Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these people part of the family from season 1 of my fat gypsy wedding that was filmed here in WV.They have been in trouble and in the news since their appearance on the show and have family all through the south.Travelers would be well equipped to hide a baby.

Honestly...once she gets a lawyer she's not going to talk at all! LE has three possible outcomes here: 1) find Evelyn safely, 2) find Evelyn's body and sufficient evidence to charge someone, 3) not find Evelyn and try to make a case against someone without direct physical evidence.

1 is best, 2 can be prosecuted, 3 is a prosecutorial nightmare. LE is likely hoping there are kernels of truth in what she's saying enough that they can get to 1 or 2. If they reach a dead end they may get fed up and charge her under the theory that more pressure may make her talk. It doesn't always work - a smug client and a good lawyer are never great for an investigation. Some defendants just clam up even more under the advice of counsel.

Also once someone is charged with a crime, they are entitled to certain Constitutional protections like the right to a speedy trial. So you really want to have your case made or enough to sustain a challenge to the probable cause affidavit before someone is charged. Some states also require grand jury indictments for certain crimes so you have to have enough to get an indictment there.

If someone's just twisting in the wind as a vague POI or suspect, they don't have many rights besides the rights that come up when suspects are questioned.

Ah, you may be right about that. Or perhaps Evelyn's Dad's father? I don't know, man!

I hear ya. I'm confused about almost everything at this point. I don't understand how anyone can say what this child was last seen wearing, when we don't even know who the hell saw her last...I'm confused about whether DCS was involved with the family prior to the missing person report or if that happened afterwards...I'm confused about this stupid car, and whether or not it's a real lead or just some nonsense MB threw out to muddy the waters...UGH !

I hear ya. I'm confused about almost everything at this point. I don't understand how anyone can say what this child was last seen wearing, when we don't even know who the hell saw her last...I'm confused about whether DCS was involved with the family prior to the missing person report or if that happened afterwards...I'm confused about this stupid car, and whether or not it's a real lead or just some nonsense MB threw out to muddy the waters...UGH !

You're not alone. ;):eek::oops:

The only thing I don't feel confused about is what the outcome of this is likely to be.
I think the rest of it is intentionally confusing and misleading :(

Well, that press conference wasn't exactly lifting my hopes any.

I too am thinking about Diane Downs, Susan Smith, Casey Anthony. A group of crows is called a murder; what you do you call the group of mothers who dispose of their children like trash?

MOO
Trying to catch up, Dr all morning. But I have a n accurate reply....but I can't post as I'd be banned. It starts like this: $%(+'*)!!\=%$#!!
MY HONEST OPINION.

What's interesting to me is the mention of the broken arm, and the emphasis on the fact that it happened under her father's care. Why and how does that relate to him never seeing Evelyn? Did he ask Maggie, the mother, "hey where is your kid?" and she said something like "with her father, she broke her arm there" or did that information come out in other coversation like her saying "I can't believe my baby broke her arm at her dad's house". Either way, it's weird that he mentioned it. Maybe he shared that info because that was the only thing he knows about Evelyn, and that would mean that the mother never said anything else about her baby daughter. She's at such a cute age too, walking, first words, laughing a bunch, even dancing a little bit, actually playing with toys... when parents don't talk much about a baby in that stage I always find it a little weird, but I obviously don't know if that's the case with Evelyn and her mother.
I don't see anything wrong with the way the ex-broyfriend was talking about the baby. To me, it sounded like someone professional-like. Nothing wrong with that. He has a business and having small town talk about him and his relationship to a mother that didn't report her daughter missing for two whole months is not good for any business. It doesn't seem like he can help much with the case either, just that Maggie didn't seem to have the baby in the weeks he dated her.

This case just keeps getting weirder and weirder. IF someone in the family is part of the Traveler community, that baby can be long gone. Very much alive, but long gone. IMO

What's interesting to me is the mention of the broken arm, and the emphasis on the fact that it happened under her father's care. Why and how does that relate to him never seeing Evelyn? Did he ask Maggie, the mother, "hey where is your kid?" and she said something like "with her father, she broke her arm there" or did that information come out in other coversation like her saying "I can't believe my baby broke her arm at her dad's house". Either way, it's weird that he mentioned it. Maybe he shared that info because that was the only thing he knows about Evelyn, and that would mean that the mother never said anything else about her baby daughter. She's at such a cute age too, walking, first words, laughing a bunch, even dancing a little bit, actually playing with toys... when parents don't talk much about a baby in that stage I always find it a little weird, but I obviously don't know if that's the case with Evelyn and her mother.
I don't see anything wrong with the way the ex-broyfriend was talking about the baby. To me, it sounded like someone professional-like. Nothing wrong with that. He has a business and having small town talk about him and his relationship to a mother that didn't report her daughter missing for two whole months is not good for any business. It doesn't seem like he can help much with the case either, just that Maggie didn't seem to have the baby in the weeks he dated her.
You bring up something I didn’t think to question. How would something like a broken arm come up in a casual relationship? I mean I know why he shared it because he is being crucified on SM. But how it came up originally is a very good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee