Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.
Also was hugely impressed with Police Chief Longo in the awful Hannah Graham case (Charlottesville)
Feels the same as the murder of Hannah Graham. She was doing what she loved to do, like Liza, and they encountered the wrong person. They were grabbed, injured, pushed into a vehicle and driven to another location where they might have lived for a few more hours.

It looks like Hannah and Eliza were similarly taken to a run-down, dirty location that the suspect was familiar with, where the birds circled a few days later (human decay, residential area, 85F temps),

Did the suspect have a plan in the back of his mind for where to take someone like Eliza if he could grab one off the street?

Do we think we're waiting for DNA confirmation? Surely I hope there will be no family confirmation of remains. They are just thinking about doing everything perfectly for the future prosecution?

Daily Mail has a map that points to Person Ave and St Orleans as the area where the body was found contrary to other reports that say she was found at the 1600 block of Victor.

In this case, the Daily Mail is incorrect. The Memphis Police Dept says this on their Twitter account...

Memphis Police Dept
@MEM_PoliceDept
·
4h

At 5:07 pm, officers in the 1600 block of Victor located a deceased party. The identity of this person and the cause of death is unconfirmed at this time. The investigation is ongoing. Once additional information is available, we will provide an update.

Daily Mail has a map that points to Person Ave and St Orleans as the area where the body was found contrary to other reports that say she was found at the 1600 block of Victor.

I missed that one of his juvenile crimes was rape. Unbelievable. Since he was a juvenile when he committed that crime, does that mean he is not on the sex offender list? I know it wouldn’t have made a difference but curious about this.

I missed that one of his juvenile crimes was rape. Unbelievable. Since he was a juvenile when he committed that crime, does that mean he is not on the sex offender list? I know it wouldn’t have made a difference but curious about this.
I think we know he was charged as a minor, but I haven't seen proof of conviction. I believe this(juvenile record) information came directly from his kidnapping victim, the male attorney (in one of his writings).

Last edited:
Does that make and model vehicle come with the dashboard GPS device that records where the car's been?
I think it depends on the year of the vehicle, and whether it is leased. If leased, the leasing company has it GPS protected.

I was under the impression that the vehicle was in his girlfriend's name, that he was identified via DNA and tracked via cell records to his girlfriend's vehicle. If that's the case, perhaps it is a leased or monthly payment loan, meaning 100% GPS vehicle tracking.

Have police been following the vehicle GPS trail for the last 4 days?

Didn't they say her car was involved, though? They took it in for checking. Did LE take it from her house, or had it been parked somewhere in the vicinity of the university prior to the abduction? I've heard/read both.
I think they took her car and computer to look at her recent activity. At the time they knew she was missing but not necessarily kidnapped. We now know better but at that time they had to consider possibilities like an affair.

I realize nothing has been confirmed, but the area we are looking at is near Victor and Persons. I went to the GIS for Shelby County. This is a view of the woods just across from 1666 Victor. What is in the area I have circled? Anyone know?

View attachment 364508
According to Google Maps, it looks like a single family home (1646 Webb St) which had a fire sometime between 2011-2013 (you can see the burnt ceiling joints in the 2013 image). They began to repair it by 2014, but as of last image in 2019 it appears that work stopped, leaving the roof/2nd floor open.
9A27CA80-80E6-46FF-9788-6E2A84B68520.jpg
e262026d-1504-4771-8216-97318e723f5d-jpg.364521

Attachments

• E262026D-1504-4771-8216-97318E723F5D.jpg
    E262026D-1504-4771-8216-97318E723F5D.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 680
I think we know he was charged as a minor, but I haven't seen proof of conviction. I believe this information came directly from his kidnapping victim, the male attorney.
Okay. That’s the first time I had seen exact years and juvenile offenses listed (in the previously attached article). I thought I had just missed them. Maybe I did. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is true sadly.

I know in Md juveniles are not named, but that same juvenile now adult was convicted of the same charge and the Md case came up in court.

Jmo

I still had GIS open. Here is an aerial view.
View attachment 364511
Hi, @steeltowngirl. I used Google earth to find the structure you are trying to identify. It actually looks like a new build. It’s on Webb right by the lot at the end of Chestnut near the intersection of Victor.
The first photo is the structure. I marked it with a red x so you can see its location in relation to the second photo which is the actual intersection.

Attachments

• 17AD222F-1AD3-4DFF-9EE8-2319D7A0CB9A.jpeg
    17AD222F-1AD3-4DFF-9EE8-2319D7A0CB9A.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 40
  • E99582B4-C780-4EB9-B7F0-F7536A8662FB.jpeg
    E99582B4-C780-4EB9-B7F0-F7536A8662FB.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 39
Didn't they say her car was involved, though? They took it in for checking. Did LE take it from her house, or had it been parked somewhere in the vicinity of the university prior to the abduction? I've heard/read both.
EF ran to U of M campus. <modsnip> We have friends that captured EF passing by on their front door cameras that morning earlier in her run. So heavy.

LE towed her car from her house. Cited below. I am not privy to what they could potentially be hoping to find/gain from evidence in the car and would be curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
7:50 a.m. Friday: Abston is seen going to the Memphis home of his brother — who was later charged with unconnected drug offenses. A witness later reports seeing the suspect “cleaning the interior of the GMC Terrain with floor cleaner and stated that he was behaving oddly.”
Typically, randomly abducted women and children are dead within the hour. The suspect might have driven around for a while before deciding where to hide the body? Is that why police investigated dumpsters near MacDonald restaurants?

4:00 AM: went for her usual run, usual route
4:20 AM: approached by unknown person near 3879 Central Avenue
6:45 AM: cyclist discovers suspect's footwear on road
6:45 AM: Liza's phone and water bottle found in front of house near footwear
7:00 AM: husband reported his wife missing from his home
7:45 AM: university police and husband report Liza missing, police at location
7:50 AM Friday: suspect washing his clothing at his brother's house

Couple days later: body is found across the park from brother's home.

Do we think we're waiting for DNA confirmation? Surely I hope there will be no family confirmation of remains. They are just thinking about doing everything perfectly for the future prosecution?

JMO but they will not have the family identify! they will use DNA and/or dental. I’m sure they’re using quick testing like they did on his sandals so we will likely know soon (fingers crossed)

I think it depends on the year of the vehicle, and whether it is leased. If leased, the leasing company has it GPS protected.

I was under the impression that the vehicle was in his girlfriend's name, that he was identified via DNA and tracked via cell records to his girlfriend's vehicle. If that's the case, perhaps it is a leased or monthly payment loan, meaning 100% GPS vehicle tracking.

Have police been following the vehicle GPS trail for the last 4 days?
A couple of things... He was connected to the shoes at the obduction point through DNA. There was surveilance footage of a dark SUV in the area from which they got a partial license plate __DX__ or something like that. They had his address from his arrest earlier that day for the wallet theft. They went there and found the vehicle registered to a woman he was living with whose initials are GB.

We don't know if GB is his girlfriend. I think many have assumed she is and that is entirely possible. But I have reason to think she is a sister or cousin.

Police seem to have been following phone pings or vehicle GPS but that has not been confirmed. I am almost certain they are because they described that specific technique (phone pings) in the complaint affidavit.

Hi, @steeltowngirl. I used Google earth to find the structure you are trying to identify. It actually looks like a new build. It’s on Webb right by the lot at the end of Chestnut near the intersection of Victor.
The first photo is the structure. I marked it with a red x so you can see its location in relation to the second photo which is the actual intersection.
In the 2014 image it looks like a new build but the 2019 image shows the discolouration of the building materials and there are Google images of the house going back to 2008.

Okay. That’s the first time I had seen exact years and juvenile offenses listed (in the previously attached article). I thought I had just missed them. Maybe I did. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is true sadly.
Yes, if the victim didn't write/publish that info, I don't think we would be privy to the juvenile charges. His name is Kemper Durand and he may have been forward-thinking. He put the facts out there about this criminal. As a lawyer. he knew that the records were sealed. He went through a terrifying ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy