Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and read the section about the September 1 police report. That report lead LE to his address. The very next line says that the investigators then contacted his employer and she verified what he drove and what his phone number was. Based on that serious of events I am wondering if the Sept 1 police report is related to his job?
Or that tail light damage on the car maybe. Possible accident report.

Those four minutes in the car are devastating. I keep speculating about how he could have subdued her to the point of incapacitation that ended with so much blood in the car, in so short a time.

My guess is he didn't sexually assault her in the car right away because I think it would have taken a few minutes to get her under his control, and I don't know if that leaves time for him to remove her clothes and assault her right then and there.

I mean, he could have shot her in the head or chest but then he'd have to be some kind of necrophiliac. I was imagining a stun gun and then maybe handcuffing her, but that wouldn't have left a lot of blood in the car. Maybe he hit her in the head with a rock or something.

Maybe he didn't remove her clothing at that point but just pulled them away and assaulted her. I still can't conceive of getting an athletic young woman incapacitated and assaulted in four minutes.

I don't know why I'm even thinking through this because it's so upsetting and at this point fruitless, but I can't stop wondering how he could've achieved his hideous goals in such a short time.

So I end up where I started, four minutes to incapacitate her in a manner that leaves enough blood for him to wash the car, but during the absent three hours is when he did any sexual assault, (if he even did, as we don't yet know) and then the murder, which I assume is the outcome.

Eliza, where are you?????
like I said previously...one strong sucker punch and you could be dead or extremely incapacitated. Just the thought of this beautiful woman, wife, mom, daughter enduring such terror is mind blowing.

Random questions…

1. The attack was violent in nature. Did he have a knife or weapon? It sounds like more happened than he just grabbed her and shoved her into the suv. Was there blood on the street or sidewalk?
2. We don’t really know what info the suv will give us. I’m thinking LE will find (more than just a little) her blood, possibly mixed with his blood or other bodily fluids. And her DNA.
3. It’s been 3.5 days. Way too early imo to be thinking about deals or what to do if she isn’t found. He had less than 3 hours, so at most she’s within a 90 minute radius. I personally don’t think she’s that far at all and I definitely don’t think he handed her off.
4. My guess is LE took her computer and car to see if they can find a connection to CA. Most likely through his employment or one of the side jobs she posted. I highly doubt she ‘knew’ him.

Could he of had some help after the fact? Speaking to Eliza's location. LE was able to make a quick arrest but seems her location is much more difficult. IMO

Unfortunately, you can cover a lot of territory in a car, in three hours. That’s the time that’s ‘missing’ from his timeline. I don’t think there’s any evidence we know of that points to a second person being involved.

MOO

Those four minutes in the car are devastating. I keep speculating about how he could have subdued her to the point of incapacitation that ended with so much blood in the car, in so short a time.

My guess is he didn't sexually assault her in the car right away because I think it would have taken a few minutes to get her under his control, and I don't know if that leaves time for him to remove her clothes and assault her right then and there.

I mean, he could have shot her in the head or chest but then he'd have to be some kind of necrophiliac. I was imagining a stun gun and then maybe handcuffing her, but that wouldn't have left a lot of blood in the car. Maybe he hit her in the head with a rock or something.

Maybe he didn't remove her clothing at that point but just pulled them away and assaulted her. I still can't conceive of getting an athletic young woman incapacitated and assaulted in four minutes.

I don't know why I'm even thinking through this because it's so upsetting and at this point fruitless, but I can't stop wondering how he could've achieved his hideous goals in such a short time.

So I end up where I started, four minutes to incapacitate her in a manner that leaves enough blood for him to wash the car, but during the absent three hours is when he did any sexual assault, if he even did, and then the murder, which I assume is the outcome.

Eliza, where are you?????
It’s horrible to even ponder this. From the info in the affidavit, it appears that a violent struggle occurred outside of the car (from LEs viewing the camera footage). She was likely at the very least stunned if not even fully conscious when he got her in the car. It certainly would not take 4 minutes to subdue her, one hard punch to the head would be enough. A couple of more punches once inside the car in the next 30 seconds. Wouldn’t even need a weapon to kill her, although one could have been involved. Being “athletic young woman” unfortunately wouldn’t benefit her in this type of situation.

You never know what a good defense attorney will come up with at trial. For instance, if true the slides and phone were handed over to her family, who then gave them to investigators - chain of custody issues. It could even be questioned how they came to be in the street to begin with. Abston could say there was another person in the car and he was in fear of his life, just doing what he was told to do.
Like you, I think the slides coming from the family will be a problem. Perhaps not a huge one, though, as they supposedly have video of him wearing them the day before. How could the family have gotten them in that short a time span?

During interrogations Police often ask if there is any reason you knew each other or why her dna would be in your car? Has she been in your car before? Etc. Career criminals are savy. Maybe he made something up like, she was on her period and having an affair. They met because he has done yard work or landscaping for her in the past. Blah blah blah. I know it's a stretch but just thought

Yep, we've heard it all---

I'm sorry to wake up to hear Eliza has still not been found. Someone as sick and evil as this criminal would have no reason to tell the cops the truth of where she is. Kidnapped someone and put them in the trunk where they could die and he was out in 20 years. Not to mention all the other crimes. A lot of 'authorities' have blood on their hands.

I don't think it's fair to say that "a lot of authorities" have blood on their hands. It sounds like in the earlier kidnapping case that CA received the maximum sentence he could be given for that crime which was 25 years, IIRC, and was released when policy dictated he had to be released. Also, the other crimes were committed when CA was a juvenile, and juvenile court has a strong rehabilitative component for obvious reasons, so there were limits on what the youth court could do while he was under their jurisdiction.

I agree, there are a few similarities here with the Aniah Blanchard case. It's been two years and Yazeed still hasn't been convicted. IMO, that was a pretty open and shut case as well.

You never know what a good defense attorney will come up with at trial. For instance, if true the slides and phone were handed over to her family, who then gave them to investigators - chain of custody issues. It could even be questioned how they came to be in the street to begin with. Abston could say there was another person in the car and he was in fear of his life, just doing what he was told to do.

None of that would make sense to me, but it could cause a juror or three to have reasonable doubt. Critical thinking skills (AKA common sense), appears to be lacking in some jurors today.

Critical thinking skills are dreadfully lacking these days- sorry to say

Like you, I think the slides coming from the family will be a problem. Perhaps not a huge one, though, as they supposedly have video of him wearing them the day before. How could the family have gotten them in that short a time span?

Wouldn't the police have the video that would ostensibly show that before the abduction occurred, there were no shoes-- after, there were?

I'm really surprised we haven't had any more updates. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing at this point.

I’ve seen a few people mention that her clothes have been found. As far as I know, this has NOT been confirmed.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Several Twitter posts are stating a McDonald employee found clothes in dumpster. I have seen no LE confirmation.

Why would he dump her clothes separately from her? I realize they would be removed for SA but if he say threw her in the river, why not throw her clothes with her? I know there is little hope but maybe he is holding her somewhere and he took her clothes to discourage her from running?
Respectfully, I cannot imagine that being left without clothes would discourage anyone held captive from escaping, if they were otherwise able. Being found naked vs being found dead. Pretty sure which option I would pick. If he discarded her clothes somewhere other than where she is now, it is most likely because his DNA, and perhaps some of his blood, as well as probable evidence of a SA is all over them, and he probably had already removed them from her previously. JMO

This thread is now closed. Continue the discussion in Thread #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme