TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that too, RabidBadger. Even before I had my droid, I've never had a phone that kept a charge for two weeks. Unless it was plugged into the car and was somehow able to pull charge from the battery?

The phone pinging for 2 weeks is very odd. As you guys have already said, cell phones don't hold their charge very long. I have a small flip phone I don't use much and it runs out after a week. Just dropping it on the floor will turn it off and sometimes pop out the SIM card and battery; I can't imagine what a wreck would do to a cell. I'm not saying the video is wrong, I'm just wondering about the logistics of the claim, and also wondering why we hadn't heard anything about 2 weeks' worth of pings before. If it was pinging that long, surely we would have heard about LE searching that area?

our news is all over this, TV 9 had a good segment, showing the terrain as well, here is their link.
http://www.newschannel9.com/

Channel 3 had David Carroll and two other reporters. I was expecting Callie Starnes but she wasn't on it this time, at least not yet. Lots of good video of the mountain in the daytime and at night, and also of the search helicopters.

Depending on how close the towers are in that area it could be a rather large area in between them that the pings would cover. I have 2 phones that both hold a charge for that long, and there is an internal "reserve" that will keep them bouncing off the towers even after they are "dead" for a bit. Not to say that this info about the phone is factual, just giving info in general.
Hopefully they can do some re-creations of what happened and get a better feel for where and what they need to be looking for now.

Someone asked why the jeep didn't explode, but this is a wooded ravine full of vines and foliage. It was April and everything was green and growing, and not bare rock. Anything as big as a jeep would have bounced around among the trees and probably lodged against them.

I was just watching the news and my heart fell when they said they found no body - to me that's the worst case scenario. It's true she might have been thrown out of the jeep, and could be under mounds of fallen leaves right now.

The thing is, she could have driven over the edge of the cliff, end of story. Or the car could just as easily have been pushed over the edge. :twocents: If no one saw or heard her going over during the middle of a busy Saturday, then why would anyone notice at night? They would just think it was the sound of cars or motorcycles coming up the W-Road - there's an echo sometimes.

ETA: And this still doesn't answer the question of where she was going and why. Why did she leave the house and go that direction? It's just odd. Did she think she needed to go to Mountain Creek Road where her mother-in-law lives? Then why did the husband show up at the house wondering where she was? More Questions...

Strangely, when my husband told some co-workers the jeep had been found, one woman he works with said that the W-Road had been closed yesterday for what they thought was tree-pruning and fallen limbs from a wind storm we had the other day. Can anyone else confirm that?

BBM
Yes, the W was closed from 9 until 4 for "cleaning and storm drain scheduled maintenance".

RT @janabarnello: #CHAbrk it IS #gailpalmgren jeep. Sheriff just confirmed. No body inside.

Wow, just wow.

Not that I wanted her to be in there, but now we are back where we started....

Except that hopefully they can find some sort of new clues inside the car.

I am waiting to hear about evidence I'm the Jeep. Was there blood consistent with the crash? I am confused as why noone talked with LE or LE didn't connect this possibility to Gail. I am happy in a way as with others that it can no longer claimed that she took off and abandoned them.

Tonight I am praying for answers in her case to come quickly in the next few days

I live further north of Chattanooga but my brother used to live on Signal Mnt. Here's a quick screen shot of the area Gail's Jeep was found. Hampton Rd/E. Brow Rd is in upper left. (if I'm wrong about pic's location let me know I'll delete it).

ETA
Okay trying this again:

<modsnip>
GailP3-1.png

Was it an iphone? Iphones don't have anywhere close to that kind of battery life, even if it sits there idle the whole time

I usually charge my phone when I'm driving. One of my cars o ly charges the phone when the car is running but the other charges it even if it is not running. If the phone was charging it may have kept charging as long as the battery of the car kept charging it and then eventually the car battery went dead. Just one thought.

I never met Gail. I knew nothing of her until I read her case here. What has always struck me most about her case is how those in her life that should have been there for her were not.

She had been in contact with LE before she went missing. LE and her husband were part of the plan she drive hours as resolution to a call for help. She had the long drive.

Her husband's actions before she went missing were inexcusable and despicable. Having an affair with a co-worker and risking a career compromises your family. That is indisputable.

Furthermore, no matter the circumstances of their lives and personalities, his behavior was callously creating an unhealthy circumstance for Gail. He let his wife & mother of his children down...he and his family were not there for her.

We know Gail was reaching out to LE for help. I can't judge their actions, per se. However, I can say their actions were not successful as Gail went missing. They let a resident and neighbor down....they were not there for her.

I am so terribly sad. To learn those that should have been there for were not even worse than I thought before. Her Jeep was less than 3 miles away from her home!

Usually I can't say what I would or would not do if I was another person because I don't know. I'm making an exception this time. Damn it...if my loved one was missing, had been exhausted & driving a vehicle, and I lived on a path with sheer drop offs....I would be walking those roads looking for signs.

The person who should have been there for her most, even if their marriage was over, was busy with his greed...investing energy on the money, attorneys, custody, and image.

Gail....you deserved better. I am so very sorry.

I want to know if her seatbelt was broken when the car fell, or if it was ever fastened that day.

Was her car in Drive or Neutral or what?

There were stories that the black box that records driving information had been removed previously by her husband - or maybe that's a rumor. If it's true, there won't be a record, and that's too bad.

I worry that if she was thrown from the car that her remains could be even further down the slope in a more precarious place, if that's possible. Then you take into account scavengers, the elements, etc, and it's going to be quite a puzzle.

However, if they don't find blood, clothing, or objects near the jeep then something is truly wrong. That's my worst case scenario. What about Arlene's computer? Didn't she have that with her?

Also it drives me crazy about that cell phone possibly still pinging long after she disappeared. Did they only search from the roads by visual sight? :banghead: Of course many people even here on WS thought she had chucked the cellphone out the window of her car, so maybe the police figured it wasn't worth risking lives to climb down the bluff. But still . . . it rankles me. :(

So the question I would have is, what in the world would she be doing over there?

So the question I would have is, what in the world would she be doing over there?

ONE scenario could be that she and her husband got into an argument and she was so upset that she wasn't paying as close attention to her driving as normal. She might have been heading to a spot that she'd been to before to cool off.

The reason I'm throwing this possibility out there is that when my ex and I would get into a heated argument, sometimes I went to this place along the river that I loved. I never told anyone about it either. If I went missing and my car were found on that road by the river, I'm sure everyone I know would have wondered what in the heck I was doing there.

ONE scenario could be that she and her husband got into an argument and she was so upset that she wasn't paying as close attention to her driving as normal. She might have been heading to a spot that she'd been to before to cool off.

The reason I'm throwing this possibility out there is that when my ex and I would get into a heated argument, sometimes I went to this place along the river that I loved. I never told anyone about it either. If I went missing and my car were found on that road by the river, I'm sure everyone I know would have wondered what in the heck I was doing there.
Of course, we considered this from day 1 and found it to be the most reasonable explanation at the time. It is just an odd direction for her to drive even if she was troubled.JMHO of course.
Also, remember she said she was being followed at the time.

I went back and read this again
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16165994/discovery-made-on-signal-mountain

snipped-"The area is being considered a crime scene by investigators. Investigators took scene photos as they made their way down to the crash site."
BBM

Would that be standard operating procedure for a car 'accident' or is that being done because GP has been missing under 'mysterious' circumstances...just curious

(maybe she was being chased and someone ran her off the road???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member