TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gardenlady - Wetumpka, AL, also, Titus, AL, I think, not positive on that one. Someone please correct if wrong on that one. Also, had a home in Hoover/Birmingham, AL.

Some1

Yep, those are the cities. I've got the zip codes on my site if anyone needs them to do lookups. Scroll down a little and they're under Properties.
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/gail-palmgren/

Thank you both - I'll start making up a list of email addys for shelters, services, etc in about an hour once I'm off the exercise bike :bicycle:

BBM....A good one too considering all the debris collected and disposed of right after those storms came through on the 27th of April...JMHO
Thanks! Although not an original thought...

If there was foul play (hope not!), not only could Gail be in a landfill, but her clothes, belongings that she had with her, lake-house-travel items, phone (although I would imagine that would be thrown in a body of water, or smashed), etc. I don't recall reading that Gail unloaded her travel items when she dropped her children off at the SM home. Anyone?

snipped

I don't recall reading that Gail unloaded her travel items when she dropped her children off at the SM home. Anyone?

Unfortunately, we don't know if she did or not. It's a big question, too, because her driver's license and credit cards were at the house. No one knows if she left them there after returning from the lake house, forgot them on the 29th and never picked them back up, or what.

I was just checking out the link to Alanon that BrittBritt40 posted above. Clicking to the home page brought up a page telling about a Convention they are getting ready to have Aug. 5-7, that might be a good place to have Gail's info circulating? Anybody have thoughts on that?

Okay, my kids are not being cooperative and letting me get much done today :p but here is a list of contacts so far, if anyone wants to begin mailing them -

Cath family services Birmingham AL. info@cfsbhm.org

Catholic charities, diocese of Birmingham, Edna Townes, Asst Director etownes@bhmdiocese.org

Catholic Charities of Tennessee (middle Tenn): *Eileen Beehan, dept director, social svcs: ebeehan@cctenn.org and Megan Stack, Dept Director, Family assistance & Community Employment: mstack@cctenn.org

Sophia's House (Memphis) is a residential facility that serves homeless women and their children who are victims of domestic violence. All programs offer employment services and assistance with developing permanent housing.
chassity.taylor@acc.cdom.org

Will edit in some others if/when I am able to find them!

Right now I am beyond frustrated as well as angry..... Matt Palmgren, his family and his attorneys want us to believe Gail just ran off, possibly committed suicide due to some imaginary mental illness MP has claimed she was supposed to have........ Personally, I am not buying into what the are attempting to sell or the Red Herrings being thrown out to dellect from any foul play being involved and Matt P being the one who could very well be responsible for her disappearance...
For the record I will quit suspecting Matt P when it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he is not involved... For starters he needs to talk to LE , take an LDT, clear his name and quit hiding behind those criminal defense attorneys he hired almost immediately after Gail disappeared...... JMHO.

Emeralgem,

My gut feeling is that there was foul play. Obviously I would much rather believe that Gail needed a "vacation", but from everything I've read about her (except for what Matt has said), she most likely would not have "took off" for so long without contacting her children, other family, or Arlene.

It almost seems like Matt must have some connections within LE, or least he must have a standup reputation or deep familial roots such that LE seems to believe his word on what happened/didn't happen. Of course, perhaps LE is keeping much undercover until they are further along in the investigation. I feel so bad for her kids!
And Gail's brother and sister...

Emeralgem,

My gut feeling is that there was foul play. Obviously I would much rather believe that Gail needed a "vacation", but from everything I've read about her (except for what Matt has said), she most likely would not have "took off" for so long without contacting her children, other family, or Arlene.

It almost seems like Matt must have some connections within LE, or least he must have a standup reputation or deep familial roots such that LE seems to believe his word on what happened/didn't happen. Of course, perhaps LE is keeping much undercover until they are further along in the investigation. I feel so bad for her kids!
And Gail's brother and sister...

Both my head and my gut tell me it was foul play and my heart hurts for Gail and her two children.
BTW. That picture of Kyron and Desiree hurts my heart too.
I'm sick of women and children being harmed, possibly killed and never being found because the people who were closest to them lawyered up and refuse to talk to LE...I'm also sick of some LE who never apply any real pressure to find out what really happened...JMHO

Both my head and my gut tell me it was foul play and my heart hurts for Gail and her two children.
BTW. That picture of Kyron and Desiree hurts my heart too.
I'm sick of women and children being harmed, possibly killed and never being found because the people who were closest to them lawyered up and refuse to talk to LE...I'm also sick of some LE who never apply any real pressure to find out what really happened...JMHO

I agree with you Em. From the very beginning I smelled a rat in this case. If she just left someone would have seen her by now and I'm certain that she would have called someone in her family or Arlene. She just wouldn't leave her children behind and not stay in contact. I say there is foul play going on here. I pray for Gail and all of those who care about her.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it said that Gail once lived in Louisville, KY, before she lost her job? Could have she gone there?

Thanks! Although not an original thought...

If there was foul play (hope not!), not only could Gail be in a landfill, but her clothes, belongings that she had with her, lake-house-travel items, phone (although I would imagine that would be thrown in a body of water, or smashed), etc. I don't recall reading that Gail unloaded her travel items when she dropped her children off at the SM home. Anyone?

I think the landfill is a long-shot, and they would have to have huge reasons to search there considering it has been 104 degrees in the shade for the past three weeks and we've also had torrential rain.

I don't think there's any reason to search the landfill at this point.

Of course, as many locals have said, there are a million places to dump a body or even a Jeep where it would never be found within easy driving distance of Chattanooga.

Oh, and most of the debris piles after the storm were tree branches and cut-up logs, not bags, even out in the worst hit areas. So it's not like someone could just leave a bag with Gail inside it on top of that. Most of the home construction and clean-up started weeks after the tornadoes. Just saying.

In the Hailey Dunn case there were odd things such as couches being tossed or given away right after she disappeared, and there were pictures of items loaded in a pick-up for the landfill. So they had a good reason to search there.

Does anyone know where Gail grew-up? I noted info saying her sister is from NY. The reason I ask is: Her last name is a bit unusual (maiden) and I went to school with a gal with her same name in NY, same age, etc.

Thanks for any info y'all can provide!

~Mish

Does anyone know where Gail grew-up? I noted info saying her sister is from NY. The reason I ask is: Her last name is a bit unusual (maiden) and I went to school with a gal with her same name in NY, same age, etc.

Thanks for any info y'all can provide!

~Mish

We do have friends of hers who post here, who went to school with her, who can probably answer your question better than I can, but I do believe she is from NY...JMHO

Thanks for responding Emeraldgem!

I've been trying to catch up on info via reading the threads; I noticed on one thread someone said her friend was planning on meeting her in Wetumpka, AL. That's about 10 minutes from where I live...

The first time I saw her name on WS, I recalled attending school with someone having that very same name, in Jamestown, NY. Obviously, due to the proximity of her possible locations here in Alabama AND having the same name as someone I grew-up with- has caused tremendous interest for me in this case.

Perhaps some of the posters here on WS that know her can let me know if she did indeed hail from Western NY. I saw one poster here who states he is from Buffalo- and that it were I was born/not that far from Jmestown.

I appreciate ANY help with this question (where she grew-up)!

~Mish

Thanks for responding Emeraldgem!

I've been trying to catch up on info via reading the threads; I noticed on one thread someone said her friend was planning on meeting her in Wetumpka, AL. That's about 10 minutes from where I live...

The first time I saw her name on WS, I recalled attending school with someone having that very same name, in Jamestown, NY. Obviously, due to the proximity of her possible locations here in Alabama AND having the same name as someone I grew-up with- has caused tremendous interest for me in this case.

Perhaps some of the posters here on WS that know her can let me know if she did indeed hail from Western NY. I saw one poster here who states he is from Buffalo- and that it were I was born/not that far from Jmestown.

I appreciate ANY help with this question (where she grew-up)!

~Mish

Gail graduated from Williamsville East High School in 1985.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Day-...Woman-From-Williamsville-121662839.html?vid=a

According to her LinkedIn, looks like she went there 1981 through 1985
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gail-palmgren/5/774/51b

ETA: I'm not from Buffalo, and never knew Gail - I just have a lot of news articles accumulated on my site. There's one says she grew up in Williamsville I think. I'm looking for it. I don't know the area, so don't know where Williamsville is in relation to Jamestown.

ETA again: lol it's the article I just linked says she grew up in Williamsville. I need new glasses.
Gail grew up in Williamsville and graduated from Williamsville East High School in 1985. She attended the University at Buffalo before moving to Florida for school.
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Day-...Woman-From-Williamsville-121662839.html?vid=a

Gail graduated from Williamsville East High School in 1985.

According to her LinkedIn, looks like she went there 1981 through 1985
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gail-palmgren/5/774/51b

ETA: I'm not from Buffalo, and never knew Gail - I just have a lot of news articles accumulated on my site. There's one says she grew up in Williamsville I think. I'm looking for it. I don't know the area, so don't know where Williamsville is in relation to Jamestown.

ETA again: lol it's the article I just linked says she grew up in Williamsville. I need new glasses.
Gail grew up in Williamsville and graduated from Williamsville East High School in 1985. She attended the University at Buffalo before moving to Florida for school.

MANY thanks, BeanE!:gthanks:

While this can't be the same gal, I truly appreciate knowing one way or another, at last! I don't recall any town with the name "Williamsville" near Jamestown (or Grand Island where I also lived-and Grand Island is nearer to Buffalo than J-town). So that clears up my query!:woot:

This case has now piqued my interest, though I must say I've yet to hear about her case on our local news. I live 20 minutes from Montgomery and thus far there hasn't been any mention via local TV/on-line news.

Thanks again for your help, BeanE!!:tyou:

~Mish

Right now I am beyond frustrated as well as angry..... Matt Palmgren, his family and his attorneys want us to believe Gail just ran off, possibly committed suicide due to some imaginary mental illness MP has claimed she was supposed to have........ Personally, I am not buying into what the are attempting to sell or the Red Herrings being thrown out to dellect from any foul play being involved and Matt P being the one who could very well be responsible for her disappearance...
For the record I will quit suspecting Matt P when it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he is not involved... For starters he needs to talk to LE , take an LDT, clear his name and quit hiding behind those criminal defense attorneys he hired almost immediately after Gail disappeared...... JMHO.

:twocents:Agree completely with you. Do you think not naming a POI in this case might be a LE strategy? As in, that changes things and they would rather avoid that for the time being?

After sitting and thinking about this case for hours, I have decided that I completely agree with Emeralgem and snowbunny, there very well may have been foul play involved. Gail has been gone a long time, and I think had she needed a break she would have surely felt like coming home by now.

However, I am inclined to believe that AD or the siblings are the ones that are hiding something.

AD is constanty talking, constantly bashing and accusing Matt. I think she may be trying to divert attention from herself. First we have the run Gail made to Birmingham around Easter. Of course the police report hasn't been released to the public, but we know that Gail ran away from the lake where AD was and to the other people in Birmingham. It also seems so odd that on the 30th, Gail called Diane in NY multiple times, she talked with LE on signal Mtn. She even, according to some people, called Matt, but she CHOSE NOT TO CALL her self proclaimed best friend AD? (who btw she had plans with that day and who lived close to where she was?). Makes no sense. Either Gail had to have some mental issues going on which really affected her judgement, or maybe she was trying to sneak away from AD. If AD's statements are true, then she was very involved in Gails life. She also was pushing Gail to do things, i.e. get a PI, put a tracer on Matts car (which I think is illegal), file for divorce. Maybe Gail got tired of being pushed. AD has stated that Gail was afraid of Matt. If she were that afraid of Matt, there's no way she would run away from her best friend (without telling her) and back to SM and Matt (calling him to let him know she was coming) and then leave the kids there with him. Absolutely no way on this earth a mother would do that if she were afraid of the father/husband. So again, that doesn't make sense.

Confused, just adding my thoughts here, I apologize in advance for breaking up your paragraph with BBM, but I think it may be easier and less confusing to put together. You have obviously put a lot of thought into all of this and that is great! You have made a lot of interesting points, I am just adding what I know to those for you to ponder. ...just adding to puzzle!

After sitting and thinking about this case for hours, I have decided that I completely agree with Emeralgem and snowbunny, there very well may have been foul play involved. Gail has been gone a long time, and I think had she needed a break she would have surely felt like coming home by now.
I agree with you confused, and it has been too long since she disappeared.
confused said:
However, I am inclined to believe that AD or the siblings are the ones that are hiding something.
I am sure that thought may have crossed a lot of folks minds, but I myself am more inclined (with regard to the family), that the are in the midst of a long-distance, behind the scenes and more quiet effort. It may also be helpful to remember that their only possible connections with the children at this time are with MP. Sometimes, for the sake of the children (or out of fear of completely losing touch), a more measured and undertoned plan of action may work best. Especially as time continues to go by. As for AD, she has been active and open from the start, available to LE, and advocating for GP.

confused said:
AD is constanty talking, constantly bashing and accusing Matt. I think she may be trying to divert attention from herself
. In hindsight, I consider the statements she has made thus far we have seen to be proven accurate and consistant. Yes, she has also expressed her personal opinion, but so has everyone else here. The difference is, she and GP are best friends, she is doing what any of us would hope a close friend might do in similar circumstances. If she were trying to divert attention away from herself, she would not be out on the air, in public, working with LE and resurfacing the raw pain and guilt of not being able to help.
confused said:
First we have the run Gail made to Birmingham around Easter. Of course the police report hasn't been released to the public, but we know that Gail ran away from the lake where AD was and to the other people in Birmingham.
This particular weekend I recall (from one of the interviews I think) that GP had called AD because she was frightened. AD was tending to a livestock situation and was unable to make the trip over to GP's lakehouse (not the A-frame next to AD's property), this would normally take about 45 minutes or so. Instead, AD asked Mike to run over there to check on her. By the time he had arrived, GP had already left and apparently headed to Birmingham.

confused said:
It also seems so odd that on the 30th, Gail called Diane in NY multiple times, she talked with LE on signal Mtn. She even, according to some people, called Matt, but she CHOSE NOT TO CALL her self proclaimed best friend AD? (who btw she had plans with that day and who lived close to where she was?). Makes no sense
. I recall (again from one of the interviews) that AD was traveling that morning to and from a goat show I think, and was in and out of cell coverage areas. I believe also, that GP did attempt to get through to AD, but AD did not know about this until she later hit an area where she had coverage again. AD then continue to attempt contact with GP, then directly with the family home phone and was told by MP that GP had come home but had left. IMO, based on the information above, GP did reach out to AD, DN and LE. DN and LE were readily available, and GP was obviously frightened and concerned enough (for what reasons, we still do not know definitively), to request that LE meet her at the home.

confused said:
Either Gail had to have some mental issues going on which really affected her judgement, or maybe she was trying to sneak away from AD. If AD's statements are true, then she was very involved in Gails life. She also was pushing Gail to do things, i.e. get a PI, put a tracer on Matts car (which I think is illegal), file for divorce. Maybe Gail got tired of being pushed.
For the reasons I listed above, I think it unlikely she was sneaking away from AD. AD was out of town that morning and unavailable until late morning. Yes, they did discuss and I am sure GP confided in, and accepted advice from a friend who had previously been in a divorce, not uncommon between friends. I also have to note, that GP followed all of the recommended "exit steps and preparations" as provided by many DV counseling agencies including the ones outlined in the Catholic Church DV guidelines and the HCSO own website.

confused said:
AD has stated that Gail was afraid of Matt. If she were that afraid of Matt, there's no way she would run away from her best friend (without telling her) and back to SM and Matt (calling him to let him know she was coming) and then leave the kids there with him. Absolutely no way on this earth a mother would do that if she were afraid of the father/husband. So again, that doesn't make sense
I too have considered this scenario numerous times and here is where I have landed - again, as above, AD was out of the area and not reachable via cell the morning GP left the lakehouse to return to SM. It is a mystery why she chose to leave and suddenly return to SM when there were plans later (all in AL) in the day for a friend's birthday party, taking the children to visit AD's new foal, and MP's planned visit that afternoon which was to include talking to the children as a family about the upcoming separation and divorce. She had been taking plate numbers, and again was frightened by someone. For whatever reason she got spooked early that morning and returned, unplanned to SM. Did she get a call prompting her to return to SM? if so, by whom? For whatever reason, she did return to SM and it had to be a significant or urgent reason in order to not attend a friends birthday party and to not take the kids to see the foal. As for her being afraid of Matt, maybe she was - for herself. Afraid to have the kids around their father? Maybe whatever prompted her to return to SM, then subsequently rush out of the house without acknowleding her friend (SB)...well, maybe she felt that might have been more of a safety concern. Or maybe just something the children did not need to hear or witness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman