DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Federal Guidelines for Amber Alerts and Endangered Adults:
http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/232001.pdf

That mainly mentions adults with Alzheimer's or Dementia as "Endangered."

Holly Bobo is listed as Missing Endangered in TN not due to her frame of mind, but because she was abducted and there has been no sign of her for months.
http://radioamber.net/?p=4483

So I don't actually believe someone has to be impaired or unwell to be listed as Missing and Endangered.

Also JMO, but:

Menopausal doesn't equal deluded or suicidal, and frankly that idea concerns me. Having gone through that time of life myself it's true that it can be physically and mentally stressful, but most women have good days and bad days. Few peri-menopausal women just drive away and leave their homes and children behind never to return.

We don't know if Gail was on any medication. Usually if someone is, the police will say so, and thus far they have not in this case, unless I've missed something.

What we do know is that GP was distressed and calling police in two different states within a short period of time. We know the police allowed her to leave for a long trip to Alabama with two children and some pets, and even offered her numbers of safe houses. Therefore, I choose to think they looked askance at MP and his behavior, not Gail.

Was MP licensed as a health professional to diagnose his wife's mental health? I honestly doubt it.

The official comment from the SMPD is that they found no evidence of mental issues in Gail, so they weren't buying MP's version of things.

Thanks, BeanE. How perplexing that the HCSO and NaMus doesn't have her listed as endangered. :waitasec:

Perhaps they need a few telephone calls or emails to get all of these different agencies on the same page.

It seems absurd at this point that the lead LE agency has not classified her as endangered.

Does anyone know if there are any other incident reports from years past filed in other states?

NAMUS info doesn't have to be from LE, and if you look in the case info section, you can see where it's just news article excerpts pasted in, instead of the LE info. That plus the conflict with LE's time last seen, as well as the conflict with her Endangered status, leads me to believe that her info in NAMUS did not come from LE.

In this video, the LE BOLOs that are being sent out, and are played in the video, are Endangered. Video is from May 18.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=14661367

Right....but why the heck wouldn't it be the same for HCSO? Her last seen was Signal Mountain; I'm assuming that's why their SO is lead?

Makes me wonder what went on during that one night at the lake house. :waitasec:

NAMUS info doesn't have to be from LE, and if you look in the case info section, you can see where it's just news article excerpts pasted in, instead of the LE info. That plus the conflict with LE's time last seen, as well as the conflict with her Endangered status, leads me to believe that her info in NAMUS did not come from LE.

Yes, I know- it makes me think it came from a PI or family member; the conflicting reports, as well as the lack of last seen physical description (clothing etc.)

The children probably had something of an idea of what Gail was wearing when she left them at the Signal Mountain home- wouldn't you think?

And why does HCSO not have her listed as endangered?

According to this piece (I read again)..this is first time SM home has been searched, 54 days later. Sad but true..

Federal Guidelines for Amber Alerts and Endangered Adults:
http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/232001.pdf

That mainly mentions adults with Alzheimer's or Dementia as "Endangered."

Here's the criteria for Endangered, from that document. Nothing about Alzheimer's or Dementia.

Establish Criteria for the EMA

✦ Do the circumstances fail to meet the criteria
for an AMBER Alert? (If they do meet the criteria for an AMBER Alert, immediately follow
the protocol to issue an AMBER Alert.)

✦ Is the person missing under unexplained or
suspicious circumstances?

✦ Is the person believed to be in danger because of age, health, mental or physical
disability, and environment or weather conditions; is he or she in the company of a potentially dangerous person; or is there any other
factor that may put the person in peril?

✦ Is there information that could assist the public in the safe recovery of the missing person?
The task force may choose to expand or limit the
criteria, depending on the types of circumstances
it wants to include for activation and how often
notifications are desired.

Right....but why the heck wouldn't it be the same for HCSO? Her last seen was Signal Mountain; I'm assuming that's why their SO is lead?

Makes me wonder what went on during that one night at the lake house. :waitasec:

SMPD is lead, not HCSO. HCSO is just assisting.

HCSO has no classification on their site, not a different classification.

SMPD, btw, sadly, has nothing whatever about Gail on their site.

Sure seems like HCSO's could at least classify under environment/weather conditions, considering the significant weather forecast at the time? Or maybe that's why AL was able to, but not TN?
Hmm.

ETA: Ok, now I am TOTALLY confused, BeanE! HCSO says they're working with Signal Mnt PD and to call the HCSO directly with any information. Why is AL lead when she was last seen on Signal Mnt?? Is the difference the criminal investigation (HCSO) vs a MP case (AL)?

Sure seems like HCSO's could at least classify under environment/weather conditions, considering the significant weather forecast at the time? Or maybe that's why AL was able to, but not TN?
Hmm.

ETA: Ok, now I am TOTALLY confused, BeanE! HCSO says they're working with Signal Mnt PD and to call the HCSO directly with any information. Why is AL lead when she was last seen on Signal Mnt?? Is the difference the criminal investigation (HCSO) vs a MP case (AL)?

SMPD is Signal Mountain Police Department in TN, not AL

ETA: SMPD is who I posted is lead.

I'm wondering how relevant the missing vs. endangered status is, as far as an investigation is concerned. It seems from my read of the "endangered" description, that the two merge together in some respects, and either way, they are trying to find her. Why is the classification significant?

SMPD is Signal Mountain Police Department in TN, not AL

ETA: SMPD is who I posted is lead.

Oh my lord. Ok- so let me see if I have this correct. You are saying the Signal Mnt PD is lead, with HCSO assisting. Neither of those agencies have her listed as endangered. HCSO says to contact them directly with any info and that it is a criminal investigation. Signal Mnt PD doesn't say anything. AL is the only place that sent out the BOLO with Gail listed as Missing Endangered. Is that correct??

Wow. What a mess.

I'm wondering how relevant the missing vs. endangered status is, as far as an investigation is concerned. It seems from my read of the "endangered" description, that the two merge together in some respects, and either way, they are trying to find her. Why is the classification significant?

Endangered is most often given to adults when the person has a physical or mental condition. I've seen it given to children for other reasons, but I don't know of any adults given Endangered for any other reason. (Holly Bobo was mentioned, but she's categorized as a child, not an adult.)

Since no reports have come out of any physical illnesses for Gail, I'm assuming it's for mental. I certainly could be wrong.

But when I combine the reports from multiple people of behavior outside the norm in that last week, with no reports of physical conditions, that is what *I think*.

Oh my lord. Ok- so let me see if I have this correct. You are saying the Signal Mnt PD is lead, with HCSO assisting. Neither of those agencies have her listed as endangered. HCSO says to contact them directly with any info and that it is a criminal investigation. Signal Mnt PD doesn't say anything. AL is the only place that sent out the BOLO with Gail listed as Missing Endangered. Is that correct??

Wow. What a mess.

Almost. :) I know Chattanooga PD sent out some of the BOLOs. I'll have to look up who else sent them out. I just dont' remember right off. There may be something in that video that shows which agency the dispatcher is with.

No, a reporter actually thought lead had switched to HCSO, and posted that, but LE corrected the reporter, and the reporter posted the correction.

Please provide the LINK you are quoting... and I would appreciate seeing the LINK you offered to pull up for me earlier as well. You remarked about the alleged phone calls and drive by's AD supposedly made while in Batesville, MS. I would definitely like to see those LINKS please... since you have stated that it was public information. I look forward to reading the articles.:waitasec:

Endangered is most often given to adults when the person has a physical or mental condition. I've seen it given to children for other reasons, but I don't know of any adults given Endangered for any other reason. (Holly Bobo was mentioned, but she's categorized as a child, not an adult.)

Since no reports have come out of any physical illnesses for Gail, I'm assuming it's for mental. I certainly could be wrong.

But when I combine the reports from multiple people of behavior outside the norm in that last week, with no reports of physical conditions, that is what *I think*.

Since LE didn't think she had a mental condition, I wonder if they classified her as Missing Endangered because she "disappeared under unexplained or suspicious circumstances"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed