GUILTY TN - Emma Walker, 16, fatally shot, Knox Co, 21 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
‘He Agrees He Did It’: Closing Arugments in Trial of Teen Accused of Murdering Cheerleader

"“He agrees he did it.”

That’s one way prosecutor Kevin Allen characterized the trial tactics of accused killer William Riley Gaul during closing arguments Tuesday morning and early afternoon. The former Division III college football player is on trial for the murder of his former girlfriend Emma Walker, who was a high school cheerleader.

Allen accused Gaul of “creeping into [the victim’s] yard at three o’clock in the morning and discharging a gun into her bedroom wall while she slept.” He also accused Gaul of lying to a number of people, including his friends, mother, and grandfather. He said the defendant’s “deceit” and “lies” were evidence of his guilt.

“The biggest whopper of them all,” Allen said, was when Gaul claimed he was crying in the parking lot of his college athletic center over his failed relationship with the victim during the time he was really at her house shooting her through her bedroom wall. Cell phone records proved Gaul was not in the lot, Allen said.

“This case is worthy of convicting him on every count,” Allen said. Gaul “was possessive, he was manipulative, he was controlling, he was toxic,” Allen argued....

The defense argued that Gaul staged the kidnapping, dressed in black on previous incidents, and eventually fired into the house in a twisted attempt to get Walker to talk to him or possibly to seek comfort in his arms....

With Gaul admitting he pulled the trigger, the case comes down to a question for jurors about mental state. They need to decide whether the shooting was premeditated, intentional, reckless, or negligent."

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ial-of-teen-accused-of-murdering-cheerleader/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking "reckless homicide" because I also think he was just shooting into the bedroom.

I hope they have a verdict by tomorrow as I have lots to do home and in the garden..

And I hate verdict watch.....UGH

I'm with you on that - like you've said - it's like watching paint dry....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dry.jpg
    Dry.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 122
I have to say - the Mods were quick in putting up the Verdict Watch on the thread. When I posted my post, I hit the Alert to let them know!

:yourock:

and so do you YESorNO!!! :clap:

:tyou: for the doing the tweets!

Thank you for the great updates on this case! I appreciate it!

William Riley Gaul Trial Prosecution Closing Argument 05/08/18

[video=youtube;-SG5gvB4m4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SG5gvB4m4M[/video]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William Riley Gaul Trial Defense Closing Argument 05/08/18

[video=youtube;4syL9kqJF3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4syL9kqJF3A[/video]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William Riley Gaul Trial Prosecution Rebuttal Closing Argument 05/08/18

[video=youtube;ygqqDL0ifig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygqqDL0ifig[/video]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yosha Gunasekera and Jesse Weber Talk William Riley Gaul Trial on Law & Crime Network 05/08/18

[video=youtube;qI2udebOegs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI2udebOegs[/video]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here Are the Charges William Riley Gaul Faces in Cheerleader Ex-Girlfriend Murder Trial

"...Here is the list of seven charges on the original indictment, along with their possible punishments. We have updated our original post to discuss the lesser-included offenses the judge added before deliberations...

(1) First-Degree Murder...

,,, prosecutors have not sought the death penalty, so any punishment, if there is a conviction, would be a life sentence — either with or without the chance at parole....

.....(1)(A) Second-Degree Murder — Lesser Included Offense....

.....(1)(B) Voluntary Manslaughter — Lesser Included Offense....

.....(1)(C) Reckless Homicide — Lesser Included Offense....

.....(1)(D) Criminally Negligent Homicide — Lesser Included Offense....

(2) Stalking (with Bodily Injury and a Deadly Weapon)....

(3) Theft of Property (Grandfather’s Gun)....

(4) Hiding the Gun....

(5) Reckless Endangerment (Firing Gun into a Habitation). GUILTY PLEA BEFORE TRIAL....

(6) Employing a Firearm during a Dangerous Felony....

(7) Killing During Aggravated Child Abuse....."

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...eader-ex-girlfriend-emma-walker-murder-trial/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
7m7 minutes ago
#RileyGaul - Coming up on 2 hours of deliberations in the #GaulTrial. No questions from the jury yet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he did aim at her head. Its just far too coincidental that both shots are directly at that spot in the room. Takes a bit of effort to jump the fence and then aim at the same spot.

Hope he gets a very long prison sentence. He doesn't look like he will handle that environment very well.

Louis Fernandez Jr@LouisWBIR
4m4 minutes ago
Riley Gaul just walked by and is now sitting with his family. Still no word on the jury's status #GaulTrial @wbir

2m2 minutes ago
I've been told Judge McGee will let the jury deliberate today until 6 or 6:30, after that, the deliberation would continue to Wednesday #GaulTrial @wbir

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
4m4 minutes ago
#RileyGaul - The jury has been deliberating approximately 3 hours.

Michael Patrick@michaelpix
38m38 minutes ago
Family and friends of Emma Walker waiting for a jury verdict in her murder case. @knoxnews @jamiescoop

Dcs20MxWAAAYpJM.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12m12 minutes ago
Moving past 5 p.m. here at the city-county building and still no word on jury deliberation #GaulTrial @wbir

:waiting:

Donovan Long@WVLTDonovan
3m3 minutes ago
After four hours of deliberating, the jury has reached a verdict. I am standing by in the courtroom @wvlt #GaulTrial

2m2 minutes ago
Judge McGee has entered the room, the court is now in session #GaulTrial @wbir

Robert Grant@RobertGrantWVLT
4m4 minutes ago
Judge addressing courtroom: “There are to be no protests. Whatever the verdict is, we will respect it.” #GaulTrial @wvlt

4m4 minutes ago
The jury is now entering the courtroom. #GaulTrial @wbir

2m2 minutes ago
VERDICT: The jury has found Riley Gaul guilty of the first degree murder of Emma Walker #GaulTrial @wbir

Donovan Long@WVLTDonovan
55s56 seconds ago

VERDICT:

GUILTY of first degree murder

NOT GUILTY of *especially aggravated stalking

GUILTY of stalking

GUILTY of theft

NOT GUILTY of employing firearm

GUILTY of possession of firearm

GUILTY of felony murder

@wvlt #GaulTrial

Members online