Found Deceased TN - Dace Martinez, 29, Mt. Juliet, 25 August 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven’t seen anything new sadly.

Really strange, and sad. I am hoping that he has been found and it just isn’t publicized. This case gives me the creeps! I think about that FB stuff a lot. Hoping for the best for Dace.

Anyone have an update? This case really spooked me and SM has been scrubbed of EVERYTHING weird. But why wouldn’t there be an update that he has been found, if that’s the case?
Yep, the name he referred to and everything is gone gone gone. I wonder if that was done by the family because of how it made him appear or if LE requested it or a family attorney? As, he did show the contact he had with the local PD right before he disappeared and during what appeared to be some sort of crisis.

Yep, the name he referred to and everything is gone gone gone. I wonder if that was done by the family because of how it made him appear or if LE requested it or a family attorney? As, he did show the contact he had with the local PD right before he disappeared and during what appeared to be some sort of crisis.

Exactly! I have a theory as to what could have happened but I don’t think I can post it without violating TOS as some may consider it “victim blaming.” I don’t think he intended this to happen (whatever it was) but what is very odd to me is the seemingly nonchalant police officers he took the video of/with. He did not seem to be acting normal whatsoever, even in front of them. The good thing about my theory (I guess) is that I think he is alive

Exactly! I have a theory as to what could have happened but I don’t think I can post it without violating TOS as some may consider it “victim blaming.” I don’t think he intended this to happen (whatever it was) but what is very odd to me is the seemingly nonchalant police officers he took the video of/with. He did not seem to be acting normal whatsoever, even in front of them. The good thing about my theory (I guess) is that I think he is alive
I was thinking the same thing. Only, I am not sure they ever found him. The updates were posted for quite a while that he had still been missing. But, who knows.

I was thinking the same thing. Only, I am not sure they ever found him. The updates were posted for quite a while that he had still been missing. But, who knows.
Aw man ): Do you remember when about the last update was? Are there still updates?

December 22, 2018
Detectives Continue to Search for Missing 29-Year-Old Man, Who Disappeared in August

Detectives continue to search for the whereabouts of a 29-year-old missing man, and they hope someone out there could have information to help them in the investigation. 29-year-old Dace Martinez has not been heard from since Saturday, August 25, 2018, and he was last known to be at his house on West Division Street in Mt. Juliet near the Davison County line.

Martinez left his residence without his mobile phone, cash, or extra clothing, which is suspicious. It is unknown what Martinez was wearing when he left, but he is a Hispanic male, 6’1″ tall, and weighs around 140 pounds.

Since he has been missing, detectives have done extensive searches of property near his home, have contacted many of Dace’s known acquaintances, and have even reviewed communication details on his mobile phone and online presence. Since Saturday, August 25, 2018, there has been no trace of Dace, which is extremely concerning. Detectives are hoping someone out there may know something about his disappearance. Any information about Dace or his activities leading up to his disappearance would be very valuable to Detectives.

Photo-Sep-04-3-42-00-PM.jpg Photo-Sep-04-3-41-11-PM.jpg Photo-Sep-04-3-41-14-PM.jpg Photo-Sep-04-3-41-51-PM.jpg

Mt. Juliet Police Department

Mt. Juliet Police on Twitter

I think his FB is alarming. He is/was definitely in some sort of crisis (mental or drug induced). The comments from his friends sounded concerned. He is paranoid and his thoughts are all over the place. That ER person appears to live in Florida, according to his FB. I don't know what to think about his last post. It could go a couple of directions... imo
I am sure that the police did not see anything that they could do a 72 hour hold for. One must be a danger to himself and/others. Their hands are tied when it comes to that touchy subject.

Dace Martinez
Dace went missing not far from where my friend went missing in October of 2017 at 5464 Old Lebanon Dirt Road in Mt. Juliet and who was later found dead in the Tennessee River nearly 100 miles from where he lived. His name was Scott Damon and I personally feel like his murder and the circumstances surrounding his murder have been kept a secret. (not to mention that the family of Scott's girlfriend at the time of his murder had family that have lived on Division Road and may still live there...this may just be a coincidence but I feel it should definitely be investigated).

per his brother on fb, dace was found deceased. no other details.

*modsnip*

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, this case has stuck with me since the very day those odd posts appeared on his Facebook! I remember it like it was yesterday! I have been hoping and praying since then that he was safe...somewhere...and we’d hear someday that Dace had returned home and all was well. The news of his remains being found hit me A LOT harder than I expected! NONE of this case makes sense to me! I’ve searched at LEAST once a week for updates on him and have come up empty...now, all of a sudden, I see all sorts of “updates” from his father and it makes me all the more puzzled as to what happened with Dace! I REALLY hope that some version of the truth comes out! God rest his soul! ❤️

•MMcG•

Do any of you happen to have screenshots of what was on Facebook prior to the cleanup?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaterbox888
Back