TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She attended a Catholic church? Why would hubby not have her funeral at her church??

It's not uncommon for families who are members of one church to utilize another church when their own won't house the anticipated crowd (for weddings, funerals, etc.). Perhaps this is why they used the other church? Perhaps Gail's was thought to be too small for the crowd anticipated at the service?

Melodie, the link doesn't work for me??

Melodie, the link doesn't work for me??

Arrghhh... sorry, hollyblue. Try it again because I fixed it. It didn't work at first. If it still doesn't work, maybe someone else can help me. This was an article in the Times Free Press this morning about the funeral service.

I don't know how many off duty policemen he hired for the funeral to keep people at bay.. My understanding at this time concerning six officers is there was a disturbance at the residence late yesterday afternoon and three squad cars and six officers responded....This was mentioned on Channel 3 last night.JMHO

Correct. My take is WRCB prolly contacted LE for the reason behind the three cars/6 men being at the residence...and were denied the info. Per the comments on WRCB's FB, it was because DN was trying to take Christmas presents she had for children. Since it's a MSM FB, I'm assuming it's OK to provide the link. Scroll about 1/3 of the way down and you'll see Gail's picture...and comments.

http://www.facebook.com/WRCBtv

It's not uncommon for families who are members of one church to utilize another church when their own won't house the anticipated crowd (for weddings, funerals, etc.). Perhaps this is why they used the other church? Perhaps Gail's was thought to be too small for the crowd anticipated at the service?

BBM..TRUE, however Gail's memorial was held at St. Peters Episcopal Church not at another Catholic Church..Also, the Rev. and Honorable Judge Sam Payne officiated with the Rev. Carter Paden III. To my knowledge a Catholic priest was not on the altar co-officiating at the services...
Could be Gail was not a practicing Catholic...Could be MP felt the need to once again assert his control..JMHO.

I think that this may have been a terrible accident...but if they found an envelope addressed to Arlene from Gail-I am sure LE knows what it says. It may be that Gail wrote a good-bye message to Arlene(what to do since I am no longer going to be here message)...I don't know....and like someone said earlier...if LE really find that it was a suicide...they may still call it an "accident"...My mind goes from "accident" to "suicide". This is so so sad. Poor woman!

I think that this may have been a terrible accident...but if they found an envelope addressed to Arlene from Gail-I am sure LE knows what it says. It may be that Gail wrote a good-bye message to Arlene(what to do since I am no longer going to be here message)...I don't know....and like someone said earlier...if LE really find that it was an suicide...they may still call it an "accident"...My mind goes from "accident" to "suicide". This is so so sad. Poor woman!

I saw that before, too, and I have to say, I don't know if that's legal. My understanding is the cause and manner of death come from the Medical Examiner and not LE. The Medical Examiner takes evidence from the remains and adds that to evidence received from LE to come to a final conclusion. The final results could be death from:
1. Natural Causes
2. Accidental
3. Suicide
4. Homicide
5. Undetermined
My understanding of the manner of death is then one of the above due to something else. Such as natural death caused by a heart attack or homicide due to a gunshot wound, etc.
The Medical Examiner will have to list a cause of death on the death certificate. The cause of death is a matter of public record, I believe. Even if they are not sure, the cause and or manner would be undetermined. If LE found a suicide note and other evidence that suggested Gail took her own life and the Medical Examiner agreed that the examination of the remains support this, that is what could be listed as the cause of death officially on the death certificate. Then that is what would be announced at the press conference. In my opinion, if Gail's Jeep had not become lodged and it had instead, rolled all the way down to the W road on 4/30 and she had been found immediately, a lot of information we are hearing now would never have been heard. It would have been easier to keep private much of the information that has been released. Now, because of the months of speculation and so much interest in the case, it is necessary for LE to hold a scheduled press conference and deliver many of the details. I guess it's the unfortunate side of this all being so public. I think no matter how much we would like to protect the children and the family, the Sheriff will have to give the exact cause and manner of death as listed in the Medical Examiner's report at the press conference. After they announce the official cause of death, they may withhold some of the details out of respect for the family. This is all my opinion from watching a lot of Dr. G and the Casey Anthony trial. Does anyone else know or have an opinion on the cause of death being a matter of public record? :twocents:

I just have to say I feel so sad for Gail's family. Not only have they lost Gail, but after everything, they have probably lost forever her children as well. DN's msg to the children at the memorial was for all time. I don't believe MP will allow them visitation. IMO, JMO. How very, tragically, sad and uncalled for.

I think that this may have been a terrible accident...but if they found an envelope addressed to Arlene from Gail-I am sure LE knows what it says. It may be that Gail wrote a good-bye message to Arlene(what to do since I am no longer going to be here message)...I don't know....and like someone said earlier...if LE really find that it was a suicide...they may still call it an "accident"...My mind goes from "accident" to "suicide". This is so so sad. Poor woman!

It may have been something regarding the divorce--- as Gail had been sending documents, etc to AD via the mail also. I wonder if AD even knows at this point what it was....? I haven't seen anything mentioned by AD anywhere. ??

Correct. My take is WRCB prolly contacted LE for the reason behind the three cars/6 men being at the residence...and were denied the info. Per the comments on WRCB's FB, it was because DN was trying to take Christmas presents she had for children. Since it's a MSM FB, I'm assuming it's OK to provide the link. Scroll about 1/3 of the way down and you'll see Gail's picture...and comments.

http://www.facebook.com/WRCBtv

IF true....OMG... How heartless can a person be? JMHO

This is bringing back memories for me, as there was a tragedy in my life during my early teens and I was hundreds of miles away from my extended family...and whenever the adults would leave and I was left alone, there was a lock put on the phone so I couldn't call them or my friends. It was a very lonely time with feelings of isolation.

This is bringing back memories for me, as there was a tragedy in my life during my early teens and I was hundreds of miles away from my extended family...and whenever the adults would leave and I was left alone, there was a lock put on the phone so I couldn't call them or my friends. It was a very lonely time with feelings of isolation.

Sorry you had to experience abuse like that... IMHO the very fact he wouldn't allow the children to accept any presents from their mother's side of the family IS abuse...IMHO.. He doesn't have the children's best interest at heart...JMHO

ETA..I'm remembering too how my granddaughter's stepmother wouldn't allow any of the presents we had bought for my granddaughter into her house either...And my granddaughter's father, at the time, wasn't man enough to stand up to his wife... I fought her actions tooth and nail... I requested psych evaluations on both of them...Thankfully, my prayers were answered..I was given a legal guardianship of my granddaughter.. JMHO

It will come back and bite him at some point Em. Glad you got guardianship!!

ETA: The kids know EXACTLY whats going on.

I saw that before, too, and I have to say, I don't know if that's legal. My understanding is the cause and manner of death come from the Medical Examiner and not LE. The Medical Examiner takes evidence from the remains and adds that to evidence received from LE to come to a final conclusion. The final results could be death from:
1. Natural Causes
2. Accidental
3. Suicide
4. Homicide
5. Undetermined
My understanding of the manner of death is then one of the above due to something else. Such as natural death caused by a heart attack or homicide due to a gunshot wound, etc.
The Medical Examiner will have to list a cause of death on the death certificate. The cause of death is a matter of public record, I believe. Even if they are not sure, the cause and or manner would be undetermined. If LE found a suicide
note and other evidence that suggested Gail took her own life and the Medical Examiner agreed that the examination of the remains support this, that is what could be listed as the cause of death officially on the death certificate. Then that is what would be announced at the press conference. In my opinion, if Gail's Jeep had not become lodged and it had instead, rolled all the way down to the W road on 4/30 and she had been found immediately, a lot of information we are hearing now would never have been heard. It would have been easier to keep private much of the information that has been released. Now, because of the months of speculation and so much interest in the case, it is necessary for LE to hold a scheduled press conference and deliver many of the details. I guess it's the unfortunate side of this all being so public. I think no matter how much we would like to protect the children and the family, the Sheriff will have to give the exact cause and manner of death as listed in the Medical Examiner's report at the press conference. After they announce the official cause of death, they may withhold some of the details out of respect for the family. This is all my opinion from watching a lot of Dr. G and the Casey Anthony trial. Does anyone else know or have an opinion on the cause of death being a matter of public record? :twocents:

In my opinion, LE would need supporting evidence to call it a suicide (note, threats of suicide, etc.).

IMHO very heartless. He used his wife for money to further his affair and own interests, has little regard for his children's concerns...and now it appears he skates away again. I would hate to upset this man if I were in his life.

RIP Gail and may God Almighty protect your children.

I really, really, really want to know what that letter said!

My take, for what it's worth: maybe when Gail got home that day she had received a document she wanted to send to AD. Also there's the point about changing her address that MP mentioned early on. Did she go to the Post Office that day? LE has never talked about all that, but MP was the one who brought it up.

I honestly don't think this case is over. Gail's remains are still at the Body Farm and they haven't rendered a verdict yet on cause of death.

There are larger Catholic Churches in town too.

The church where the funeral was held isn't anywhere near Signal Mountain, either, but across the river and over Missionary Ridge.

I really, really, really want to know what that letter said!

My take, for what it's worth: maybe when Gail got home that day she had received a document she wanted to send to AD. Also there's the point about changing her address that MP mentioned early on. Did she go to the Post Office that day? LE has never talked about all that, but MP was the one who brought it up.

I honestly don't think this case is over. Gail's remains are still at the Body Farm and they haven't rendered a verdict yet on cause of death.

There are larger Catholic Churches in town too.

The church where the funeral was held isn't anywhere near Signal Mountain, either, but across the river and over Missionary Ridge.

TF..Are you thinking of Grace Episcopal? The church where the memorial was held is on Ashland Terrace close to St. Jude Catholic Church and Lane Funeral Home.. JMHO..

IMHO very heartless. He used his wife for money to further his affair and own interests, has little regard for his children's concerns...and now it appears he skates away again. I would hate to upset this man if I were in his life.

RIP Gail and may God Almighty protect your children.

Thats how I see it too..And I'm not convinced he didn't use Gail's money for her own demise either...JMHO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt