GUILTY TN - Emma Walker, 16, fatally shot, Knox Co, 21 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2m2 minutes ago
New witness being sworn in - Nathan Stansberry - an investigator with Knox County Sheriff's Office. Part of the crime scene unit, documents crime scene, process items, collect evidence #WATE #gaultrial

Shannon Smith WBIR@ShannonSmithTV
2m2 minutes ago
Nathan Stansberry, forensics officer with KCSO, takes the stand. He was assigned to the crime scene at Emma Walker's house. #GaulTrial @wbir

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
Photographs show inside Emma's bedroom, exterior, according to Stansberry #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
Right now photographs are simply being looked at by Stansberry. #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
9 more photos being handed to Stansberry from prosecution, a pillow from inside Emma's room is captured in photo #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
One photo, Stansberry explains, is investigators removing a projectile from Emma's pillow #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
Lights are now dim in courtroom -- we're looking at pictures of a hole in the wall that investigators took #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
Prosecution quickly scrolling through evidence pictures, investigators saying they put evidence markers throughout the scene #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
As a reminder, media has been asked not to record video of the pictures we're seeing because some are incredibly graphic, also show a juvenile #WATE #gaultrial

Robert Grant@RobertGrantWVLT
2h2 hours ago
Now looking at picture of pillow found next to Emma Walker where projectile was found. Hard for family and friends in the courtroom to watch. #GaulTrial @wvlt

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
Stansberry now explaining an evidence picture showing Emma's fatal wound. Incredibly heart wrenching to see...#WATE #gaultrial
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
We're getting a look inside Emma's bedroom when investigators were collecting evidence once they arrived #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2h2 hours ago
We're now looking at another series of photographs -- appears to be pillows investigators collected from Emma's room #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
Stansberry explaining as they took pictures, they removed the pillow case and used a sterile instrument to remove the projectile inside the pillow #WATE #gaultrial

1h1 hour ago
Stansberry explains process of collecting evidence from crime scene to jury. #GaulTrial @wvlt

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
Counsel is now speaking with the judge - testimony has been paused. #WATE #gaultrial just before prosecution asked Stansberry if they record video when collecting evidence

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
Judge has asked jurors to leave the courtroom. #WATE #gaultrial
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
We're now seeing video captured by investigators as they processed Emma Walker's home #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
Reminder: Jury is not in the courtroom right now as we watch this video #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
This video is incredibly chilling and hard to watch as we see crime scene tape and can hear crying in the background #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
Video showing investigator walking into Emma's room #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
Emma's parents still sitting inside the courtroom as we watch this video...my heart is in my throat. I simply cannot fathom the strength they are finding #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
Judge allowing the video - including sound to be shown to jurors #WATE #gaultrial

1h1 hour ago
Judge allowing only parts of the video to be shown to jury. Court in recess as they edit video down. #GaulTrial @wvlt

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
Court is in recess -- 15 minute break #WATE #gaultrial
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1h1 hour ago
Court is back in session. #GaulTrial @wvlt

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
1h1 hour ago
Prosecution referencing the 2 minute video investigators took when processing Emma Walker's home that day in November 2016 -- jurors watching what investigators saw while gathering evidence #WATE #gaultrial

56m56 minutes ago
Crime scene video is being shown to the jury. This will not be filmed, as it shows Emma Walker, a minor. The video starts in the yard of the Walkers' home. #GaulTrial @wbir

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
55m55 minutes ago
Prosecution now speaking with Stansberry who is an investigator with KCSO who is referencing a projectile found inside Emma Walker's pillow #WATE #gaultrial
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
53m53 minutes ago
Defense questioning Stansberry about his career, training, etc. #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
49m49 minutes ago
We're hearing from defense and Stansberry - a KCSO investigator - that Emma had been moved before investigators got there #WATE #gaultrial

48m48 minutes ago
Officer Stansberry talks about the crime scene, telling which other officers were on scene and describing video, pictures of evidence. He talks about one of the 9mm shells that did not hit Walker #GaulTrial @wbir

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
47m47 minutes ago
Inside the room was as it was -- Emma's room -- before investigators got there according to defense and Stansberry #WATE #gaultrial

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
43m43 minutes ago
Judge has dismissed Deputy Stansberry. The next witness is being called in #WATE #gaultrial
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

39m39 minutes ago
Capt. Miles Park with KCSO now takes the stand. He supervised the crime scene. #GaulTrial @wvlt

21m21 minutes ago
No more questions from defense or prosecution for Capt. Park #GaulTrial @wvlt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is such a sad case... and they have so much evidence against him... I'm surprised how few people are following it.

18m18 minutes ago
Jury has left the courtroom as judge analyzes 3D imaging from crime scene. #GaulTrial @wvlt

5m5 minutes ago
Judge McGee says the #GaulTrial will most likely go to 6pm tonight before the jury is released for the weekend @wbir
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No more tweets so far, but court still in session.....

14m14 minutes ago
Judge McGee tells the jury he’s working to get this case into their hands as soon as he can next week. He tells them to arrive in court Monday at 9:30. Court is dismissed #GaulTrial @wbir
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William Riley Gaul Trial Day 4 Part 1 Andrew Walker Stanley Testifies 05/04/18

[video=youtube;w7Q4clTVC7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Q4clTVC7Q[/video]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William Riley Gaul Trial Day 4 Part 2 Forensics Officer Testifies 05/04/18

[video=youtube;uM_XNtRLafk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_XNtRLafk[/video]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the updates, Y/N. I will try to get caught up.

Yes YESorNO!! :tyou: for the tweets and all the videos of the trial!

:yourock:

William Riley Gaul fired fatal shots and then slept, testimony showed (with clip)

"After sneaking into the back yard of his estranged girlfriend’s house and firing two shots into two walls in her bedroom – both aimed at where she was sleeping - former Maryville College football player William Riley Gaul returned to his dorm and went to sleep, testimony Friday showed.

“He said he’d been out,” testified Walker Stanley, Gaul’s roommate and football teammate...

Two walls, two bullets

Walker was asleep on her bed inside her North Knox County home when a bullet from a gun Gaul stole from his grandfather’s vehicle traveled through her bedroom wall and struck her in the side of her head, just behind her ear. Crime scene evidence shown to jurors Friday suggested Walker died instantly....

n the hours before the fatal shooting, Stanley said Gaul asked him if he knew how to remove fingerprints from a gun. After Walker was discovered dead, Stanley said Gaul told him “not to talk to police” about that.

Testimony Thursday showed Gaul asked friend Noah Walton the same question but insisted he was asking on behalf of Stanley...."

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...aul-went-bed-after-girlfriend-shot/579590002/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Football Player Who Killed Cheerleader Ex Asked Friends to Ditch Gun: ‘I'm Trusting You Guys with My Life’

"The college football player on trial for killing his cheerleader ex-girlfriend allegedly tried to enlist friends to help him get rid of the gun used to shoot her — a request they secretly captured on video for authorities, multiple outlets report.

For more than two hours, jurors watched a video showing ex-Maryville College wide receiver William Riley Gaul, 19, trying to convince his friends that he didn’t shoot his ex-girlfriend, Emma Walker, 16, with a gun he stole from his grandfather’s house, the Knoxville News Sentinel reports.

“I had the gun because I was scared,” Gaul is heard saying in the video, which his friends recorded using wire and audio given to them by the Knoxville County Sheriff’s Office, local station WATE reports....

In the video, some of which was seen by PEOPLE, Gaul explains that he was concerned for his safety after a purported kidnapping attempt he would later admit was staged.

“One thousand one percent, I never would [shoot Walker]. I would hurt myself before I hurt Emma,” he says on the video, the News Sentinel reports....

In the video, Gaul becomes angry with his friends for telling authorities he had stolen his grandfather’s gun; he asks them to lie for him by saying they misheard him.

“You just tell them you were on acid, high and drunk, and you didn’t understand me,” Gaul said, the News Sentinel reports. “Yeah, just do that, because they don’t know anything or I would be in jail right now … You’re in an altered state of mind, so you didn’t know what you were saying.”

He then asks his friends help him get rid of the gun because he says he fears authorities will think he killed Walker — even though he claims on the video that he did not.

“If I throw it with enough force, if it’s the Tennessee River, they will never find it,” he says in the video, adding, “I’m trusting you guys with my life because this is 70 years in jail if I’m convicted of something I didn’t do.”

In the video, Gaul says he is not grieving Walker’s death because he is worried about being suspected in her death.

“I want to be upset but I can’t,” Gaul says in the video, adding that he is too “worried” about being arrested, the News Sentinel reports...."

http://people.com/crime/football-player-accused-killing-cheerleader-ex-asked-friends-ditch-gun/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most if the vudeos were hard to hear clearly for me. What did happen with the gun ... was it found? [if I read it here, I can’t remember. Sorry]

Most if the vudeos were hard to hear clearly for me. What did happen with the gun ... was it found? [if I read it here, I can’t remember. Sorry]

Yes, the sound quality of LIVE trial stream is very, very, bad -- so frustrating. However, select "segments" of trial video on newscast are improved or audible.

The gun was found: RG was under surveillance after his friends contacted police informing them RG had gun. In cooperation with Investigators, two friends of RG were wired, and drove RG to the "bluffs" where RG intended to throw the gun in the river. Police surrounded vehicle, ordered RG and two others out of the car and arrested RG with gun in his possession. The hidden wire audio of arrest was played at trial. Again, the video available outside of court view is barely audible!!

Only one source providing LIVE trial feed and claim court will not allow microphone.....

Prosecutor presented 3D Imaging of crime scene on Friday that was very powerful. Accordingly, RG jumped fence into the backyard of victims home, fired gun shot at back wall. RG jumped back over the fence and fired again at side wall before fleeing scene. Wow.. enough time and effort to form intent IMO!

Take note RG has already admitted guilt to firing shots (at the outside residence wall).

Yes, the sound quality of LIVE trial stream is very, very, bad -- so frustrating. However, select "segments" of trial video on newscast are improved or audible.

The gun was found: RG was under surveillance after his friends contacted police informing them RG had gun. In cooperation with Investigators, two friends of RG were wired, and drove RG to the "bluffs" where RG intended to throw the gun in the river. Police surrounded vehicle, ordered RG and two others out of the car and arrested RG with gun in his possession. The hidden wire audio of arrest was played at trial. Again, the video available outside of court view is barely audible!!

Only one source providing LIVE trial feed and claim court will not allow microphone.....

Here's a link to ABC6 newscast with audible secret wire recording, and the arrest of RG at the "bluffs."

http://www.wate.com/news/local-news...ody-camera-footage-of-gauls-arrest/1157726993

Seattle 1, thank you for all your helpful updates. You filled in many blanks for me that I either missed or skimmed over too quickly. And that link to ”audible” secret recording -thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha
Back