TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kaylyn Kluck WJHL on Twitter
BREAKING: A resident living inside the trailer that was just searched as part of the Evelyn Boswell investigation tells me investigators took “a brown bag” from below the trailer
1:46 PM - 28 Feb 2020

Person living in trailer near Boone Lake says investigators dug underneath and around property
[...]

ZW said investigators were at his home for about 15 to 20 minutes as they searched.

ZW told Kaylyn he had only lived there a few months. He also said, “I know they might have lived here for quite a while, but that’s all I know.”

[...]

To that Kaylyn asked, “Megan and Evelyn?”

ZW said, “Yeah.”

ZW told Kaylyn that investigators dug around back where “they saw some soft ground” and that they also dug underneath the trailer.

[...]

ZW said, “That was the first time they had an investigation team but there were a couple of detectives that have come here before.”

[...]

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Twitter
LATEST: We've now received more than 750 tips in connection to the search for Evelyn Boswell. There have been no confirmed sightings. Investigators continue to track down leads in an effort to find her. Please call 1-800-TBI-FIND with relevant information. #TNAMBERAlert
ER5DXClWoAE5_wj.png

4:07 PM - 28 Feb 2020

FEB 28, 2020
Authorities investigating reported sighting of Evelyn Boswell at North Carolina KFC
[...]

Reports from WJHL also indicate that the mother of Evelyn Boswell, Megan Boswell, is not pregnant despite telling several news outlets she was.

They said records from the Sullivan County Jail showed there were only four pregnant women being held on Monday prior to Megan Boswell being booked at 9:19 p.m. Monday.

That number didn’t change when she was booked. It did change later that evening when another woman was booked into the system at 11 p.m.

[...]

FEB 28, 2020
Witness: Investigators took evidence from mobile home during search for Evelyn Boswell
The man who lives at the mobile home which took center stage in the search for Evelyn Boswell Friday afternoon said investigators took something from the scene.

"They pretty much searched all throughout my house. But they didn't really take anything from inside the house they just found whatever they did under the house," said ZW.

ZW said he believes Evelyn and her mother Megan Boswell lived at the trailer for "quite a while" and that investigators took something from under the trailer in a brown bag.

ZW also told WJHL he saw investigators digging up "soft ground" near the mobile home.

[...]

FEB 28, 2020
Property records: Mobile home park at center of Evelyn Boswell owned by family

evidence2.JPG

[...]

The mobile home park is located near Sugar Hollow Road and Buffalo Road.

Online property tax records for Sullivan County list that the trailer park, Lakeshore RV Park on Sugar Hollow Road, is owned by TB Jr.

[...]

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation confirmed their agents were at the scene executing a search warrant.

At around 4 p.m. on February 28, TBI said there had been more than 750 tips about Evelyn, but no sightings.

[...]

FEB 28, 2020
Mobile home, property searched in missing girl investigation
Authorities were looking for a pillow and a piece of Styrofoam when they searched a mobile home near Boone Lake on Friday in the ongoing investigation into Blountville toddler Evelyn Boswell’s disappearance, according to search warrant documents.

[...]

A search warrant was written by TBI Special Agent David Gratz. It sought any forensic evidence or any clothing or personal infant articles of Evelyn, according to a document shown to the Bristol Herald Courier.

During the search early Friday afternoon, investigators recovered something from under the trailer in a brown or orange-colored bag, Warfield said. The underside of the trailer is accessible through an open hole, but it wasn’t clear exactly what was retrieved, and ZW did not see what investigators found.

[...]

Detectives have been to the trailer at least two other times during their investigation and found a stroller during one of the visits, ZW said.

ZW’s family lived in another trailer on a nearby lot for about a month before moving into the one they currently occupy about two months ago, ZW said. However, ZW did not remember seeing Evelyn or Megan Boswell, Evelyn’s mother.

[...]

FEB 29, 2020
Blountville business collecting food donations for law enforcement searching for Evelyn Boswell
A Blountville, Tennessee business is collecting non-perishable food items to donate to law enforcement involved in the active AMBER Alert case for missing 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell.

Tangles Hair Studio & Tanning owner and employees got together and decided to give back to the men and women searching for the missing toddler.

Community rallies around officers during search for missing toddler
[...]

This week, Jones and Watkins joined dozens of other locals in bringing their deputies meals. They've even offered them free haircuts throughout March.

[...]

...for officers like Chief Tracey Kittrell, it's more than enough.

"It's evident, I mean you can tell I don't need anymore food," he said, laughing and patting his stomach. "But it doesn't stop anyone!"

[...]

"February's not a," he said, pausing, "it's not a great month for us, period."

That's because February also marks one year since his colleague Sergeant Steve Hinkle was killed while on duty in a shootout with a man who'd barricaded himself inside his home.

[...]

Adding in the difficult Boswell case, Kittrell says their support means everything.

"Gives you a little spring in your step and it re-charges you for the mission," he said.

[...]

Caleb Perhne WCYB on Twitter
In the search for Evelyn Boswell, local businesses are raising money for the reward for information and now to buy food for officers working long hours. The full story is tonight on News 5.
ER9juALXkAgIwTo.jpg

1:01 PM - 29 Feb 2020

Last edited:
MAR 1, 2020
Evelyn Boswell: Missing Tennessee toddler's family racked by chaos
[...]

“You’re all vultures,” he told the USA TODAY Network's Knox News this week in an encounter at the Boswell family compound in the tiny town of Blountville where Evelyn once lived.

[...]

... Search warrants have been obtained, authorities have confirmed, but remain sealed. ...

[...]

Angela Boswell was just 16 when she gave birth to Tommy Boswell Sr.’s first son – Tommy Jr. – in 1993. ...

The couple, records show, eventually moved to Bulls Gap, Tennessee. In March 2001, Angela Boswell gave birth to the couple’s second child – Megan Boswell, Evelyn’s mother. Angela married Tommy Boswell Sr. a few months later.

By 2009, the couple was back in Sullivan County, settling the kids in a manufactured home atop a hill on a family-owned plot of land.

... In March of that year, Tommy Boswell Sr. told deputies his wife attacked him, stabbing his neck with an ink pen, and struggling with their then-14-year-old son, Tommy Jr., as he tried to rescue his dad.

[...]

It was a cold February morning in 2012 when Brandon Yates and Angela Boswell awakened to shouts from outside the Muddy Creek home in which they had been sleeping, court records stated.

[...]

“Brandon said that he was about half way down the driveway to Muddy Creek Road when he observed a grey colored Chevrolet pickup truck with ‘Tommy’s Paving’ on the side … heading straight for him,” the warrant states.

[...]

Seventeen months later, a reunited Tommy Boswell Sr. and his wife celebrated the birth of another son, Elijah. Tommy Boswell Sr. and his son soon struck plea deals in the Yates assault, garnering probation.

[...]

Angela Boswell filed for divorce from her husband in September 2014 – two months before Elijah’s first birthday. Megan Boswell was 13. She wanted custody of both. She got the divorce over with a year later in an agreed settlement entered at a hearing Tommy Boswell Sr. didn’t attend.

A year later, the couple were celebrating another birth – Charlotte Boswell. ...

It was early fall of 2018 and the Boswells were separated again. Angela Boswell was shuffling the three children – a pregnant Megan plus Elijah and Charlotte – between the Muddy Creek compound, her father’s home in Kingsport and an apartment in Johnson City, records show.

[...]

“I am in fear for myself and my children, Megan, Elijah and Charlotte Boswell,” he wrote. “She is using illegal drugs in front of our children. She is exposing our children to criminals.”

Tommy Boswell Sr. won his request and moved the children back to Muddy Creek. Angela Boswell, nabbed trying to sneak stimulant pills into jail, was behind bars when Megan's baby Evelyn was born, records show.

[...]

Evelyn’s father, Ethan Perry, joined the military before she was born. ...

[...]

Photographs of Evelyn suggest she and her mom were living at the Boswell family compound with Megan Boswell’s two younger siblings at some point before she disappeared.

[...]

Angela Boswell was continuing to rack up arrests in 2019 for shoplifting and driving offenses. Sometimes, she told authorities she was living at Muddy Creek. Other times, she listed her father’s address or the Kingsport apartment.

[...]

“You can say whatever you want about me being a young mom, but I promise you my life is so much better with this angel,” she wrote. “My life wasn’t ruined when I had her, she gave me a purpose and a reason to wake up every day and to better myself. There’s no love like the love from your child!”

Five months later, Megan Boswell hasn't explained where her angel is.

MAR 1, 2020
TBI: Tip count reaches 798, still no confirmed sighting of Evelyn Boswell
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation officials Sunday told News Channel 11 that the agency had received 798 tips regarding the location of missing 15-moth-old Evelyn Boswell.

On Sunday, day 12 of the active AMBER Alert for the missing toddler, authorities say “there have been no confirmed sightings of Evelyn Boswell.”

[...]

“The court documents pertaining to the case (search warrants, etc.) are sealed per an order from Judge Jim Goodwin,” Seabolt said. “We cannot speak regarding any evidence that may have been collected.”

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back