Found Deceased TN - David Riemens, 60, Watertown, 8 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Part 6 and Final Installation from The Wilson Post- I would love to hear some opinions on what you think happened to David!!!

http://www.wilsonpost.com/missing-david--part-6-cms-86353

Thanks again, Cutter, for posting the links to this series.

I think this latest installment brings out the points that make David's disappearance so unfathomable. The most likely explanation is a vehicle accident -- but why has the other person not been reported missing? A family, friend, neighbor, even the local busybody, you'd think someone would notice that an older man has gone missing.

I know many of David's friends want to believe he just walked away from his life, but that really seems unlikely to me. I'm David's age and maybe I'm reading too much into this, but as you get older, your family and long time friends like the Nuessles become more important. I can see him having a later-life crisis and wanting to go see certain things while he can, but no word to his loved ones? Not even a postcard? It just doesn't seem likely to me.

Just out of curiosity, I checked that repository of human kindness, Topix, to see if there were any negative comments about David. Nothing new has been posted in several years, and nobody had anything bad to say about him. (There's one comment that seems pure gossip -- not putting too much stock in that.)

So, Cutter, I've still got way, way more questions than I have answers.

Part 6 and Final Installation from The Wilson Post- I would love to hear some opinions on what you think happened to David!!!

http://www.wilsonpost.com/missing-david--part-6-cms-86353

Thank you for posting these links!
These reports are a heartwarming tribute to David Riemens.

I can understand that some of his friends may want to believe that he just left to start a new life.
But being a dog person myself, i have great trouble accepting that he would leave his dog behind.
IMHO a dog is part of yourself and your life, and not of your furniture.

So he'd take the dog. Pass by his family. And send at least one postcard so that his friends needn't worry.

Also I find it strange that there have been no sightings of him since. Even if he were to use a different name (and why would he?) his stonework would be noticed and someone sometime somewhere will become aware that he is a "missing" person. As far as I am aware, no one has come forward.

My top-4:

1. Foul play
2. Accident
3. Mix of 1 + 2: the old man was illegal or a fugitive, so no one reported the accident
4. Walked away

· "No Stone Unturned" Premieres Monday, May 16 at 10/9c Story of DAVID RIEMENS: Missing Since 8/8/12 from Watertown, Tenn. Sixty-year old stonemason David Riemens has one final meeting to attend about a construction job before he drives from Tennessee to Michigan to visit family. But when he never returns home to collect his bags, and his truck is found abandoned in a local parking lot, friends immediately sound the alarm. Desperate to find him, investigators try locating the unknown construction site and look for clues in Riemens's unconventional off-the-grid lifestyle, but every avenue they explore leads to yet another dead end. The only indisputable evidence they have to go on is that Riemens has seemingly vanished into thin air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bump: Reminder that David's episode of 'Disappeared' airs this month on May 16th on the Investigation Discovery channel!

“No Stone Unturned” Premieres Monday, May 16 at 10/9c
Story of DAVID RIEMENS: Missing Since 8/8/12 from Watertown, Tenn.
Sixty-year old stonemason David Riemens has one final meeting to attend about a construction job before he drives from Tennessee to Michigan to visit family. But when he never returns home to collect his bags, and his truck is found abandoned in a local parking lot, friends immediately sound the alarm. Desperate to find him, investigators try locating the unknown construction site and look for clues in Riemens’s unconventional off-the-grid lifestyle, but every avenue they explore leads to yet another dead end. The only indisputable evidence they have to go on is that Riemens has seemingly vanished into thin air.

https://corporate.discovery.com/dis...still-searching-for-their-missing-loved-ones/

I just watched the Disappeared episode. What a puzzling case. I'm not positive, but it looked like in the shot of the interior of David's truck, that the sketch pad with his estimate was on the front seat - which, if true, doesn't make sense if he was going to give the guy a price for the job. It's amazing to me that they weren't able to spot a barn with new construction behind it from the air. I wonder if LE looked into large cement purchases, portable cement mixer rentals, etc.

The Disappeared episode was good and his friends and family speak so well of him. I hope the show generates leads and that he will be found soon.

I just watched the Disappeared episode. Sadly, they've not had any leads the cold case detective said that the case remains "active". The family is so heartbroken but continue to have hope.

Was so surprised/pleased to see this case on Disappeared. I knew I had been on his thread before! I hope this broadcast uncovers some information about what happened to David.

I don't know if this means anything, but I found a conflicting statement between the person who is reportedly the last to see him at the Dollar General and what the detective said on the Disappeared Episode last night.

http://wilsonpost.com/missing-david--part-3-cms-86282

This is # 3 in a 6 part series written by a local paper. In it, a lady (T.T.)who is the last to see him at the DG store says "He seemed fine. He did not seem upset or to be waiting for someone or anything. I asked, 'What you doing?' He said, 'I gotta go in and spend some money.' I did see him go into the store," confirmed Tatu, who at this point is the last person on record to have seen Riemens.

Now, according the Detective on last nights Disappeared episode, they DID NOT see him in the DG store on any footage from video inside.

Hum?? I'm not suggesting the last person to see (T.T.) him had anything to do with it, but why would she say she saw him go inside, if he in fact did not? Did she make a mistake on who she saw go into the store?

Such a strange case. Praying his family and friends get some answers....

Just watched the Disappeared episode. David seemed like the kind of person I'd have loved to meet. Down to earth, nonmaterialistic and talented and creative and loving to his family and friends. I do not get the feeling he was a walk away at all. My heart broke for his family. He was obviously so very loved.
I wonder if there's anything to his sister's feeling about the word/name Burgess?
Heartbreaking story...I hope they do find him.

I watch all of the episodes if Disappeared and rarely cry but David's case made me cry. I echo what Midge says above, on all counts. Any news would be welcome for this family. Can't even begin to fathom what they are going through...

Just watched the Disappeared episode. David seemed like the kind of person I'd have loved to meet. Down to earth, nonmaterialistic and talented and creative and loving to his family and friends. I do not get the feeling he was a walk away at all. My heart broke for his family. He was obviously so very loved.
I wonder if there's anything to his sister's feeling about the word/name Burgess?
Heartbreaking story...I hope they do find him.

Feel the same way. Beautiful and talented man. It breaks my heart. He took out money for his trip so I wonder if the bank had surveillance cameras? They never mentioned that on ID. Maybe there was a shady character inside the bank.

Did anyone else hear in the beginning that his bestfriend, when called to see if he had seen him, first said he thought he left for Michigan but also told them where the truck was. It puzzles me why he would think David was in Michigan if his truck was in front of Dollar General.

Also, in regards to the search for the home that was being built; Did they search building permit applications around that time for the county?

I don't think I can post a link, but if you look a few posts down on the Reddit thread about David, a poster claims to have done this and forwarded it to the authorities. Hopefully it will go somewhere. I've noticed things tend to happen in the TN woods:(

unless it was something nefarious being built - or for sketchy purposes - where they don't seek permits. Back to he saw something he shouldn't have...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back