TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that thinks this may not be coincidence?

Is it possible that:

1) The recent attention on GP's case caused someone to have an attack of conscience about this old case and come forward with information?

2) The police have a POI in this old case and realized that person may have some remote connection to Gail or Matt?

3) Other?

I wonder if the TBI ran case profiles for matches and something about Gail's case made this case pop up.

Governor Haslam has offered a reward for Gail as well as Holly Bobo and Shelley Mook.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979635603

Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is offering reward funds for three different unsolved missing persons cases.

If it was Sunday, then I think we can rule out MP being angry at GP for "abandoning" the children. GP had only been gone 24 hours at this point, and I think he had said that at that point he wasn't concerned and assumed she was coming back, thus why he hadn't reported anything to LE at that time.

I remember something about Matt saying she had gone away before but always stayed in touch with the kids. I don't remember the coming back part. Do you remember where you saw or heard that? Article, video, forum discussion, interview, etc?

Governor Haslam has offered a reward for Gail as well as Holly Bobo and Shelley Mook.

That's one of the pay-for-clicks blogs, and I don't think that's accurate.

I'm not clicking the link because I don't want to contribute to the blogger's exploitation of missing persons and their families, but I'm gonna bet it's that Hoffman woman.

Am I the only one that thinks this may not be coincidence?

Is it possible that:

1) The recent attention on GP's case caused someone to have an attack of conscience about this old case and come forward with information?

2) The police have a POI in this old case and realized that person may have some remote connection to Gail or Matt?

3) Other?

Authorities said, "A ground search is being conducted of the area where Melissa Ward’s remains were located in December 2004. Interviews with persons of interest are being conducted by investigators in an attempt to bring closure to this active homicide investigation."

The body had been found by attorney Bryan Hoss in a remote area off Cash Canyon Road.

Way too wierd....JMHO

When I was looking at the maps not too long ago, I also thought Huntsville and Birmingham, AL would be good places to be getting the word out. You pass pretty close to these metropolitan areas when driving to/from Chattanooga and Titus or Wetumpka, AL. Could the car have been abandoned in one of these metropolitan areas (no matter which theory you buy into?)

Also, if the car had been abandoned somewhere and then towed, would the tow yard know the vehicle was the subject of an alert?

I believe there is family within the Huntsville area.

As far as the vehicle being abandoned or towed, the owner would either try to get in touch with owners or notify LE. He wants to be paid. Remember the towing of CA's car?

I'm not clicking the link because I don't want to contribute to the blogger's exploitation of missing persons and their families, but I'm gonna bet it's that Hoffman woman.

'K then. Just want to say for the record that I don't have a dang clue what you're talking about, but if a moderator tells me to remove that link I will. (And I sent a PM to a mod to ask.)

Interesting that the VERY DAY he was forced to report Gail missing, because of the urging of her family, also the same day as the LAST PING of G's phone, is the day he purchased new phones for his entire family. :rolleyes:

Now there's NO WAY LE can check for the text messages on those phones. LE could still get the phone records from the issuing company, providing they're give the correct carrier info. But the texts MAY be embedded on the phone permanently and SOMEONE may not have known how to erase the phone memory, as they DID the computer files.

Just sayin'
fran

Ummm...some big leaps here!

When my husband changes his phone, we all get new phones too. SOP for some reason I cannot ever fathom, except they usually have a 2 for 1 deal, then throw in another for a discount and........abracadabra, new phones all around and 100's of badly spent (IMO and I'm in the minority!) dollars later we emerge from the verizon store suitably tech'd-up.

Matt needed a new phone (for any number of reasons) and wanted one for his daughter with GPS etc. (who either didn't have one, or else had an old one with no GPS) and there was no doubt a deal to update his son's (if he even did so). I'll back up Sleuthy1 here, in that there was no number change for Matt's son, and am not so sure about the phone change for him either....

There are so many mysteries about Gail's disappearance, but I'm not convinced this is one of them...!

That easy to answer. He didn't want Gail to be able to contact the kids. He probably had their phone numbers changed just to make sure of it, but I'm sure the kids knew their mother's phone number. But he made sure AD, and Gail's family didn't have their phone numbers.

pretty sure this is not the case

'K then. Just want to say for the record that I don't have a dang clue what you're talking about, but if a moderator tells me to remove that link I will. (And I sent a PM to a mod to ask.)

Oh no. Gather is an allowed link.

The pay for clicks blogs are just people just like us. They follow a case, they read news stories, they read forums, they read the comments on news articles, they read the FBs, they take bits and pieces from each and post a blog post, and then they get paid each time someone clicks the link. They tend to sensationalize, some more than others, because the more sensational, the more clicks, and ergo the more money they get. Some make more of an effort than others to at least get most of what they include right. Others couldn't care less if what they put is accurate - they just want clicks $$$. Hoffman is a prime example.

It's a money making operation.

I believe there is family within the Huntsville area.

As far as the vehicle being abandoned or towed, the owner would either try to get in touch with owners or notify LE. He wants to be paid. Remember the towing of CA's car?

True. Do we know if the car was in Gail's name or Matt's? Because Gail's mail was to be forwarded to PO Box, right? Has anyone been able to access that PO box?

Even if you have a PO Box, will the post officer still come to the home with a certified letter?

I know what a pay for click blog is, but "that Hoffman woman" stuff seemed like a personal thing that I don't really want to get in to.

If I'm allowed to say this, a mod told me the link was fine, so I'm leaving it so everyone can make their own decision. FWIW, I suspect the link is listing Gail erroneously; the three women the governor has set up a reward for do not currently include Gail, according to the other articles out there right now. But it's the weekend so maybe there's an update coming on Monday.

Good to hear....but.....

?????? So what is the reward amount for Gail? Is it the same as for Mrs. Mook? $10K?

Also, the article states Matt was the last to see Gail. :banghead:

Even if you have a PO Box, will the post officer still come to the home with a certified letter?

I'm not sure but it's been my experience in the past, when I had a PO Box, they left a notice of the certified letter and you needed to come during regular business hours and hand the notice to the clerk who pulls it and has you sign the form. I've seen some post offices, most likely the larger ones, refuse to accept certified letters addressed with a P.O. Box.

I know that doesn't help, :banghead:
FWIW
fran
:)

I know what a pay for click blog is, but "that Hoffman woman" stuff seemed like a personal thing that I don't really want to get in to.

I said that Hoffman woman because I couldn't remember her first name. There is absolutely nothing personal. I don't know her. Have never communicated with her. She's simply all over the place in these cases, and many of our members are familiar with her, and recognize her name.

I don't understand this.

ugh, I clicked even though I KNEW it was wrong, but actually said the same as other's and just misleading...and you're right, Hoffman! :loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0