Found Deceased TN - Devin Bond, 16, Murfreesboro, 30 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Posted 10 minutes ago:
“Emergency responders search for Devin Bond

Teams of Rutherford County emergency responders searched for missing youth Devin Bond today on 1,000 acres at the Barfield-Crescent Road area of the county.

Bond, a Riverdale High School student, disappeared March 31, 2017.

Sheriff’s Detective Will Pinson said the Barfield Crescent area is the last place where Bond showed his location on his cell phone.

‘We felt like the area needed to be searched as thoroughly as possible,’ Pinson said. ‘Only trained emergency responders will participate. We want to do an exhaustive search.’

Pinson investigates information he receives about Bond but there have been no confirmed sightings of him.

‘The parents have been kept aware of developments in the case,’ Pinson said.

Agencies participating in the search of about 1,000 acres include the Rutherford County Emergency Management Agency, Rutherford County Fire & Rescue Department, Rutherford County Emergency Medical Services and the Special Operations Response Team, La Vergne Fire Department, Murfreesboro Police Department, Smyrna Police Department, La Vergne Police Department and the Sheriff’s Office.

The Sheriff’s Office asks people to remain away from the area while the search resumes Wednesday.“ (BBM)
Rutherford County Sheriff's Office

Posted: 4:16 PM, Nov 12, 2019
Updated: 5:23 PM, Nov 12, 2019
“MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (WTVF) — Rutherford County Sheriff's deputies are canvassing an area of the county in a renewed effort to find Devin Bond.

[SBM]

Tuesday afternoon, a new search was launched at Barfield Crescent Park. Deputies, as well as, Murfreesboro Police officers, Smyrna Police officers, LaVergne Police officers, and Rutherford County Fire and Rescue crews were seen at the park assisting in the search.

They're searching 1,000 acres at the Barfield-Crescent Road area of the county - the last area Bond showed his location on his cell phone.

Members of the ‘Bring Devin Home’ Facebook group - which organized several of the searches over the years - posted about the renewed search efforts.

[SBM]

We have a crew at the scene and will update this story as soon as more information becomes available.”
Deputies and police renew search efforts for Devin Bond

:( UPDATE: We are devastated at the loss of our son, Devin. Our goal was to bring Devin home and we are bringing him home, just not in the way we had hoped. Rest In Peace sweet boy and we will be counting the days until we are together again.

Thank you to Detective Pinson, Rutherford County Sheriff’s Department and all the searchers that helped locate our son, we are forever grateful. Please keep Devin's family in your thoughts and prayers. #TheAWAREFoundation

Attachments

• 75328756_1463470670471362_4899418019458973696_n.jpg
    75328756_1463470670471362_4899418019458973696_n.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 14
Devin Bond’s mother confirms son’s remains found
Devin Bond’s mother confirms son’s remains found

Rest In Peace, Devin.

ETA:
Nov 13, 2019 Updated 15 min ago
“[SBM]

[Devin Bond’s mother Heather] Simmers-Bond made the announcement on her Facebook page Titled ‘Bring Devin Home.’ She wrote, ‘We are devastated at the loss of our son, Devin. Our goal was to bring Devin home and we are bringing him home, just not in the way we had hoped. Rest In Peace sweet boy and we will be counting the days until we are together again. Thank you to Detective Pinson, Rutherford County Sheriff’s Department and all the searchers that helped locate our son, we are forever grateful.’

The Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office had led a multi-agency search in the Barfield-Crescent area on Tuesday and Wednesday in the area where Bond’s cell phone was last picked up on March 31, 2017. The RCSO has not said what led to the search after more than two-and-a-half years.

[SBM]”

That was faster than I thought it would be. I wonder if they identified him from his clothing and other belongings or if they used a rapid DNA test. So thankful he could be brought home even though the outcome is tragic.

Rest in Peace Devin.

As sad as this is, I hope they have found him so his family can have some peace and closure. I wonder why it took over 2 years to extensively search the last place his cell phone pinged. Is it because he was a teen and written off as a runaway at first? MOO.

Written off as a runaway I think is part of the explanation. Another part could involve looking at the search party. Were they volunteers or professionals? Volunteers are good for errands but the actual search should be done by professionals. If it's just volunteers that are looking, then the area should be considered unsearched until pros have looked the same area.

Written off as a runaway I think is part of the explanation. Another part could involve looking at the search party. Were they volunteers or professionals? Volunteers are good for errands but the actual search should be done by professionals. If it's just volunteers that are looking, then the area should be considered unsearched until pros have looked the same area.

And I'll add to that with an opinion I have. When someone goes missing and their fate is unknown, those that cared about the individual have a powerful bias: they want the person to be alive even when it defies reasonable conjecture. 'The area was searched extensively and he was not there. Therefore he ran away and we need to find him living on the streets somewhere.' That's what people who are emotionally invested in an outcome will think like. I don't blame them to be honest but it takes neutrality to turn in constructive efforts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back