TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that LE takes this case seriously enough to check into cell phone pings for other parties during the same time frame as well. This LE has been very frustrating to me for the lack of concern for a missing mom. JMHO

GPS does transmit elevation data (I have an app on my phone that tracks how far I walk and calories burned using GPS data and even it detects when I walk up and down hills and my neighborhood is pretty darn flat!) I'm kind of surprised that they could obtain data pointing to a sudden drop but not her location. GPS doesn't work well in heavily forested areas though and they probably were not very trusting of the data they had.

Satellite info is so very specific at this point, I truly don't understand how the location of the jeep and Gail's phone was overlooked at this point. I am now somewhat preoccupied with the thought that the satellite(s) registering the GPS signal must have been in counter rotation and bouncing off of the west side of the bluff, therefore throwing off actual location.

My heart breaks for Gail and her loved ones.

I hope crash investigators are able to reconstruct this crash effectively, so that we can further our knowledge and help to find victims earlier. :(

I've been thinking about all of this a lot.

I could believe in the accident theory if MP hadn't done all of the things that he did....and if he had done more searching.

Someone refresh my memory. Wasn't it Gail's sister that pushed MP to finally file a missing persons report? Or, am I getting mixed up with another case?

I can't believe that the property owners where Gail's Jeep left the roadway didn't investigate further where their rock went. People do not steal rocks and for a rock of this size to disappear you would think it would surly raise some suspicion as to where it went.

Looking at the Google Street Map below it is clear that any one of these large rocks would have left a very big mark where it was drug off the side of the cliff by a car. The area where these rocks are looks to be well manicured and cared for by the property owner. They personally or a lawn care service mows this area on a regular basis and who ever takes care of this lawn had to notice the damage that would have been caused by the rock and the damage to the hedge when the Jeep went over the side of the road.

1419 East Brow Road, Signal Mountain TN 37377 - Google Maps

Is this where they think she went off the road..with all these rocks?

Satellite info is so very specific at this point, I truly don't understand how the location of the jeep and Gail's phone was overlooked at this point. I am now somewhat preoccupied with the thought that the satellite(s) registering the GPS signal must have been in counter rotation and bouncing off of the west side of the bluff, therefore throwing off actual location.

My heart breaks for Gail and her loved ones.

I hope crash investigators are able to reconstruct this crash effectively, so that we can further our knowledge and help to find victims earlier. :(

Depends on the type and tracking we're discussing here. There is satellite tracking such as package delivery and trucking but they use expensive equipment.

A more advanced technology is the "Satellite Backhaul" type of system. These units also collect G.P.S. location data but they can transmit this data back to the business via a satellite antenna on the vehicle usually when a request or "ping" is sent to the vehicle. There are three drawbacks to this system: if the vehicle is parked next to a building the satellite signal may be blocked and if the system requires you to ask for the data, you may not be able to find the vehicle until it is moved and the "ping" resent. Finally, these systems are quite expensive to purchase, install and maintain. They do, however, offer a very large coverage area as long as the antenna and the backhaul satellite have a line-of-sight signal.

There's also the signal carried by the GSM network but one must have a GSM networked phone. What we do know is the phone was probably out of the cellular phone network after it went over the cliff.

Finally, there is the "GPS/Cellular" type of system. In this technology, a device in the vehicle constantly receives location information from the G.P.S. satellite and sends it to a computer. In the most advanced systems, this information is constantly sent to a central computer system or "Data Server" via the G.S.M. cellular network. Also in the most advanced systems, if the vehicle travels outside of the cellular network, the collected G.P.S. location data are stored in the device and sent as soon as the vehicle re-enters the cellular coverage area. This is the advanced technology TRACKER SYSTEMS uses to locate and gather the route history of your vehicles and assets. Of course, there are additional features that make Tracker Systems unique... see our GPS Tracking Software features.

Also there are GPS systems which track your teen but it requires hardware and installation for a price.

So I'm saying there's lots of locks and keys before saying anything is certain.

http://www.trackersystems.net/Tracking/gps_tracking.html

Is this where they think she went off the road..with all these rocks?

According to the caption on the picture in this article it is.

Law enforcement officials set up near 1419 East Brow Road on Signal Mountain today.
Photo by Angela Lewis /Chattanooga Times Free Press.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/dec/01/gail-palmgrens-jeep-found/

120211aSearch_t618.JPG

120511_WEB_b_Palmgren_t618.jpg

I've been thinking about all of this a lot.

I could believe in the accident theory if MP hadn't done all of the things that he did....and if he had done more searching.

Someone refresh my memory. Wasn't it Gail's sister that pushed MP to finally file a missing persons report? Or, am I getting mixed up with another case?

I try not to weigh in very often on this subject because my views aren't always popular, but hear me out.

As far as MP's actions, think about it this way. Their marriage has been on the rocks and they have not been getting along. GP called 911 several times during arguments. What if she was calling 911 to get back at MP? What if she was angry and he knew it and she wanted to punish him? What if he thought all along that she was trying to set him up for something? What if he has thought all along that she left to hurt him and make him look bad? What if he was concerned that she had planted evidence to get him in trouble with the law? Could that be a reason that he "lawyered up"... to protect himself? Maybe he didn't look for her because the whole time he truly believed that she had taken off because the idea that she had been in an accident or that something had happened to her was way too coincidental.

If I thought that my spouse was trying to set me up, if I found out that they had given money and other belongings to other people to hold, if I knew that I had screwed up and they had every reason to want to make me suffer, you can bet that I would do what it takes to protect myself. But I am a woman, so no one would question that.

I am not saying any of this to make Gail look bad in any way, because I know that if I found out what she found out... I would be looking to make my husband pay. I guess that is what I have always felt, so finding out that she was in an accident all along really blew me out of the water. I am only saying this because MP's actions after she left have been holding a lot of weight in people thinking that he did something to her. I think his actions make sense from that perspective. If I thought someone was trying to set me up or take off with my kids, I would file every legal paper I could, I would hire lawyers and I would do what it took to protect myself.

ETA: making sensing does not mean that the actions were ok, it just means that they make sense. I hope THAT makes sense.

My personal opinion is that this was a tragic accident. I want there to be a thorough and conclusive investigation so that we all know as much of the truth as we can, no matter what it is. I do hope that those who feel that his actions were deplorable can be open to a different perspective so that maybe they can at least make a little more sense. People make mistakes, people have affairs and marriages end. That doesn't mean someone was murdered.

I try not to weigh in very often on this subject because my views aren't always popular, but hear me out.

As far as MP's actions, think about it this way. Their marriage has been on the rocks and they have not been getting along. GP called 911 several times during arguments. What if she was calling 911 to get back at MP? What if she was angry and he knew it and she wanted to punish him? What if he thought all along that she was trying to set him up for something? What if he has thought all along that she left to hurt him and make him look bad? What if he was concerned that she had planted evidence to get him in trouble with the law? Could that be a reason that he "lawyered up"... to protect himself? Maybe he didn't look for her because the whole time he truly believed that she had taken off because the idea that she had been in an accident or that something had happened to her was way too coincidental.

If I thought that my spouse was trying to set me up, if I found out that they had given money and other belongings to other people to hold, if I knew that I had screwed up and they had every reason to want to make me suffer, you can bet that I would do what it takes to protect myself. But I am a woman, so no one would question that.

I am not saying any of this to make Gail look bad in any way, because I know that if I found out what she found out... I would be looking to make my husband pay. I guess that is what I have always felt, so finding out that she was in an accident all along really blew me out of the water. I am only saying this because MP's actions after she left have been holding a lot of weight in people thinking that he did something to her. I think his actions make sense from that perspective. If I thought someone was trying to set me up or take off with my kids, I would file every legal paper I could, I would hire lawyers and I would do what it took to protect myself.

ETA: making sensing does not mean that the actions were ok, it just means that they make sense. I hope THAT makes sense.

My personal opinion is that this was a tragic accident. I want there to be a thorough and conclusive investigation so that we all know as much of the truth as we can, no matter what it is. I do hope that those who feel that his actions were deplorable can be open to a different perspective so that maybe they can at least make a little more sense. People make mistakes, people have affairs and marriages end. That doesn't mean someone was murdered.

The one key factor here is the kids. I am pretty sure that MP and everyone that knew her knows she would never leave those kids behind on purpose. That was the biggest red flag in this whole situation. The children, now had all three of them gone missing I could see your what if scenario's but I am pretty sure Gail would have never left those kids on her own free will.

The mailbox you see in the photo I think was under construction at the time the Google Street Map was made. If you click on the link on the top of the Google Map you will be taken to a Google page that will allow you to scroll the map from side to side and move forward or backwards along the street. You can also look at the bluff side of the road.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1419+East+Brow+Road,+Signal+Mountain+TN+37377&hl=en&ll=35.138101,-85.318188&spn=0.001715,0.002411&sll=37.805851,-122.420568&sspn=0.013325,0.01929&vpsrc=0&gl=us&hnear=1419+E+Brow+Rd,+Signal+Mountain,+Tennessee+37377&t=m&layer=c&cbll=35.138178,-85.318117&panoid=hyontxT9KRCclctP6Il04g&cbp=13,355.94,,0,5.61&z=19"]1419 East Brow Road, Signal Mountain TN 37377 - Google Maps[/ame]

120211aSearch_t618.JPG

The one key factor here is the kids. I am pretty sure that MP and everyone that knew her knows she would never leave those kids behind on purpose. That was the biggest red flag in this whole situation. The children, now had all three of them gone missing I could see your what if scenario's but I am pretty sure Gail would have never left those kids on her own free will.

I haven't been following this case, but I saw a reference in another missing person's thread and checked the first few pages of Thread #1 and the last few pages of this thread. Perhaps this was contradicted by firm evidence somewhere between the two, but in the first thread the husband says that Gail had been struggling with mental health issues. Perhaps he thought that both the setup and leaving the children behind were symptoms of that? It's not uncommon for close family (aka the people living with them) to know/notice mental health problems well before anybody else, so the husband would have been dealing with paranoia/irrational decision making/whatever while other family members and friends might not have known at all or thought it was just a bit of a funk. Dealing with a mental illness might have robbed her of some of that free will, or the husband might have thought so at least.

I haven't been following this case, but I saw a reference in another missing person's thread and checked the first few pages of Thread #1 and the last few pages of this thread. Perhaps this was contradicted by firm evidence somewhere between the two, but in the first thread the husband says that Gail had been struggling with mental health issues. Perhaps he thought that both the setup and leaving the children behind were symptoms of that? It's not uncommon for close family (aka the people living with them) to know/notice mental health problems well before anybody else, so the husband would have been dealing with paranoia/irrational decision making/whatever while other family members and friends might not have known at all or thought it was just a bit of a funk. Dealing with a mental illness might have robbed her of some of that free will, or the husband might have thought so at least.

I can see what your saying, but again keep in mind the husband said she was suffering from mental health issues. There are quite a few other people who will argue that. In this day an age mental health issues are so broad it's not even funny. Put a person on Xanax for anxiety and that is classified as a "mental health" issue. I would guess about 6 of of 10 friends of mine are on an anti depressant for various reasons but i would never classify them as "out of their minds" or not "thinking clearly" again, mental health issues is so broad it's hard to speculate what kind of mental issues a person has and unless you speak directly to someone's doctor we truly do not know what kind of mental issue a person has or how severe it is. JMO

Because of the horrendous way she must have perished, I in no way feel this was intentional, after all she was very familiar with chemicals and would know other methods. I think she was very upset (what wife wouldn't have been), possibly crying and went off the road, or possibly even had a rear end tap after being concerned about an individual following her that very day. I am waiting for a full investigative report, the sheriffs comments about APPEARING to be an accident are totally premature at this time. Whatever the case, I, pray the children will have a decent life, this is so much for their young minds to comprehend. RIP GAIL!

I also think the mental health issues stated by the husband were incorrect as well as his premature statement that her death was an accident. His actions/words have been less than compassionate the total time she was missing.

Agreed. But they have never once indicated that they had a confirmed sighting of Gail after she was seen by Susie B either, IIRC.

I dont think she saw Gail, fwiw, but that is simply because the details of her sighting made no sense to me. That is jmvho.

BBM...believe09, you are absolutely correct.

In regards to you thinking she never saw Gail due to her details making no sense, IMHO, I do think it is quite possible it could have very well been Gail. The details of what CC claimed she saw does make sense to me...
Gail had expressed her fear someone was following her..Susie B seems to think that was a possibility too. She saw a strange car in their neighborhood..
CC claimed Gail was with another woman who everytime she passed the vehicle turned her head. She also claimed Gail turned full face to look her straight in the face and looked like a "deer in headlights"...That is jmvho..

Depends on the type and tracking we're discussing here. There is satellite tracking such as package delivery and trucking but they use expensive equipment.

There's also the signal carried by the GSM network but one must have a GSM networked phone. What we do know is the phone was probably out of the cellular phone network after it went over the cliff.

Also there are GPS systems which track your teen but it requires hardware and installation for a price.

So I'm saying there's lots of locks and keys before saying anything is certain.

http://www.trackersystems.net/Tracking/gps_tracking.html

Very confused, Peliman. Please explain? :waitasec:

Satellite tracking goes both ways- the satellite to the source of the signal, and back again. So no matter what service you subscribe to... the pings are there, as is the data which is usually recoverable.

I truly don't understand this, it defies everything I understood about signals sent and received. :(

Frustrated!

I rode by the site on East Brow today. It is the lookout with several boulders close to the road. I will have to go back by but it was the third or fourth rock in from the right side in the picture that was posted earlier that went over with the jeep. According to a reporter's tweet (Beth Burger) it weighed approximately 435 pounds. I don't know how to link from my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay