Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 10:45 PM here on the East Coast, so I guess 9:45 in Memphis? I've been waiting, as have we all, to see if a confirmation will be made tonight about this being Eliza.

I'm guessing at this time we won't hear anything further tonight.

<modsnip: Do not discuss rumors

There are two little boys that in a few years will realize that whatever variation they'll hear now about how "Mommy lives right here, in your hearts" is due to the fact that some lowlife who couldn't keep it together for five consecutive minutes is the reason Mommy is gone.

I wish Eliza's parents strength. They don't look like they can bear it. I wish strength for her brother. I wish strength and some future happiness for the husband down the road.

I wish for the boys that when they grow up, they'll have each found a way to take this pain and make good lives for themselves. Grow up to be two of the good guys.

Eliza, I hope your impact in 34 years was enough to make your time on Earth worthwhile.
Tremendous post @Arkay.

And with that, I will go smear my pillow with the tears now running down my face, and know you will all be here with me tomorrow as we together brace for the confirmation of the news.

I realize nothing has been confirmed, but the area we are looking at is near Victor and Persons. I went to the GIS for Shelby County. This is a view of the woods just across from 1666 Victor. What is in the area I have circled? Anyone know?

View attachment 364508
My guess would be an old well or sewage line that's been covered up (MOO). Also, Webb St. backs up to the odd-numbered houses on Victor and 1666 is across the street; whatever that is would be part of a plot belonging to 1663 or 1657 Victor, which both seem to have been empty lots since at least 2008, based on what I'm seeing on Google Maps.

I need map people to help. I’m seeing that from abduction site to McDonald’s (potential clothing disposal) to Victor road police presence this all is within a few miles and possibly a 30 minute time frame. I’ve lost 2 hours. I’m having issue why this disgusting thing didn’t roll up earlier. Did he take EF to this abandoned home for hours or was this where he ended up on his way home.
There were searches at parks and waterways the day she was abducted. The park near her house was searched that day.

Were police following his phone and car GPS pings?
  1. suspects shoes found at abduction site
  2. DNA connects shoes to suspect
  3. police track down suspect
  4. police go to suspect's house (girlfriend's house?)
  5. car belongs to girlfriend?
  6. suspect attempts to run, apprehended
  7. his cousin is apprehended
  8. police learn that suspect washed clothes at 7:50 on morning of abduction at cousin's house
  9. police investigate Macdonald's dumpster for clothing
  10. police investigate location where body is discovered
1662435682803.png

I think we have all see blighted neighborhoods. I wanted to note that the people who live in these homes may be very good people who may not have the time or wherewithal to focus on the outside. The buildings may be rundown but that does not mean that these folks don't have pride and gratitude for living in their homes. JMHO.
Something I noticed while looking at Victor Street on Google Maps: the day the camera came by was garbage day. All the houses on the even-numbered side have garbage cans out. While 1662 doesn't have a garbage can, there does appear to be garbage left at the curb for pickup, leading me to believe you're correct here. MOO

Daily Mail has a map that points to Person Ave and St Orleans as the area where the body was found contrary to other reports that say she was found at the 1600 block of Victor.

I just don't understand why CA would wash his clothes? Wouldn't it make more sense to dump his clothes in the trash? Is he so much of an idiot that he doesn't know that even after cleaning traces of blood can be found? He's certainly disorganized.
I also wonder where he got the vehicle from. It wasn't his, right? Was it owned by the company he worked for? Was he near a place he was supposed to clean? This is a long weekend, could he have put Eliza in a business place somewhere hoping that she wouldn't be found and he could return to move her?
he may not have much money...felons typically dont have much..sometimes one or two outfits

Another local posted a video of the drive down Central approaching Zach Curlin on the Find Eliza FB page. You can see that the area is well lit until you get to the dark intersection where she was abducted. Gave me absolute chills.
That makes me think it was not a spur of the moment abduction, he waited until Liza got to the darkest area. It was planned, IMO

It's 10:45 PM here on the East Coast, so I guess 9:45 in Memphis? I've been waiting, as have we all, to see if a confirmation will be made tonight about this being Eliza.

I'm guessing at this time we won't hear anything further tonight.

<modsnip: Do not discuss rumors

There are two little boys that in a few years will realize that whatever variation they'll hear now about how "Mommy lives right here, in your hearts" is due to the fact that some lowlife who couldn't keep it together for five consecutive minutes is the reason Mommy is gone.

I wish Eliza's parents strength. They don't look like they can bear it. I wish strength for her brother. I wish strength and some future happiness for the husband down the road.

I wish for the boys that when they grow up, they'll have each found a way to take this pain and make good lives for themselves. Grow up to be two of the good guys.

Eliza, I hope your impact in 34 years was enough to make your time on Earth worthwhile.
Based on teaching videos of Eliza that are posted upthread, it looks like she mapped out the entire early childhood curriculum through covid-teaching videos. Her young children are lucky in that they can learn from her while they are young, even though she is not there.

There were searches at parks and waterways the day she was abducted. The park near her house was searched that day.

Were police following his phone and car GPS pings?
  1. suspects shoes found at abduction site
  2. DNA connects shoes to suspect
  3. police track down suspect
  4. police go to suspect's house (girlfriend's house?)
  5. car belongs to girlfriend?
  6. suspect attempts to run, apprehended
  7. his cousin is apprehended
  8. police learn that suspect washed clothes at 7:50 on morning of abduction at cousin's house
  9. police investigate Macdonald's dumpster for clothing
  10. police investigate location where body is discovered
View attachment 364512
Does that make and model vehicle come with the dashboard GPS device that records where the car's been?

Ted Bundy hit his victims in the head, but he didn't kill them. They were temporarily knocked out. I don't think the suspect would go to so much trouble to be a necrophiliac.

Please add info ... when did he get off work?
When did he steal the wallet (stealing $900)

4:00 AM went for her usual run, usual route
4:20 AM approached by unknown person near 3879 Central Avenue
6:45 AM cyclist discovers suspect's footwear on road
6:45 AM Liza's phone and water bottle found in front of house near footwear
7:00 AM husband reported his wife missing from his home
7:45 AM university police and husband report Liza missing, police at location

View attachment 364502

7:50 a.m. Friday: Abston is seen going to the Memphis home of his brother — who was later charged with unconnected drug offenses. A witness later reports seeing the suspect “cleaning the interior of the GMC Terrain with floor cleaner and stated that he was behaving oddly.”

So that is 3.5 hours. 20 mins of which was spent driving to his brothers, and near the area where it EF's body is. He also went to McDonalds but we don't know when(don't know which one- trying to figure that out).

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Memphis Police department tweeted the following:
At 5:07 pm, officers in the 1600 block of Victor located a deceased party. The identity of this person and the cause of death is unconfirmed at this time. The investigation is ongoing.

Last edited:
Does that make and model vehicle come with the dashboard GPS device that records where the car's been?
Most cars these days come with GPS that can be read with a tool even if you don't buy a navigation system. They also store speed, braking and steering inputs and many other variables. But 2012/13-ish is right when those things became more ubiquitous.

That's a good point. So it would be more likely that he would have hoped to keep her alive in the aftermath. And the longer amount of time between abduction and showing up could potentially support that. Ugh :(((

FYI Carr street is EF's home--not CA's or the brothers. It is my understanding that was training for marathon and had run 5 miles over to U of M campus. The brother's home where CA washed his clothes/showed up was 1765 Orleans Street. Which is only 15 mins from site of abduction.

Also, we don't know that CA was working the night he hurt Liza, right? We just know he had worked late a prior night when he committed theft- right? Maybe employer didn't know about September 1 incident yet to fire him.
Didn't they say her car was involved, though? They took it in for checking. Did LE take it from her house, or had it been parked somewhere in the vicinity of the university prior to the abduction? I've heard/read both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate