TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I MUST SAY I HAVE LISTENED 3 TIMES NOW TO THE INTERVIEW AND I HEAR NOTHING IN WHAT JAMMER CLAIMED DAVIS'S REPLY TO BE

Does that mean today's interview is online somewhere? :crossfingers:

A couple of snippets from today's WRCBTv article:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/1506257...case-could-turn-criminal-therefore-no-comment

"If it is a criminal case it's going to end up in court one day," said Atkinson, "and you don't want anything you do or say to come back and impact the outcome of the case."

Atkinson won't comment on leads, persons of interest or evidence. She will only say the investigation has turned up no signs of foul play.

"There's been no evidence of foul play, at this point," she said.

I personally like hearing them acknowledge there may be a criminal issue or evidence of foul play in the future. Just because there isn't now doesn't mean much; if the Jeep or Gail are found, that's going to change everything.

Palmgren's attorneys have also refused on camera interviews, saying media attention is bad for their client.

Ah, the familiar refrain of "stop talking about this because it hurts Matt." Now we're getting it straight from his lawyers, too.

Matthew Palmgren has submitted DNA, consented to property searches and lost his job over his wife's disappearance. He has not been charged with a crime.

You know, this has been irking me something fierce lately. Matt did NOT lose his job because Gail went missing. Matt lost his job because he was sleeping with a co-worker and they both skipped out on an out-of-state meeting that BCBS paid for them to attend. Even his lawyer said he wasn't fired because of the Gail situation in this article:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14865580

In reference to "Jammer" anyone know IF he is clean and sober now? I don't listen to his program..I don't even know what station he is affiliated with anymore.. He has been fired or let go from several last I heard..JMHO

He was on 102.3 (still let go from his job) just filled in a few days here and there. The new interview for today doesn't appear to be uploaded to youtube yet. :waitasec: Hopefully, it will be!

RSBM:

glorias;6893311]A couple of snippets from today's WRCBTv article:

Palmgren's attorneys have also refused on camera interviews, saying media attention is bad for their client.
Ah, the familiar refrain of "stop talking about this because it hurts Matt." Now we're getting it straight from his lawyers, too.
IMO, I don't think it's a matter of stop talking, but rather D & H are using the media and Jammer anyway they can (their mouthpiece) to get their spin in. As, Janice stated about LE, if this case goes to court---- and if anything stated by anyone else in media comes up for question... "It was their mistake or misquote" not the lawyers because they didnt say it directly. kwim? The mouthpiece "misunderstood". LE and lawyers do this all the time when they don't want to comment....or answer questions straightaway.

Quote:
Matthew Palmgren has submitted DNA, consented to property searches and lost his job over his wife's disappearance. He has not been charged with a crime.
You know, this has been irking me something fierce lately. Matt did NOT lose his job because Gail went missing. Matt lost his job because he was sleeping with a co-worker and they both skipped out on an out-of-state meeting that BCBS paid for them to attend. Even his lawyer said he wasn't fired because of the Gail situation in this article:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/1506257...case-could-turn-criminal-therefore-no-comment
Much agree. This keeps irking me to...to no end. You can't be dismissed/fired for suspicion. He (they) more or less "stole" from the company, not to mention the proven deceptiveness in their intentions. AND we haven't heard what emails or texts have been uncovered with their company owned property.

RSBM
I want to say that Gail was with Arlene that night until 11, but I can't remember where I got that from - could be my imagination. :) Anyway between sometime the night of the 29th, and sometime the next morning, Gail decided to head back to Signal Mountain, so that phone call would have taken place sometime in there.
I believe AD stated she last saw GP at 7:15pm the night of the 29th. Believe it was stated on one of the interviews with Jammer, but don't hold me to that. Wasn't AD the one who said if they knew who Gail talked to between 7:30 pm and 6:30 am, that person would be the one to talk to. (Paraphrasing here.) ??

What are the legal obligations of a PI if he finds something incriminating against his own client. Is he bound by some ethics/client confidentiality clause to only tell his client/clients attorney and not the LE or does he have to go straight to the LE? Are they covered like Dr, lawyers and priests? Sorry if these seem stupid question but I don’t know anything about PI’s and how they work.

Let me put this as delicately as I can. :innocent:

I don't think there is a PI "code of ethics" or anything as there is with police or attorneys.

Therefore, whatever binds them to their client is (a) money (and how much), and (b) whatever moral compass they have as a person.

And they work for themselves so they don't answer to an ethics committee or higher authority.

So even if someone "used to be a respected police officer," that doesn't impress me much. Once they take money from someone with an agenda, it's not the same thing as being a cop - in fact, it's more like a cop taking a bribe to look the other way sometimes. :twocents:

You can see how someone might start to cross lines or get into trouble while investigating.

Just my opinion. :cow:

Can/will a PI step outside the role his client has hired him for and look for information on where Gail might be if he hasn’t been asked to do that as such?

Again, I think you have to look at who pays his bills. :innocent:

This post is just some thoughts on why someone might hire a PI other than to help find a missing person and no I am not saying MP is guilty of anything, just some thoughts and questions I had when some asked why he would hire a PI if he has something to hide.

Well, if you read the news thread going back a few weeks (see link in my signature) you'll find that this PI gets around alot, and he's not "searching for Gail" as much as trying to force Arlene to turn over stuff to Matt (not the police).

What has he really been searching for? I have no idea. To me, MP has never seemed that eager to have his wife come home.

Does that mean today's interview is online somewhere? :crossfingers:

Bret D Hogan has already uploaded the woman that was interviewed by Jammer today on the radio(just prior to Arlene's interview today)....so look for him to upload the Arlene Durham interview sometime today(I would think). If you "subscribe" to his youtube profile....he will send you an email as soon as he uploads his next audio file...Soooo....Watch Bret Hogan's youtube activity (or subscribe and get an email sent to you when he uploads NEW audio recordings). Here is the LINK:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bretdhogan

I'm right there with you Em. Its been stated that MP was meeting with different people in the Chattanooga area before GP went missing. GP's PI tracked him to an ATM where he pulled money out and then met with a stranger after that. My gut feelings have told me on more than one ocassion that this guy has dirty hands and I just can't seem to shake those feelings. When I hear AD mention how MP would make comments to GP on several ocassions that things will be better when she is gone or that she is a terrible mother, etc, that speaks volumes to me. It sounds to me like GP endured a lot of mental abuse at the hands of her husband as well. From all I've read and heard this poor woman was in fear for her life. I fought the idea of getting a divorce as well because I'm Catholic, but I spoke with my priest about divorce and he told me there was a death in the marriage and that's when I made a decision to get out. My exhusband was excommunicated from the church, I was not. My heart hurts for GP and those children. I just hope that TH realizes that if MP will leave his wife for her, nothing says he won't leave her too when he gets tired of her. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Seems to me he wasn't THAT serious about TH as she may have thought; as much as we've heard about his womanizing and flirtatious ways. Seems MP likes to use and abuse, imo. Manipulate to meet his various goals and most of all-- keep his perceived image intact. Of course, his best defense would be to blame it all on the alcohol...as the behaviors, like skipping out on a work commitment are not something his image would do. :rolleyes:

Apparently some of the meetings uncovered by GP's PI were with other women. Who were these women? We're they just friends, acquaintances or someone who be willing to get in the game, so to speak, if that was his intention. Following, stalking or otherwise.

I'm not one for wanting the worst case scenario here to become fruition, but there are just too many red flags surrounding this case, in many ways from the get go. IMO.

Would be interesting to know if the counselor the children are said to be seeing were a recommendation from the law firm too?

All just my opinions.

Odd. She probably IS credible, but being credible doesn't automatically confirm that she saw Gail. I don't personally have an opinion on that sighting because I have no idea whether that was Gail or not, but I DO know that it's not officially confirmed, no matter what Jammer claims.
:twocents::twocents:Correct: To date there has been no official police report made (and copy given to CC) with regard to this alleged sighting X3 on the Big Fork Trails Saturday April 30th 2011 between 4:30 & 6:30pm EST, as CC alleges. Apparently, CC has taken the HCSO investigators out personally to the section of the trails where CC allegedly saw The Jeep, Gail and an unknown woman passenger X3 that early evening. If C.C. is so credible, then why hasn't a police report been filed, as this is an ongoing police investigation? Okay.....maybe tips are treated differently (as someone stated earlier, when I brought this up last week), but come on...:twocents:

:twocents::twocents:I have been in contact with a few local reporters who have close associations/contacts with the local Police/Sheriff's departments and I am told that the local LEO's really don't buy the reported sighting, as stated by CC and don't put much stock in it. IMO~ I never did either....I mean come on~ CC allegedly sees the Jeep and it's two occupants at least 3 times that evening ....And allegedly C.C. claims that it was definitely GP (especially after she saw the news reports and pix of GP 1 week after she went missing).....C.C. says she can give the unknown passengers approximate height and weight... C.C. notices that the passenger in the Jeep hides her face and turns away and that GP looks scared "like a deer in the headlights". C.C. also alledges that the Jeep stopped next to another vehicle (an unknown pickup truck) to have a conversation with someone in the "pickup truck", but NEVER states ANY INFORMATION about the pickup truck ~ example: it's COLOR, make, model, possible year of the pickup truck OR what the driver of the pickup looked like (was male or female)....If there was more than one person in the pickup truck. One would think at least the color of the pickup would be noticed. :twocents:

:twocents::twocents:Then she said SHE saw them 3 distinct times that evening on the trails...hmm.....3 X's but nobody else saw this that night...Nobody else saw them...? Very odd. Just because this woman used to be a writer for the timesfreepress, doesn't give her "automatic credibility" in my book. She could be a local "kook"...anything is possible. Maybe that's why she decided she didn't want her name mentioned in subsequent articles, after the first interview. I hate to tell her, but it's too late for that ... cat's outta the bag on that one. It's out there now... no taking that back unfortunately for her.:twocents:

:twocents:Remember, Jammer was also pushing Lee Davis's story about the properties in Alabama already being officially searched (AD vehemently disagreed with Jammer....but he didn't choose to believe AD....Jammer chose Lee Davis's story instead)....Jammer kept saying, Hamilton County authorities said this and Hamilton County said that....Well....If Jammer is so quick to brag and say how thoroughly he researches his subject(s) before his interviews, then I must ask Jammer the following question: .....WHY DON'T YOU MAKE A FEW CALLS TO THE ELMORE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE IN ALABAMA AND ASK THAT GROUP OF ALABAMA L.E. OFFICIALS WHAT HAS AND HAS NOT BEEN DONE in Alabama, TO DATE. Afterall, that is their jurisdiction/territory, not Hamilton county's. Wouldn't they know best. Would they have to be given the courtesy of an official notification by investigators from a different state, if an official search was made or is scheduled for a future date? Maybe Jammer should ask Hamilton county what happens in Hamilton county and Elmore county what happened, or will happen in Elmore County Alabama. Why rely on Lee Davis to actually tell Jammer the truth? Are lawyers known for their honesty? Especially, when they are not in court infront of a judge? JMOHO:twocents::twocents:

I didn't get to listen to the whole interview, just the very end. Hope they have it on tape!

I am interested in the statement released by MP's attorney, Davis, that 'there's no truth to MM taking things out of the residence (or was it lake house?):waitasec:

just wonderin'
fran

:twocents:It was both properties. MM was seen removing items from the Signal Mountain home at 40 Ridge Rock Road on May17th (the day of the Press conference) and then again in Alabama from the lake House on May 19th, interestingly enough, on the same day MM drove down to Alabama to hand deliver Matt's demand to hand over the keys to both GP's "A" frame (in Titus ~ next door to AD) and the P's summer home (in Wetumpka on the lake) and the infamous security surveillance audio/video ~ DVR/recorder that GP gave to AD to hold for safe keeping until she returned to collect it from her. I am told by a very credible source, there are eye witnesses to these events and they would testify if called upon to do so. So, it is MHO that Mr. Lee Davis was not being, how shall I say, completely truthful, when he shared that information with Jammer recently. But, in all honesty, I cannot say that this really surprises me at all....Remember, JMOHO :twocents:

I find the keys (including the boat key) a curious point.

Since when does anyone need keys for access to, umm, most anything? Is it a legal issue?

Also, it brings to mind the key to Gail's jeep.
Is there a spare?

What are the legal obligations of a PI if he finds something incriminating against his own client. Is he bound by some ethics/client confidentiality clause to only tell his client/clients attorney and not the LE or does he have to go straight to the LE? Are they covered like Dr, lawyers and priests? Sorry if these seem stupid question but I don’t know anything about PI’s and how they work.

Has his roll been to try collect up all the information that GP had been putting out there, recover documents etc. to get it back into the hands of MP & his attorney. That sure would help MP and his attorney be well prepared with what he needs to do to cover his butt. Can/will a PI step outside the roll his client has hired him for and look for information on where Gail might be if he hasn’t been asked to do that as such?

This post is just some thoughts on why someone might hire a PI other than to help find a missing person and no I am not saying MP is guilty of anything, just some thoughts and questions I had when some asked why he would hire a PI if he has something to hide.

Matt's PI was hired specifically to help find Gail - this has been stated by Matt's attorneys in the media several times. Because of one of AZlawyer's answers in Gail's legal/law question thread, I'm led to believe those statements hold some legal weight.

Based on what AZlawyer said, I *think* ordinarily when a PI is working with an attorney, as Matt's PI is, their work, including information they uncover, is considered 'work product', and therefore governed by that state's laws on attorney/client confidentiality. That's covered by what I've seen referred to as 'work product privilege'. I *think* that is basically governed by what attorneys have to disclose, and when they have to disclose it (such as discovery laws).

**But**, again, based on what AZlawyer said, because it's been stated Matt's PI was hired to help find Gail, I think his work, or some portion thereof, under certain conditions, may *not* be covered by the work product privelege.

Your question is a good one, and I am also interested in a 'real' answer, rather than just my own amateur opinions. :) So I hope you will post it the legal/law questions thread we have for Gail's case, where a 'real' attorney will answer you, and we can all learn about it. :)

AZlawyer is answering our legal/law questions for Gail's case in this thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142744"]TN TN -Legal Questions for our Verified Attorneys - Gail Palmgren case - *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:waitasec:Statement from Bryan Hoss in written form with regard to the 13 questions channel 3 submitted to them in advance. Of course they did not answer ONE question....but they were nice enough to send channel 3 this lovely statement in response to their request for answer to 13 questions :::
"From day one, we have provided both the Signal Mountain Police and the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department with physical evidence, investigative leads, financial information, personal information, DNA samples, access to all of Palmgren's real property and face to face meetings with his investigator, Mike Mathis. As his attorneys, both Lee (Davis) and I have met with law enforcement and been in constant contact with them throughout this process. We will continue to assist and cooperate in the missing person investigation of Gail Palmgren.":loser:

:twocents: Neither,Matt, his mother or the children have been interviewed by ANY law enforcement officer/investigator on this case. Apparently, Mr. Hoss believes that speaking to Mike Mathis, who was hired 3 weeks after Gail went missing should suffice. Why bother??? This is totally a sham...I feel bad for the investigators....their hands seem to be tied because Hoss and Davis (and Mike Mathis) seem to be running the show up there on Signal Mountain, Tennessee:banghead:

I think I know what the confusion is regarding the search of the lake house.

- It's been reported in several articles that the lake house and property it's on was searched during the week of May 11. There's even a video with a LEO talking about it in a manner that indicates he was there.

- Now along comes approx June 8, and we've got the search agreement, which includes these properties:

The consent order lists five locations for the search:
The Palmgren family residence at 40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain
439 Easy St., Wetumpka, Ala.
481 Jordan Lake Road, Titus Ala.
A public storage unit in Red Bank
Matt Palmgren’s mother’s residence in Chattanooga

Those two AL properties are reported now as not yet having been searched, but planned to be searched... soon (no date).

- I think the search during the week of May 11 was more of a cursory search, e.g., they didn't take or copy documents, spray Luminol, dust for fingerprints, those sorts of things, and I think those sorts of things are planned to be done under the search agreement... soon.

So... everybody's right in this. The lake house both has, and has not, been searched. Just depends what kind of search you're talking about. :)

ETA:
Alabama police join search for missing mother
http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14698557
WRCB – Updated: May 23, 2011 7:29 PM EDT

Police in Wetumpka tell Eyewitness News they have searched the Palmgren’s lake house for clues to her disappearance.

A Missing Woman Investigation Leads Tennessee Police to Elmore County
WAKA - Thursday, 19 May 2011 10:57 pm
"Basically they just got with a couple of our investigators and went to the residence that this family owns here in Elmore County off of Easy Street. Just got a layout of the residence and the land," said Elmore County's Deputy Chief, Ricky Lowery.

Deputy Chief Lowery says they looked for Palmgren's car or any signs of foul play at her Easy Street home, but nothing was found.

It's the video at the bottom of this page that has the LEO. I don't know who he is.

"There's been a lot of man power and a lot of man hours on this case," said Janice Atkinson, spokesperson for the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.

Well! There's the problem right there. They need more woman power and woman hours!

:great:

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :angel:)

From this article, what jumped out at me was "Matthew Palmgren has submitted DNA, consented to property searches and lost his job over his wife's disappearance. He has not been charged with a crime."

Interesting how Gail is presented as the cause of MP's problems. She did NOT cause him to lose his job. His impropriety and dishonesty did.

Of interest, I posted this at the BGHN on facebook and MP's brother KP was responding to posts over there. You may want to scroll through there to glean his response to things. He basically said we are throwing stones at his brother and wonders, "how does MPs being fired by BCBS help the children." IMO, MP should have thought about that question long before he crossed the bridge in misusing BCBS funds and equipment. This has nothing to do with the children, and I don't think that trump card can be used now!

Of interest, I posted this at the BGHN on facebook and MP's brother KP was responding to posts over there. You may want to scroll through there to glean his response to things. He basically said we are throwing stones at his brother and wonders, "how does MPs being fired by BCBS help the children." IMO, MP should have thought about that question long before he crossed the bridge in misusing BCBS funds and equipment. This has nothing to do with the children, and I don't think that trump card can be used now!

Odd. Was that Matt's brother or Gail's brother KN? I ask only because I've heard similar sentiments attributed to KN and his wife, too.

This idea that Matt was fired from BCBS because Gail disappeared needs to be nipped in the bud. Gail disappearing only highlighted the issue; he was already misusing travel funds and carrying on with a co-worker and who knows what else. BCBS surely had their legal ducks in a row before they fired him, so there must have been cause. "Your wife disappeared" isn't cause.

I am somewhat confused over the BCBS firing as well.

AZlawyer stated in the Q&A attorney thread that the only MSM article found was the one stating MP was fired b/c of 'the distraction' at work due to Gail's disappeance.

Other reports say misuse of property- and then other reports say misconduct.

Why would a company such as BCBS fire an employee because their spouse has disappeared... and the other spouse was distraught and preoccupied by that??

I would think they would cut their employee a break there- a leave, or something- not fire them (?)

Unless there was a lot more known about the circumstances? Just thinking out loud, and trying to figure out what the heck is going on here.

Gail, where are you??

Glorias, per your question:

"Odd. Was that Matt's brother or Gail's brother KN? I ask only because I've heard similar sentiments attributed to KN and his wife, too."

On the BGHN fb page it was definitely K & S Palmgren posting after having been in some sort of conversation/forum where CB was involved. You can see their full names on their posts clearly on yesterday's evening postings. CB welcomed him as MP's brother and said he does want to hear from them, too, and understands that he would want to "stick up" for his brother.

I am somewhat confused over the BCBS firing as well.

AZlawyer stated in the Q&A attorney thread that the only MSM article found was the one stating MP was fired b/c of 'the distraction' at work due to Gail's disappeance.

Other reports say misuse of property- and then other reports say misconduct.

Why would a company such as BCBS fire an employee because their spouse has disappeared... and the other spouse was distraught and preoccupied by that??

I would think they would cut their employee a break there- a leave, or something- not fire them (?)

Unless there was a lot more known about the circumstances? Just thinking out loud, and trying to figure out what the heck is going on here.

Gail, where are you??

Not trying to speak for AZ, but she'd just come to this case, and I think she was saying that was the only article she could find at that time.

There are other articles that list the reasons for the termination. My impression from the articles has never been that Matt was fired unfairly because his wife went missing. My impression has been that Matt was fired because he misused company time, money, emails, equipment, travel funds, was not working at times when he was being paid to work, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000