Identified! TN - Greene Co., WhtFem 264UFTN, 14-20, recent loss of pregnancy, Apr'85 - Elizabeth Lamotte

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All four of them have DNA in CODIS. But I wouldn't stop looking for those who don't.

What are your thoughts on Peggy Lynn Alt? Age matches, it is only a 7 hour trip from her home location and since circumstances of her dissappearance is unknown she may have left with the father of her child only to be murdered by him or took a ride with the wrong person. Height and weight are slightly off but take a look at her hair... It looks just like the recons.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/alt_peggy.html

Exclusions:
Kimberly Britts 1963 Virginia
Diane Dye 1965 California
Billie-Jo Fisher 1970
Janice Fullam 1964 New York
Martha Green 1970 Tennessee
Joan Leigh Hall

Barbra J Hunt

Emma Lorene Vaughn 1967 Florida

So how close to death would she have lost her pregnancy for it to still be something they would know about? She was 6-8 weeks along, which is still in the first trimester and means that she had actually been pregnant for only 4-6 weeks and probably had only known about it for 2-4 weeks if at all.

Greene County Jane Doe has been unidentified for 33 years today.

Green County Jane Doe is featured in a new exhibition hosted by The University of South Florida’s Institute of Forensic Anthropology & Applied Science (IFAAS).

New USF Art Exhibit Aims to Help Solve Cold Case Homicides
Exhibition displays consist of clay busts and drawings, digital compositions, artifacts and information about the crime scenes. Kimmerle, USF graduate students and Sgt. Sergio Soto, a forensic artist with IFAAS, created the reconstructions and exhibit. Their work is part of the ongoing statewide cold case initiative by IFAAS, for which the team conducted a number of forensic methods - such as exhuming Jane and John Doe graves for skeletal analysis, facial and clothing reconstructions, chemical isotope testing of the bones, hair and teeth, as well as DNA testing.
Art of Forensics

Case 6: Fishermen’s Nightmare

usf16-030c-ff-with-logo.jpg

Facial Composite & Historic Photographs: Erin H. Kimmerle

Fishermen discovered the body of a teenage girl of European (White) ancestry, approximately 15 to 20-years-old, approximately 5’6” ft. tall, as they were walking to fish in a nearby creek. Her manner of death was ruled a homicide. The young woman was 6 weeks pregnant. Chemical isotope analysis suggests she may have been born and spent the first years of her life in the eastern portion of the USA, but moved to the Midwest or Southwest U.S. sometime prior to her death in Tennessee.

Date of discovery: April 14, 1985
Location: Jeraldstown exit to I-81 in Green County, Tennessee

USF16-030C UT: 85-8F
NamUs: UP 1576 NCMEC: 1106925

Any information that may assist with this case please contact:
Lee Meadows Jantz, Forensic Anthropology Center, Univ. of TN
(ph.) 865-974-4408 / ljantz@utk.edu

Authorities have identified this Jane Doe as Elizabeth Lamotte, a 17 year old who went missing from Manchester NH in November 1984.

NEW HAMPSHIRE MISSING PERSON IDENTIFIED AS GREENE COUNTY HOMICIDE VICTIM

TBI AGENTS ASKING FOR PUBLIC’S HELP TO LOCATE HER KILLER

JOHNSON CITY – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is asking for the public’s help in providing information about a homicide that took place more than 30 years ago.

On April 14, 1985, the body of a young female was found partially decomposed along Interstate 81 in Greene County near Exit 44. TBI Special Agents joined the Greene County Sheriff’s Office in investigating the case, which was ruled a homicide. Autopsy results revealed the victim died approximately three weeks before her body was discovered. Authorities were unable to determine the identity of the victim, and she was listed as a Jane Doe.

As a result of the ongoing investigation, a sample of the victim’s remains was submitted to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification (UNTCHI) in 2006. A DNA profile for the victim was developed and entered into the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) in hopes that she would eventually be identified. This week, investigators finally received the news they were waiting for when the UNTCHI confirmed there was a match to the DNA profile. The victim was identified as 17-year-old Elizabeth Lamotte, who was missing from New Hampshire. Lamotte was last seen in November of 1984, but it wasn’t until last year that detectives with the Manchester Police Department in New Hampshire located members of her family and obtained DNA samples from them. Those samples were submitted to CODIS, which ultimately resulted in Elizabeth Lamotte being identified.

At this time, the investigation remains active and ongoing. TBI Special Agents are asking for the public’s help to develop new leads in the case. Anyone with information regarding Elizabeth Lamotte’s murder, specifically knowledge about individuals she may have been with in the days before she died, is asked to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3463).

I never would have guessed Elizabeth based on the above rendering and this photo which I most often saw of her:
685aeec2-06f9-4a1a-b639-a038c43c8112-Elizabeth_Lamotte_002.jpg

Homicide victim in Greene County cold case identified after 33 years

However this one does have a slight resemblance to the above sketch:
Elizabeth%2BLamotte%2Bpic.png

Mystery in Allenstown, NH: Elizabeth Lamotte

Still, I never would have guessed Elizabeth because she had a tattoo. I guess that goes to show us that even if the MP has a small tattoo and the UID doesn't have one listed we should still consider it if other similarities are there. How surprising and how sad it took this long to ID her. But at least she has her name back now.

I never would have guessed Elizabeth based on the above rendering and this photo which I most often saw of her:
685aeec2-06f9-4a1a-b639-a038c43c8112-Elizabeth_Lamotte_002.jpg

Homicide victim in Greene County cold case identified after 33 years

However this one does have a slight resemblance to the above sketch:
Elizabeth%2BLamotte%2Bpic.png

Mystery in Allenstown, NH: Elizabeth Lamotte

Still, I never would have guessed Elizabeth because she had a tattoo. I guess that goes to show us that even if the MP has a small tattoo and the UID doesn't have one listed we should still consider it if other similarities are there. How surprising and how sad it took this long to ID her. But at least she has her name back now.
Ugh, makes you wonder how many potential matches of the MPs/UIDs in here we're missing :(

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire
Back