Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thursday, December 3rd:
*Motions/Petition Hearing (via video) (@ 1:30pm ET) - TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 10 or 11, 2019 by babysitter, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services; Evelyn’s remains were found on Mar. 6, 2020 at a family member’s property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County; officially id’d 3/11/20). *Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 19) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys “mother” arrested & originally charged (2/25/20) with 1 count of false reporting. Bond set at $25K. Bond increased (3/9/20) to $150K.
Indicted (5/18/20) & originally charged (5/28/20) with 11 counts of false reporting. Plead not guilty. Bond stays set at $150K.
Re-Charged & indicted (8/19/20) & arraigned (8/28/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder, 2 counts of aggravated child abuse/neglect, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 12 counts of false reporting, 1 count of abuse of a corpse, & 1 count of failure to report a death suspicious, unusual, or unnatural circumstances. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
Court info from 2/20/20 thru 7/31/20 reference post #259 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

8/19/20 Update: DA Barry Staubus: Grand Jury presented true bill (indicted) for MB for 19 counts. M. Boswell charged with 2 counts of felony murder. Other charges include: 1 count of aggravated child abuse, 1 count of aggravated child neglect, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 12 counts of false report, 1 count of abuse of a corpse, & 1 count of failure to report a death suspicious circumstances. Sheriff says other individuals were eliminated, leaving MB as sole suspect. Next hearing is August 28, bond is $1 million. Judge has sealed Evelyn’s autopsy report.
Document on Charges:
https://www.scribd.com/document/473090333/Megan-Boswell-Presentment#from_embed Arraignment hearing on 8/28/20.

8/28/20 Update: Megan was arraigned by video in Judge James Goodwin’s courtroom. Plead not guilty to the 19 charges she was indicted on in the death of Evelyn, including two counts of felony murder. During the arraignment, prosecutors told the judge that they had not yet decided whether to seek 'enhanced punishment' — the death penalty or life without parole in Megan's case & will be decided at next hearing. If the prosecutors don't seek the 'enhanced punishment', Megan faces a life term with the possibility of parole after she serves 51 years in prison should she be convicted of charges. Brad Sproles, Megan’s attorney, filed a motion for a change of venue. The judge said that the venue change motion would have a hearing on Dec. 3. And for clarification on Megan's child abuse & child neglect charges. Megan is scheduled to appear in court next on Dec. 3 at 1:30 p.m. Also Defense attorney Brad Sproles filed Motion for Bills of Particulars.

Megan is scheduled to appear in court next on Dec. 3 at 1:30 p.m. Also Defense attorney Brad Sproles filed Motion for Bills of Particulars.
^^rsbm

Hopefully, by this time tomorrow if not earlier, we should finally know what's in the True Bill of particulars for the State's case against Evelyn's mother Megan-- held in Sullivan County for the death of her daughter.

As the case has been under seal by the court, not even her attorney Brad Sproles had received the state's evidentiary information for the state charges filed against MB as of the last media update. I also hope we learn the cause of death before we learn if the state will seek the death penalty.

Folks, I'm confused. I keep seeing two times reported for this; 1:30 and 2:30. Which is it? o_O
The court site is still showing 1:30 p.m. ???
@Seattle1 - does this one work?

Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

State of Tennessee vs Megan Boswell
82CC1-2020-CR-72869
Megan Boswell, Defendant
Filing Date: Mar 09 2020 Balance Due: $50.00 Make a Payment
Case Judge: James F Goodwin Last Pay Date:
Status Date: Mar 09 2020
Case References: Reference Number: S72869

Live now.

• Next court appearance will be January 22 @9:00 a.m.
  • State will announce their intentions concerning enhanced punishment
  • Defense to announce the timing needed to proceed with their motion to change venue
  • Defense Atty permitted to share sealed autopsy with MB

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sorry @PommyMommy, I didn’t see that you had posted an update! I certainly didn’t mean that your update was useless, I meant the video zoom call I had just watched was. :( It was hard to hear (for me). Creepy too...seeing a suspect in court with a mask. Kind of silence of the lambs- like.

Last edited:
Sorry @PommyMommy, I’d didn’t see that you had posted an update! I certainly didn’t mean that your update was useless, I meant the video zoom call I had just watched was. :( It was hard to hear (for me). Creepy too...seeing a suspect in court with a mask. Kind of silence of the lambs- like.
Oh, no worries, I didn't take it that way at all, lol! :p Plus, I edited that post about three times after re-listening to make sure I didn't miss something. MOO

Anslee Daniel WJHL
We’re talking with Megan Boswell’s Attorney Brad Sproles. He says he spoke with Megan this morning about some of the discovery. He expects it will take weeks to go through on his end.

[URL='https://twitter.com/Anslee_WJHL/status/1334574156256587777']11:04 AM · Dec 3, 2020
[/URL]

Anslee Daniel WJHL
Sullivan District Attorney General Barry Staubus says he’s going to talk with Tommy Boswell, Sr. (Megan Boswell’s father and Evelyn’s grandfather) before making the announcement on Megan Boswell’s punishment.

11:28 AM · Dec 3, 2020

DEC 3, 2020
Prosecutors to announce plans for enhanced punishment for Megan Boswell January 22 | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Megan Boswell, mother of deceased toddler Evelyn Boswell, appeared in court on Thursday afternoon.

District Attorney Barry Staubus asked the court for more time to announce plans for enhanced punishment regarding Boswell’s charges.

[...]

Boswell case rescheduled to 2021

5f49c0026dbfc.image.jpg

DA expected to announce in January if Megan Boswell could face death penalty for daughter's murder | wbir.com

Dec 3, 2020

SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. — Megan Boswell appeared by video in court Thursday afternoon in Sullivan County. She is charged with the murder of her daughter, 1-year-old Evelyn Boswell.

At her next hearing on January 22 at 9 a.m., she will learn if she could face the death penalty if convicted of killing her little girl.

According to WCYB, Sullivan County District Attorney Barry Staubus is expected to announce plans on enhanced punishment regarding Boswell then.

Boswell's defense attorney, Brad Sproles, has requested a change of venue for the trial.

Darn -- other than reading that Goodwin reset the case for January and Megan remains incarcerated in the Sullivan County jail, not seeing anything reported about Evelyn's cause of death or the Bill of Particulars. Disappointed!

It is hard to know I feel about the death penalty, without knowing the full circumstances of Evelyn’s death. I do want justice for her. Waiting for January to learn more.

jmo
I completely relate to your post @steeltowngirl. I've never been so perplexed by a defendant before as I am with MB.

In my mind, I understand that the grand jury had access to the information and indicted her for the murder of her baby (this was no accident and not involuntary manslaughter) but I really wanted to believe MB. I'm also reminded that the State said nobody else was responsible for Evelyn's death but her mom, MB. :(:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back