TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melodie, I am pretty familiar with the Suck Creek side of the river and entrance to Prentis Cooper State Forest and all, but I have always wanted to explore the south bank of the river and today seems like a good day for that!

One never knows what one may see. If you take a trip, please be careful. I will be on high alert for my own safety as well as for any "note worthy" sights.

Bean, I don't know whether or not the aerial search took place, but I would be thrilled if it did (although aerials are unfortunately hampered by foliage in the region at this time of year- and don't forget the discussion of the April storms as well.)

I imagine it was likely inconclusive, if it occurred. Just my thought, though.

I honestly doubt they would have announced an aerial search. It could have easily happened without anyone knowing about it since helicopters go over the county all the time.

But you are also correct that unless the Jeep is out in the open somewhere, they aren't going to find it this time of year. Too much foliage.

A few years ago I moved to Chatanooga,TN from Alabama. When I applied for my TN driver's license, I had to surrender my AL license in order to receive my new one from the state of TN. A couple of years later I returned to Alabama, and had to surrender my TN license in order to regain my Alabama license. I don't think Gail could have 2 driver's license from two different states....they confiscate the one from your former state before you can get a new one in your current state. They've done that for many years.

That's correct, so I don't think Gail had Driver's License from both states (see rules below).

I think the confusion is over the tags on the Jeep, which are Alabama tags. Those would be okay, I believe, because they owned property in Alabama. Totally different topic, imo.

I don't think we know anything much about Gail's driver's license except that it was left at home when she drove away.

It's odd. I'm not sure about whether she left her purse too and I don't have time to find a link to confirm, although Forums4Justice has it on the Timeline:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136222"]TN Gail Palmgren Timeline http://bit.ly/lVCfth - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

From Tennessee State Government Website:

http://www.tn.gov/safety/driverlicense/dlnew.htm

•All new or returning residents must surrender their out-of-state license at time of application for Tennessee license. Tennessee law does not allow a resident of this state to hold more than one valid driver license or ID. Only foreign country licenses/IDs may be retained.

•All new or returning residents must take a Tennessee vision screening at the full-service driver service center. There are additional requirements for commercial driver license holders.

•New or returning residents whose out of state license has been expired for more than six months must take the Tennessee knowledge exam, road skills test, and vision screening.

•New residents from other countries are required to take full tests: vision screening, knowledge exam, and road skills test. They will be allowed to keep the license issued by that country.

as for the license. I have lost mine in the past and then gone and gotten a replacement. Then I found the lost one and voila, I had 2 licenses.

<snip>
This is why I would like to pursue the route(s) Gail may have traveled, after she was last seen at Signal Mnt. If we're not ruling out anything just yet- because we really have very little fact to go on here- this remains a possibility in my mind. It would not be the first time for me, that's for sure.

BBM - based on your excellent record of locations, is there a way to get from the top of the mountain (Big Fork) to the suck creek area (within 1/2 a mile near Walmart) the back way? Signal Mountain encompasses Hamilton, Sequatchie, and Marion County in parts.

Here is a recent article that struct my curiosity, that actually references Gail that I haven't seen before (sorry if previously posted).

Prentice Cooper, Bowater property (now closed to off-road) and Big Fork. However, we called it "PMS Road" because of a sign on the Sequatchie side that had to do with a Presbyterian Church (the trail connects Highway 127, back of Signal and 27, Suck Creek).
If someone wanted to get off badly enough without being seen, what would it truly take in reopening the road with a jeep?
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203338.asp

As a matter of fact, a friend of mine rode their motorcycle into Prentice Cooper and broke down. It took him overnight (from 7PM - 5AM) to literally drag the motorcycle out of the forest, there was no cell phone service until he emerged on Suck Creek road and could call for help.

Back from my day tripping along the south bank of the TN river and into some small towns and small highways in Marion county. Didn't see anything of interest to anyone except myself...

I did realize though, as I kept an eye out for the jeep, that if someone didn't want the jeep to be seen...well...it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I'm not surprised it hasn't been found yet now.

Taken from the below article Gail said she only talked with Matt once on the phone that week. He told her he "would be filing for a legal separation on Tuesday."
http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

We have been told Gail was preparing for divorce but did MP move things along quicker than she was ready for and felt she needed to go collect the tracking device that weekend. It sounds like the trip to the lake house wasn&#8217;t planned so did she get down there and realise she hadn&#8217;t had a chance to retrieve the tracking device.

Could MP threaten to change the locks to the house that weekend so she headed back in a hurry to make sure she could still access the house. Do we know if Gail was planning on staying in Signal Mountain after the divorce or was she going to move to the Lake House?

Would the LE have check if Gail had lost and then requested a new licence to eliminate the fact the one found at the house could be one of two she had?

Just thinking out aloud again, all of this is just my thoughts and not fact.

Taken from the below article Gail said she only talked with Matt once on the phone that week. He told her he "would be filing for a legal separation on Tuesday."

We have been told Gail was preparing for divorce but did MP move things along quicker than she was ready for and felt she needed to go collect the tracking device that weekend. It sounds like the trip to the lake house wasn’t planned so did she get down there and realise she hadn’t had a chance to retrieve the tracking device.

Could MP threaten to change the locks to the house that weekend so she headed back in a hurry to make sure she could still access the house. Do we know if Gail was planning on staying in Signal Mountain after the divorce or was she going to move to the Lake House?

Would the LE have check if Gail had lost and then requested a new licence to eliminate the fact the one found at the house could be one of two she had?

bolded by me.

As far as the bolded part, checking back with the timeline, the trip to the lake house on Apr. 29 was instigated by a fight they had. 911 was called and MP said he'd stay at the house in SM, while Gail would take the children to the lake.

snipped...

We started talking about it right around this part of the last thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140333&page=7

At #173 when JBean posted about it. It's sort of off and on discussion from there, but we had some choice words as you can imagine.

We don't know if those quotes are from the couple who live in Hoover or if MP's lawyer was paraphrasing what they said. You're right, it IS funky wording, really almost salacious and over the top. As for the 911 call, surely there would be a police record, but no one has provided it. It's all rumor as far as we know, something one of Matt's lawyers released.

Sleuthy1 mentioned a few things about that couple, called Mr. and Mrs. G., who were quoted and/or paraphrased. It's just rumor but it's interesting to note:

TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6 - Page 26 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That's the informational part with the links. Now, I'm going to speculate!

The Chattanoogan article and Sleuthy1's comments are rumor, but piecing them together, I can see where Gail would have been really upset. If these rumors are true, then this is a couple Gail really trusted. If she found out Mrs. G told Matt all these secrets, she would surely have been very upset. That could account for what the G's later called being "flat f-- up."

Mr. G. is a lawyer according to that article in the Chattanoogan. If Gail was truly having a psychotic break, then Mr. G would know to call the authorities for help. The G's would know not to let kids be in the care of a woman who was that ill. If they were taking the kids to protect them from Gail, then they should have WELCOMED the police there so they could get it straight, get Gail the help she needed, keep the kids from being in a situation where she might become too ill to take care of them. But no, they're complaining about it, saying it was an example of how paranoid and "f-- up" she was. Then they want us to believe that they knew she was mentally ill yet did nothing about it, and are now only bringing the issue up to help defend Matt.

I don't trust these stories. JMVHO.

Glorias, I agree! I cannot believe this came out and IMHO is a pitiful attempt to try and collaborate MP's claims on the court documents. If this happened Easter weekend, GP went home to Signal Mountain with the children and MP left to go on his 'convention'...so he obviously had no worries that GP was capable of taking care of the children, or was he NOT going to change his plans for his known rendezvous with TH? IMHO, for all we know they could have left together as well. JMHO, I am getting tired of the 'make GP look crazy' campaign and hope they can come up with something that may hold water, if necessary. :twocents:

Back from my day tripping along the south bank of the TN river and into some small towns and small highways in Marion county. Didn't see anything of interest to anyone except myself...

I did realize though, as I kept an eye out for the jeep, that if someone didn't want the jeep to be seen...well...it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I'm not surprised it hasn't been found yet now.

Thanks for doing it though, but I have to agree with you! Come Winter, who knows what may be found. :maddening:

I am very suspicious that the text AD received came from LE. First of all, do the police routinely text someone in an important matter, such as this? If a member of LE believes that a person is interfering in an investigation to the point of loosely threatening to have them arrested, would they text that? I would think that their first choice would be a face to face meeting and if the person was not available for that, they would call, at least. I imagine they would want to properly identify themselves and make their point very clear. I believe even if they didn't get an answer, they would leave a message and ask for a call back. I am pretty sure that if AD received a VM message asking her to call LE, she would do that very quickly. I have also seen many "anonymous" people out there with fake profiles and let's just say, sensitive to the innocence of MP, making very harsh and threatening statements online directed at AD and others in the community that are asking questions and trying to help. In my opinion, it is more likely one of these persons sent that text. Has a member of LE admitted to sending that text?
BBM
:twocents:AD followed up after receiving the text(she had Tizzio's # programmed in her cell phonebook). The text senders name came up as : Det. Tizzio upon receipt of the text. Upon making the followup call to Det Tizzio's # AD spoke with Det. Tizzio on the phone ... He(Tizzio)conveyed the same message to AD and abruptly "hung up" on AD. The following day...Det. Tizzio called AD to apologize for hanging up on her, but no apologies for anything else. Does this make this question of WHO sent the text to AD any clearer for all? :twocents:
I hope so
:coffeews:

BBM
:twocents:AD followed up after receiving the text(she had Tizzio's # programmed in her cell phonebook). The text senders name came up as : Det. Tizzio upon receipt of the text. Upon making the followup call to Det Tizzio's # AD spoke with Det. Tizzio on the phone ... He(Tizzio)conveyed the same message to AD and abruptly "hung up" on AD. The following day...Det. Tizzio called AD to apologize for hanging up on her, but no apologies for anything else. Does this make this question of WHO sent the text to AD any clearer for all? :twocents:
I hope so
:coffeews:

Sleuthy1, knowing LE as personal friends, there isn't a doubt in my mind this could happen. They are non-confrontational, for lack of a better word. I am not saying they are not effective as local PD. Remember, we live in sleepy town. Interestingly enough, HCSO is too confrontational...maybe a little power hungry...IMHO of course.

I can vouch for sleuthy and AD and confirm that the text did indeed come from LE.

Sleuthy1, knowing LE as personal friends, there isn't a doubt in my mind this could happen. They are non-confrontational, for lack of a better word. I am not saying they are not effective as local PD. Remember, we live in sleepy town. Interestingly enough, HCSO is too confrontational...maybe a little power hungry...IMHO of course.

I don't know why this surprises me.

We have been told Gail was preparing for divorce but did MP move things along quicker than she was ready for and felt she needed to go collect the tracking device that weekend. It sounds like the trip to the lake house wasn&#8217;t planned so did she get down there and realise she hadn&#8217;t had a chance to retrieve the tracking device.

If there was any truth in the sighting of Gail at Lowes, then maybe she was getting new door locks to change them out since Matt told her he was filing for a legal separation and somebody abducted her at Lowes? Just a thought.

If there was any truth in the sighting of Gail at Lowes, then maybe she was getting new door locks to change them out since Matt told her he was filing for a legal separation. Just a thought.

BBM
Hi Snow ... If I may ask ...What article(s) are you referring to with regard to a "sighting at Lowe's"?
:waitasec:

snipped...

BUT, that being said, how much of this "info" would AD be releasing if LE had acknowledge it in the first place? Really. Why is no one upset that LE supposedly waved her and the info off? IDK, but hopefully, when the county detective went to AL to talk to her, he listened and took it all down.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not upset about it because LE took some stuff from her, just not all. Also, we don't know what she has, it may not be pertinent. And we don't really know the extent of this "ignoring" of AD. She wants LE to stay in touch with her and believe everything she says, but hasn't said a thing as far as I know about LE talking to family. IMVHO, the family should come first before friends, and since we know Diane already said LE told her they couldn't say anything because it might compromise the case, well the same goes for Arlene whether she likes it or not.

It's possible that LE is really dropping the ball on this, but it's also possible that LE knows what it's doing. We don't have enough info to really judge.

[bbm]
18 minutes into broadcast, after discussion regarding computer use issues:

SMM: Are you saying that Matt used devices to track her?
A: Yes
SMM: Do you know what kind of devices he used? Sypware; what kind of technology?
A: I think it’s called gmail or something….
[and then goes on to explain that all of Gail's computer activity was being forwarded to Matt.]

Holy guacamole, that's terrible. See, this is part of the reason why I am not all that concerned about Arlene not being given a direct pipeline to LE. If she doesn't realize Gmail is nothing but web based email, then how accurate is her statement that Matt was using tracking devices? And SMM didn't even question that or clarify it, am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme