Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad when someone is killed. So thankful they may have found her body to being her home for a proper burial. Not all families are able to find and bury their loved ones. My friend has yet to find any remains of her granddaughter to bury and have some closure.

Maryland State Police are searching for Heather Grogg, and Danielle Tyler. Anyone with information of their whereabouts should contact the Westminster barrack at 410-386-3000.

Last edited:
This thread is moving so fast. They found a body. Is it’s her?
Way too early to tell. No positive ID yet but the large police presence in the area makes it likely that's who it is. You don't get tons of LE vehicles and officers for a random dead body typically. The LE amassing there indicates they found someone they were specifically looking for. Guessing we'll have an ID on the body later tonight.

Assuming the body is Eliza's, the fact that this was the expected end doesn't make it any less tragic and heartbreaking. If it is, I'll be at least thankful that her family can bury her properly and start the grieving process.

As for the animal that did this, I see his brilliant plan of not telling LE where she was is really paying dividends. Anything less than a capital murder charge will be an extreme disappointment.

There are a host of crimes that qualify as capital ones in Tennessee which can be seen here. IMO, he violated #'s 2, 5, 7 and possibly 13. Please LE make sure he's charged and punished as such.
I can't think of any reason they would not seek the death penalty and win. You have a convicted kidnapper, a sympathetic victim, and a horrible crime. I have mixed feelings on the death penalty but this is exactly the kind of crime we need it for IMO

I can't think of any reason they would not seek the death penalty and win. You have a convicted kidnapper, a sympathetic victim, and a horrible crime. I have mixed feelings on the death penalty but this is exactly the kind of crime we need it for IMO
Agree with you wholeheartedly on the type of crime DP fits for. However, Chris Watts crime met every existing criteria for the DP and invented some others that didn't exist it was so cruel and heinous but he's serving LWOP.

Most prosecutors will at least consult with the victim's family to determine if they are OK with proceeding with a capital case. Not to say that victim's families get the final word, but they do get a voice.

One thing that always gets me about these cases is that these horrid, garbage humans are the last face these innocent people see before they die. Its disgusting.

RIP Eliza and major condolences to her family.

So we know he was released from prison in 2020 and then had the charge from this June before all the recent events with the stolen wallet on Sept 1st and continuing on to abduct Eliza. Does anyone really think there were no crimes between his release and June 2022? What else has he done? I know his prior case was abducting a male for ATM/cash reasons. Then taking the wallet to use for money. I feel like abduction straight to murder is a big step even for a criminal with his history. A sexually motivated crime is very different than stealing for money or even abduction to use the ATM to get cash. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, just so confused and sad that this person was allowed to walk among us. Clearly no desire to fit in to society and be a part of it in a productive positive way.

Yes, and an extensive record by the time he was 16, with very serious charges. Listed multiple times on these threads.

I feel like really, CA goes from crime to crime like it’s his daily routine. Like we would go to work, then Starbucks, the gym, out to dinner, home—-whatever is our routine.

I don't think he gave much thought at all to what he was doing. He has clearly followed his impulses all his life. You’re locked up for 20 years after a juvenile criminal past, you get out, and not too long after you’re already stealing wallets, or harassing university women, and then you snatch this mother who is just going about HER routine. You kill her and dump her nearby because you can’t even invest in planning a little better.

What a lowlife. I’m so angry.

One thing that always gets me about these cases is that these horrid, garbage humans are the last face these innocent people see before they die. Its disgusting.

RIP Eliza and major condolences to her family.

Ugh you’re right. But maybe… I like to think she closed her eyes and saw the perfect faces of her baby boys and loving husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980