TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FEB 21, 2020
New vehicle information released in Tennessee AMBER Alert of 1-year-old baby
[...]

... Officers are not releasing the identity of the individuals in the vehicle they're looking for.

[...]

... However, she wasn't reported as a missing child until Feb. 18, 2020 when officers got a Department of Children's Services referral from Boswell's grandfather.

Sullivan County law enforcement believe that Boswell is in imminent danger, but they do believe Boswell is alive. ...

When asked if the mother was a suspect in the case, officers said "no one is counted out as a suspect." Officers said the mother's story isn't matching up with evidence they've gathered in the case.

[...]

TBI said some information can't be released to the public because it would hurt the investigation. So far, 200 tips have been reported.

"I don't disregard anything," an officer said when asked if Boswell had been kidnapped.

[...]

FEB 21, 2020
Sheriff Cassidy believes Evelyn Boswell is alive, says mother's info is not accurate
[...]

Sullivan County Sheriff Jeff Cassidy says family members haven't seen Boswell for weeks. He says a babysitter last reported seeing Boswell on December 11.

Cassidy said he believes Evelyn is still alive.

[...]

Cassidy says the information Maggie Boswell has told them is not accurate. He says some of the things Maggie has said doesn't lead up to the information authorities have checked on.

[...]

The TBI is searching for a 2007 BMW with Tennessee license plate 3M9-6W9. Authorities believe the driver could have information regarding Evelyn. Cassidy did not call the person a suspect.

[...]

The TBI says they have received more than 200 tips, but there is some information they cannot release for fear it will hurt the investigation.

The Sheriff is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to bringing Evelyn home.

[...]

Josh Smith on Twitter
AMBER ALERT for Evelyn Boswell in Sullivan County: Sheriff Jeff Cassidy says "finding Evelyn Boswell is our top concern"... says it is a case unlike any he's ever seen. Says the case began with a DCS referral on Tuesday. The child's mother Maggie Bowsell & father Ethan Perry...
2:04 PM - 21 Feb 2020

Josh Smith on Twitter
...are involved in the investigation. Cassidy repeats that family members haven't seen the child for two months. A person of interest has been involved. Gray 2007 BMS 3M9-6W9. The Sheriff has donated $1000 for a reward.
2:04 PM - 21 Feb 2020

FEB 21, 2020
If Evelyn Boswell disappeared in December, why did it take months to issue an Amber Alert?
[...]

Among the updates:
  • A babysitter may have been the last person to see Evelyn, on a date much earlier than had first been reported.
  • The child's grandfather reported her missing. The Tennessee Department of Children's Services immediately launched an investigation.
  • Both the child's mother and father, who are not married, have been involved in the investigation.
  • Police are looking for the owner of the BMW because "we just think that they have some additional information that can lead us to the contact or resulting in finding this child," Cassidy, the sheriff, said.
  • Evelyn's mother has full custody of the child. Her father is in the military, stationed in Louisiana.
  • Cassidy said he is personally offering $1,000 to anyone who offers information that leads to the safe return of the child. He asked others to contribute, too, "to bring sweet Evelyn home."
[...]

FEB 21, 2020
Megan Boswell, Mother of Missing Evelyn: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com
[...]

Evelyn Boswell was declared missing on February 18, 2020. In the Tennessee database of missing children, Evelyn’s name appears with the note: “Evelyn was entered as a missing child on Tuesday February 18, 2020 but was reportedly last seen on December 26, 2019.” It also describes her as “a 15-month old, white female, 2 ft tall, 28 lbs., with blonde hair and blue eyes. Evelyn was last seen wearing a pink tracksuit, pink shoes, and a pink bow.”

It’s unclear why the girl wasn’t reported missing earlier. Evelyn’s grandfather is the one who finally reported her missing. Leslie Earhart, TBI spokesperson, told NBC News that “Investigators are trying to determine why she wasn’t reported missing until this week.”

[...]

He said that they believe Evelyn is still alive and also that a babysitter was the last non-family member to see her, on December 10 or 11. During the press conference, a reporter asked when the mother or father saw Evelyn last, and Cassidy answered: “I’m not gonna go with what the mother stated because, like I said, some of the conflicting stories are inaccurate.” Instead, he said he’s “going on” the date the babysitter gave.

[...]

According to Sheriff Cassidy’s press conference, Megan Boswell had full custody of Evelyn.

[...]

Megan Boswell has a few different profiles on Facebook, though it’s not clear why. She has one profile under the name Maggie Boswell, which includes a lot of photos of her child. ...

She has another profile under the name Maggie Wood, and this one has the same cover photo of Evelyn that TBI is using for the AMBER alert. That picture was uploaded on November 3, 2019. ...

[...]

FEB 21, 2020
Ballad Health, others contributing more than $30,000 to help find Evelyn Boswell
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office has announced Ballad Health and CEO Alan Levine, Fuller Paving Group, and Sheriff Jeff Cassidy are all contributing to a reward to help find Evelyn Boswell.

The department says Ballad Health is contributing $25,000, Alan Levine is contributing $5,000, and Fuller Paving Group is adding $2,000 on top of the $1,000 Sheriff Cassidy promised in a press conference earlier today.

[...]

FEB 21, 2020
Megan Boswell says she knows who has Evelyn, claims she was afraid to report her missing
[...]

"Well the reason I didn't report it or anything was I knew the person who had her, and I didn't want them to run away with her," Boswell said. "And as soon as they thought anything was going on they just kinda vanished. So I'm just kinda worried, you know, about where they are at. What they're doing with her at this point in time."

She says that Evelyn was with a person she trusted to watch her daughter while she was at work.

[...]

But Boswell says she cannot name names.

"In a way I knew that as soon as anything went down this person was going to disappear and they have. And they have tried to find them... They won't answer phone calls. They just kinda disappeared."

[...]

"Yeah I probably would have called the first day. I should have. But I just didn't want them to run with her, like they have now."

[...]

FEB 21, 2020
Grandfather of missing Evelyn said he called DCS, hasn’t seen her since Thanksgiving
[...]

Tommy Boswell Sr., the grandfather of Evelyn Boswell, told News Channel 11’s Kelly Grosfield he has not seen her since Thanksgiving.

“I don’t know what happened, but I’m the one who called DCS and got this started…I ain’t slept nights, I’ve cried like a baby. I just want my grandbaby to come home,” Boswell Sr. said.

[...]

In Friday’s interview with Tommy Boswell Sr., said he and his son, Tommy Boswell Jr. would each be putting up $10,000 for Evelyn’s safe return.

“Yes ma’am. when I come down here earlier, when I heard it, I told Tom we get $10,000 a piece reward and ain’t nobody say nothing about it,” Boswell Sr. said.

Last edited:
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Twitter
UPDATE: The gray BMW has been located in Wilkes County, NC, along with the individuals authorities were hoping to speak with. The investigation remains ongoing. Evelyn Boswell is still missing. Please continue to share her photo. Spot her? Call 1-800-TBI-FIND. #TNAMBERAlert

5:30 PM · Feb 21, 2020·TweetDeck

FEB 21, 2020
TBI finds gray BMW in connection to AMBER Alert issued for missing 15-month-old from Sullivan County, Tenn.
[...]

The TBI said the vehicle was located in Wilkes County, North Carolina along with individuals the TBI was hoping to speak with. Evelyn remains missing, according to the TBI.

[...]

The sheriff's office was notified on Tuesday by the State of Tennessee Department of Children's Services. Evelyn "was last seen by certain family members near the end of November 2019 and the first of December 2019."

The TBI said the child was reportedly last seen on Dec. 26, 2019 and wasn't reported missing until Tuesday, Feb. 18.

[...]

Sullivan County, TN Sheriff's Office
The search for Evelyn Boswell continues. We are appreciative of the information that has been sent and we encourage those that still have information to call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

As Sheriff Cassidy stated, the reward for the safe return of Evelyn Boswell has been established. Below are the contributors to the reward and the list will be updated.

Sheriff Jeff Cassidy - $1,000
Alan Levine - $5,000
Ballad Health - $25,000
Fuller Paving Group - $2,000

Josh Breslow on Twitter
JUST IN: TBI reports the BMW sought in connection with the disappearance of 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell has been located in Wilkes County, NC, along with the people investigators wanted to speak with. Evelyn has NOT been located. Info? 800-TBI-FIND! @WKRN
ERV-xzxXUAAWlFZ.jpg

8:34 PM - 21 Feb 2020 from Mount Juliet, TN

Josh Breslow on Twitter
MORE: Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office tells me *2* people their department wants to speak with about Evelyn Boswell’s disappearance were found inside that BMW in Wilkes County, NC. “WE have NOT made any arrests in connection with the missing child case,” Capt. Andy Seabolt says.
ERWPMEjX0AET83H.jpg

9:46 PM - 21 Feb 2020

FEB 21, 2020
Two TN residents arrested in N.C. after being found with car connected to AMBER Alert
[...]

William McCloud, 33, and Angela Boswell, 42, were arrested and charged with Possession of Stolen Property. Both McCloud and Boswell are residents of Tennessee.

According to the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office in North Carolina, on Friday, deputies with the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office located a vehicle involved in an AMBER Alert in the Shepherds Crossroads Community of Wilkes County.

The vehicle, a 2007 BMW, had also been reported stolen and was located and recovered. The occupants, William McCloud and Angela Boswell were arrested and charged.

[...]

FEB 21, 2020
Two arrested after vehicle in Boswell investigation found in NC, Evelyn still missing

The news release says William McCloud and Angela Boswell have been arrested and charged with possession of stolen property. Authorities say the two were found inside of the BMW that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office were searching for in the Boswell investigation.

The TBI says no charges have been placed in relation to the Amber Alert.

FEB 21, 2020
Megan Boswell, Mother of Missing Evelyn: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com
[..]

The Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office had a press conference on Friday and discussed the difficulties with this case. Sheriff Jeff Cassidy said that the FBI, the TBI, and the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office have been working very hard the last three days on this case.

He said that they believe Evelyn is still alive and also that a babysitter was the last non-family member to see her, on December 10 or 11.

During the press conference, a reporter asked when the mother or father saw Evelyn last, and Cassidy answered: “I’m not gonna go with what the mother stated because, like I said, some of the conflicting stories are inaccurate.” Instead, he said he’s “going on” the date the babysitter gave.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back