other physical testing.

I would guess she's out now, or very soon, and maybe doesn't want to go back to that same house next door to the Simpson's, even though he's not there.

I wonder if she's in the hospital because they're working out a temporary custody situation and maybe she's out of the hospital now. While she's there, it's easy to access her for a forensic interview while they're running other physical testing.

I would guess she's out now, or very soon, and maybe doesn't want to go back to that same house next door to the Simpson's, even though he's not there.

I don't think so. I think as soon as she is released from the hospital she will return to her father's home where her sister is.

IMO

Do we know for sure that she's been there overnight? I'm also not sure that she would have been fully interviewed by now. My friend is an RN, specializing in women's health and an activist for rape victims. She's the first one called in. She says that they don't even allow police in the room of the patient until they all feel the patient is ready.

I'm not implying she spent the night in the hospital. I just meant here is what has likely happened since last night when she was found a ) hospital checkup with exam b ) spoken with LE. But Gabby's post has me wondering if they would wait. I cannot say but very often in these cases, within an hour or two, names are redacted so I still feel this is very positive.

I'm not implying she spent the night in the hospital. I just meant here is what has likely happened since last night when she was found a ) hospital checkup with exam b ) spoken with LE. But Gabby's post has me wondering if they would wait. I cannot say but very often in these cases, within an hour or two, names are redacted so I still feel this is very positive.

I believe she would have had the physical exam last night as they would want to gather any physical evidence expeditiously. Thankfully, they would more than likely sedate her for this. I think the interviews may be put off until they know she is medically stable, possibly today. :moo:

Are news sources really going to stop using her name and redact it from all previous articles if it turns out that she was assaulted? I understand that assault victims names oftentimes are kept private (if it is never revealed), but in this case her name is already spread far and wide. Have there been previous cases where underage victims were found alive after having been assaulted and their names redacted? Maybe I'm just not remembering them.

I just can't see them continuing to cover this case and the outcome and NOT using her name.

And as far as previous coverage, I can't see them redacting her name and just assuming everyone will forget...

You are right. Shasta Groene went through absolute hell to include most certainly (judging by Duncan's past history) sexual assault and her name was never redacted.

Why would they do that? Her father has no blame in this, so there is no reason (that we know of) to remove her from his custody....she needs to go home.

ETA: ...and by home, I mean wherever her father, who has legal custody, is.

Can't sleuth victims here, and in this case father is considered a victim... but I wish I could answer this :silenced:

Of course he is a victim, I was questioning why the OP would assume she wouldn't go home to her father, wherever that may be.....we here have no reason to think that she wouldn't so it shouldn't even be speculated about. Did MSM put out that she would be going elsewhere? Not to my knowledge, if they did the OP needs to link the article. If not, it is not something we should be speculating at all.

Of course he is a victim, I was questioning why the OP would assume she wouldn't go home to her father, wherever that may be.....we here have no reason to think that she wouldn't so it shouldn't even be speculated about. Did MSM put out that she would be going elsewhere? Not to my knowledge, if they did the OP needs to link the article. If not, it is not something we should be speculating at all.

Deleted my post after I realized I read your's wrong.
Guaranteed TBI has investigated this family thoroughly over this past week. They will allow CT to go home if they have found it safe. If there is more to the story, they will make sure she is taken care of.

You are right. Shasta Groene went through absolute hell to include most certainly (judging by Duncan's past history) sexual assault and her name was never redacted.

She was the exception. Most victims names are redacted once they are found alive.

Some can't be because they were missing for so long or under such extreme circumstances that the case is a household name. Like Elizabeth, Jaycee and Shasta.

And some choose not to have their name redacted. But it's standard that for a case like this the name is redacted if sexual assault occurred. You will see lots of initials in the located forum of WS.

Here are a couple from recently:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?305397-FL-BW-7-Madison-17-April-2016&highlight=redacted+initials

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?305530-NC-KH-13-Asheboro-April-2016

If she was assaulted yes, they will stop using her name. It's less about people forgetting and more about it not coming up so easily in a Google search.

Can you imagine if her family moves and her new classmates googled her name? Or if this came up when she tried to get a job and they googled her? It's her right to either put it behind her or speak about it as she chooses. :twocents:

Imo, the DA doesn't up the charges unless he/LE found something during the investigation that supports the elevated charge.

This is not an honorable man doing an honorable deed. Carlie had been back with her dad for over a year along with his other daughter.

Some states have laws that protect the innocent and they don't publicly announce when there is a charge of rape or sexual assault to protect the minor child. I don't know if TN has this law, but if not, in the coming weeks I do expect added charges just like the TBI Director said he expects.

And to this day all the 2005 articles about what Duncan did to Shasta and Dylan which included (kidnapping/ daily torturing them/repeatedly raping/sodomizing them/murdering Dylan) is still available where anyone can read it and their names are always used. I am not sure since Carlie's case is so well known the media will use only CT from now on if she was sexually assaulted. . I know it will happen here, but like they say 'you cant unring a bell.' :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back