TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless LE tells me that Gail had a heart attack or some other medical thing happen while driving, I will NEVER accept that this was an accident.

Period.

The detective is talking about the consent searches and documents examined.

An air search was conducted during the early stages of the investigation near the W Road, he says

Nothing was seen at that time and a second was planned after leaves fell.

Detective Robert Langford found the Jeep from the air, he says.

(personal comment: :twocents: from the pictures, everyone in the room looks grim. I think they know there's some kind of BS going on with a 20 mph crash on a flat road that pushed over a 300 pound boulder - I can't wait to hear what they say about that rock)

Gail left home at 12 p.m. on April 30, he says

Matthew got home at 12:15, the detective says.

Matthew was at home when the car crash occurred, he says.

Mark Kinsey says this is one of the most intense crashes he's ever worked on.
(Isn't his name "Kimsey"?)

He generated a 99 page report that can be obtained from criminal records, he says.

We were inside this vehicle, underneath it, and on top of it, he says.

The crash occurred between 12:26 and 12:38 he says.

Gail Palmgren was the sole occupent and the Jeep was the only vehicle involved, he says.

Airbags deployed appropriately.

Palmgren failed to keep in her proper lane for reasons unknown, he says.

She died at or shortly after 12:27 p.m., he says.

(How can they know that? Was she on life support? *sorry*)

First question, is there anything on her cell phone record that she was using it?

He says there's no evidence. If you're in the process of texting and you didn't hit send, there's no record of it.

They used the data from the phone to determine at what time she was at what elevation.
(So the attorneys got that tidbit from him apparently)

Q: Do we know anything about her mindset?

A: I don't have any information on that. I know she overcorrected for some reason.

Something caused a significant steering input to the right before she tumbled off the bluff, he says.

(ya think?)

(o.m.g)

I don't think anyone could aim for that rock and hit it from 120 feet away, he says.

She was out of control for about five seconds before impact, he says.

We had no roadway evidence, he says. No tire marks. Just the rock and the Jeep.

(Me ~ and they never looked there for tire marks, did they?)

She was going about 24mph 180 feet before she went off.

The third event, we believe was the impact with the rock.
fb_share2.png

Wednesday January 4, 2012 2:46
The EDR recorded three events. We could only capture two.
fb_share2.png

Wednesday January 4, 2012 2:45

The EDR gave us a lot of data but without matching it to physical evidence, it's useless.
fb_share2.png

Wednesday January 4, 2012 2:45

She was going about 24mph 180 feet before she went off.

This was a common overcorrection input for a driver, he says.

Q: Is there anything the vehicle tells us about the 26 minutes after she left home?

A: No.

(I hope someone asks about the store where she supposedly stopped)

The EDR gave us a lot of data but without matching it to physical evidence, it's useless.

(??? What's the EDR? Black Box?)

The EDR recorded three events. We could only capture two.

The third event, we believe was the impact with the rock.

When the Jeep hit the rock, it woke the system up and it started recording.

The airbag sensor overwrote the first event because it only holds two events at a time, he says.
(Could someone have hit her as the first event? :twocents:)

We never asked the manufacturer for help, he says. There's certain data that only the manufacturer can read from the EDR and they won't let us read it, he says. I'm not going to waste time by asking because I've asked before, he says.

We never asked the manufacturer for help, he says. There's certain data that only the manufacturer can read from the EDR and they won't let us read it, he says. I'm not going to waste time by asking because I've asked before, he says.

Ummm, what?!? So what is the point of even having it on there??

Q: Any doubt she was the driver or in the car alone?

A: There's no evidence otherwise.

The airbags are ineffective without the seatbelt, he says.

(I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm having trouble breathing just reading this :furious: )

Q: If she had her seatbelt on would it have changed the outcome?

A: We didn't have enough evidence.

:banghead:

There was an envelope with Arlene's name on it with $80 cash, and we gave it to her, they said.

There was no letter in the envelope, the detective says.

"It was 155 feet from the rock to the final rest of the Jeep, it was a pretty significant impact."

It took a front impact, which deployed the airbags, rolled to the rear, which wanted to deploy the airbags.

The interior of the Jeep itself held up pretty well, he says.

These three impacts were not survivable, I think, he says.

We work everything backwards, which is opposite of what everyone else does, he says.

We couldn't realistically animate this crash, because of the lack of evidence, he says.

By 5p.m. that afternoon the tire marks on the road would have been gone he says, because of the low speed of the crash.

:waitasec:

calliestarnes Callie Starnes

Some of you asking ... only media in press conference. Matt Palmgren and his attorneys are not here. #GailPalmgren

With no soft tissue patterns from remains it's hard to "put driver in the driver seat", can't say if seatbelt would have saved #GailPalmgren

Traffic investigator is sure #GailPalmgren was not wearing a seatbelt, she didn't remove it after crash, trying to escape vehicle.

Traffic investigator says he doesn't believe anyone could have survived crash. #GailPalmgren

Impossible to recreate crash w/video b/c HCSO doesn't have a "start to end". Too many ?'s about road evidence, or lack of. #GailPalmgren

By 5 pm that day the road evidence was likely gone, because of the low speed. Even if they found #GailPalmgren in May, there'd still be ?'s.

Traffic Investigator: "We don't know what caused it." #GailPalmgren

Rock #GailPalmgren hit was moved 23 feet.

(This is the capslock from the NFP, not from me)

AT THE FIFTH SECOND PRIOR TO AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT, BAD THINGS WERE ALREADY STARTING TO HAPPEN, HE SAYS.

The road was dry at the time, he says.

The rock was 472 pounds, he says.

We've recovered the rock and we'll return it to the owners, later on, he says.

(aren't we all glad to hear about that rock and the owners? :maddening: )

He's showing off what an event data recorder looks like, it's simply an accelerometer.

The detective is talking about the consent searches and documents examined.

An air search was conducted during the early stages of the investigation near the W Road, he says

Nothing was seen at that time and a second was planned after leaves fell.

Detective Robert Langford found the Jeep from the air, he says.

(personal comment: :twocents: from the pictures, everyone in the room looks grim. I think they know there's some kind of BS going on with a 20 mph crash on a flat road that pushed over a 300 pound boulder - I can't wait to hear what they say about that rock)

Not enough info *IMO* about what caused the deviation/over correction and the crash. 24mph Pffffffffffffffft. Praying that her family stands up for Gail and demands a more thorough investigation.

I think they are chalking it up to a crash---I don't think they know what really happened!

Gee.

That rock being returned to it's owner had really been weighing heavily on my mind.

I'm so relieved.

*sarcasm*

(This is the capslock from the NFP, not from me)

AT THE FIFTH SECOND PRIOR TO AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT, BAD THINGS WERE ALREADY STARTING TO HAPPEN, HE SAYS.

The road was dry at the time, he says.

The rock was 472 pounds, he says.

We've recovered the rock and we'll return it to the owners, later on, he says.

(aren't we all glad to hear about that rock and the owners? :maddening: )

He's showing off what an event data recorder looks like, it's simply an accelerometer.

He should return the rock to the lady that said she noticed it missing.
And kindly tell her that in the future when a rock (472) lbs is missing go look over the edge or call the local police.

You can't always depend on an EDR speed, he says.

Then can you depend on any info from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak