TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per her FB, there are three women in a 300+ mile area missing. Holly Bobo, Shelly Mook, and Gail. Parson, Murfreesboro, and Signal Mtn, TN.

Holly was taken from her from driveway thru the woods and Shelly's car was found burned after dropping the kids off at the x's house.

All have been on national news and a reward has been offered...except for Gail. ????

Your reasoning is better than mine. Incidents of injury up here are faily common (and you gave a good example from just yesterday).

And...I do believe that if people thought Gail was somewhere in the woods needing help, they would be showing up in great number to risk it all to find her.

But most of us believe it is beyond that.

If MP wanted to give his public image a boost, he could be leading the way into the woods. Where is he in the efforts, I keep wondering?

I also keep wondering if LE isn't leading the way into the woods because they have good reason to believe she isn't there but can't tell us that.

Being local, what do you or others think is the main reasoning in the area for Gail being gone? MP drove to another area away from SM? TIA

Being local, what do you or others think is the main reasoning in the area for Gail being gone? MP drove to another area away from SM? TIA

I can speak only for myself.

I think she's gone because he made her disappear. To believe otherwise takes too much extraordinary coincidence.

I think if she were alive, we would know it by now. She would not abandon her children and break contact with her family.

I think he killed her himself to minimize the chance of other people talking, blackmailing him, etc. He's an intelligent guy and probably did a good job of covering his tracks. He had a 2-day head start.

I think if the police had any idea where to be searching, they would be doing it. SMPD may not have a lot of experience with this sort of case, but the HCSO does. Working together makes for a very capable team. And I do believe they are working on it.

I think a woman's own barometer of her degree of danger is one of the most accurate indicators of all. Usually when this is not true, it's because she hasn't yet admitted to herself how bad it is. By the time she figures out she is in lethal danger, people close to her have usually known it for a long time, unless she hasn't talked to anybody. I know I have read research to back up this theory but I don't feel a need to find it, because I think it's too late to help Gail.

Also...I'm hard pressed to think of a case like this where the man doesn't get caught eventually. I hope he thinks about that every day.

Locally, it concerns me they may not have had a church affiliation, or possibly their children not in recreational sports, etc., because these circles are tight! This is a family oriented community in that respect. To me IMHO reeks of emotional abuse to not be involved in the community as most are with two children in this age group and it seems evident with the majority of those wanting to help didn't even know who GP was, and only several close friends (1 in each town, Arlene in AL & Susie in TN) publicly coming forward. JMHO

Well, just to play devil's advocate, they were there for only 2 years and maybe spent a lot of time out of town. He worked in another town and they were at the lake house a lot.

But they had to have been there with the kids at school functions during those 2 years, and you'd think some of those parents would get to know Gail. I believe all we have heard from anyone who knew Gail or the kids from school was a little girl a couple weeks ago who said that she knew her children and they were doing okay. No other mothers have come forward to say anything or help or whatever, as far as I know. I agree with you that is very of odd IMHO.

So if she had her cell phone, does it not have GPS on it? I may have missed the discussion of what happened with her cell and that is all we know she took with her - correct? I really hope she just went some place to get away, have time to think, sort through things and will turn up soon. My husband is from Chattanooga, all his family still live there and actually they are not really aware of this story. They knew she was reported missing, but that is as far as it goes with them.

Her phone is one of the most intriguing parts. The last time it sent a ping was 5-2 and that ping was somewhere at the base of the mountain.

Per her FB, there are three women in a 300+ mile area missing. Holly Bobo, Shelly Mook, and Gail. Parson, Murfreesboro, and Signal Mtn, TN.

Holly was taken from her from driveway thru the woods and Shelly's car was found burned after dropping the kids off at the x's house.

All have been on national news and a reward has been offered...except for Gail. ????

Fwiw I think until the people close to her have cooperated, and we dont know who has, LE has to have some tunnel vision. Again, Mark Klaas is an example of why you get yourself ruled out immediately.

Very well said. It depends on the type of negative event. If' we're raising funds to help victims of the tornados, everyone can get behind that one. But to show an alliance one way or another in a case like this? No way! Even to look for her implies not believing the theory that she just ran off.

Very true, and you got my gist. I saw many church youth groups rally from the mountain to assist the tornado victims in Ringgold, Ga, in addition students from the Middle/High School. But it is a disappointment to hear only one church group responded.

Unfortunately, we don't know. We know she had her phone with her when she left on the 30th at 12:15, but not her driver's license or credit cards.

I was thinking I don't recall anyone saying she had her phone with her (proven) with the exception of MP (if he even said it, and I hold no regard to his story) or was it an assumption with the implied call to her sister 'moments' before her disappearance.

What if she didn't? That may make more sense with the ping at the bottom of the mountain on 5/2. Was this intended to make other's believe she was still on the move? Was MP safely tucked back with his mother with the kids and friends all day on that Monday (aka alibi)? I wonder when MP called and reported her missing, after he chucked her phone in the river at suck creek going to Bi-Lo to get groceries for dinner? In any event, I certainly believe LE has the phone records and messages of GP and MP's phone(s) and hope it sheds some light. Pure speculation, pure frustration.

I was thinking I don't recall anyone saying she had her phone with her (proven) with the exception of MP (if he even said it, and I hold no regard to his story) or was it an assumption with the implied call to her sister 'moments' before her disappearance.

What if she didn't? That may make more sense with the ping at the bottom of the mountain on 5/2. Was this intended to make other's believe she was still on the move? Was MP safely tucked back with his mother with the kids and friends all day on that Monday (aka alibi)? I wonder when MP called and reported her missing, after he chucked her phone in the river at suck creek going to Bi-Lo to get groceries for dinner? In any event, I certainly believe LE has the phone records and messages of GP and MP's phone(s) and hope it sheds some light. Pure speculation, pure frustration.
She had her phone at least up until noonish 4/30.

Well, just to play devil's advocate, they were there for only 2 years and maybe spent a lot of time out of town. He worked in another town and they were at the lake house a lot.

But they had to have been there with the kids at school functions during those 2 years, and you'd think some of those parents would get to know Gail. I believe all we have heard from anyone who knew Gail or the kids from school was a little girl a couple weeks ago who said that she knew her children and they were doing okay. No other mothers have come forward to say anything or help or whatever, as far as I know. I agree with you that is very of odd IMHO.

Not everyone is an extrovert who makes friends with everyone they meet. My kids have been in school where I live for 20 years, so I have alot of "aquaintances" with whom I've been at school functions, sporting events, book fairs, and everything else, but not many of those people are really my "friends." I don't discuss my personal life with anybody except close family, and even then I'm quite particular.

Gail seemingly only confided in a very few close friends, and I think that speaks of her personality a little bit. I see her as being cautious and reserved, at least about what mattered the most to her. :twocents:

Not everyone is an extrovert who makes friends with everyone they meet.

With respect, I wasn't saying she was an extrovert who was friends with everyone. I was simply saying that through school functions, she would have spoken with and maybe gotten to know parents and teachers, yet it seems like we haven't heard from any of them.

Then again, there have been a couple of other friends besides Susie and Arlene who have been mentioned in the press: Alaine Gray and Maria Gallavan. Not being close to the search, maybe it just seems like there aren't that many friends coming out to speak to the media when there really are.

Locally, it concerns me they may not have had a church affiliation, or possibly their children not in recreational sports, etc., because these circles are tight! This is a family oriented community in that respect. To me IMHO reeks of emotional abuse to not be involved in the community as most are with two children in this age group and it seems evident with the majority of those wanting to help didn't even know who GP was, and only several close friends (1 in each town, Arlene in AL & Susie in TN) publicly coming forward. JMHO

<bbm>

<bbm>

I think these are interesting points and I've done quite a bit of thinking about them since I read these posts. I don't believe our community at large is so apathetic not to even care, so what is it?

Then I started wondering just how I would handle this situation with my own children, if they had been classmates of either of the Palmgren children. Wow, that's tough! Which explanation would I give my children? Would I say their mommy ran off and left them or that she might be dead in the woods and we should all go look for her after Sunday School?

Or would I try to divert attention to fun things? I think we'd maybe go to the pool instead. KWIM?

Not to mention that, for my children's sake as well as my own, I wouldn't want to antagonize MP.

I understand the frustration regarding turnout for searches-but I feel that in terrain such as Signal Mountain, it is prudent and virtually essential to have professionals search. If they want civilian volunteers to beef up the warm bodies, the proper way to handle it would be to be broken up in teams, with a team leader who is a professional searcher. The professional will have radios, grids and instructions regarding search techniques and the chain of custody. There will be EMT's available and other emergency personnel. There might be ground support with dogs and air support with helicopters.

To be blunt, this isnt a hike-we are talking about a recovery search...the recovery search being for evidence of course.

The community is pretty small-I sent an email to the town manager who stated that there was no problem hanging posters in common areas such as libraries, town offices and post offices etc. They had no desire to add her to the website, which was my original request.

With all due respect, SOMEONE had her phone. Not necessarily her. Correct?
I think your statement is completely accurate after about noonish on 4/30.
But we know that it was Gail that had her phone at least up until at least that time. she had it because she spoke to her sister. We know she talked to her sister more than once on 4/30 and I did confirm that with the family on 5-6. That is how we know 2 things for certain.
1. she had her phone at least up until right after dropping off her kids and before going missing.
2. it was indeed her that dropped the kids off at the home on SM.

I have no idea if she retained possesion of her phone or who had it after that point in time.

Did her sister say that Gail called her while in the car? (the 12:15 p.m. call on April 30)

That's an interesting question. Are you thinking maybe she was not in the car at the time of the last phone call?

Did her sister say that Gail called her while in the car? (the 12:15 p.m. call on April 30)

It was Gail who called-I dont know if she was in motion at the time, if her phone was in motion at the time, or if she was pulled over somewhere.

That's an interesting question. Are you thinking maybe she was not in the car at the time of the last phone call?

Yes, all this time I had assumed she was talking to her sister from the car, then the discussion here got me thinking, "do we know where she called from?"

It looks like believe09 may have answered the question.....we just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member