TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
families in cases I have followed often get a spokesperson...

he did speak on how the family was doing... I am sure he hasn't studied up on how to be the spokesperson for a missing person case and is doing what has been asked of him.

moo

I know they usually get a spokesperson, and i also know all the media want to know is whats happening in the case...We know the family is having a difficult time and are upset we dont need this man to tell us that .

JMO

If you look at the page before this post, I posted examples of actual AA fliers. They do not just say Amber Alert at the top. So anyone with a printer can make fliers that say Amber Alert (they do it all the time for Facebook scams), but the real jargon for an AA poster is different.

Why do we care about the Amber Alert? What I mean is, despite wanting to know the rules for an AA (so we don't go off like CA), isn't everyone glad it was issued? Sorry to say, it hasn't done any good thus far.

If you look at the page before this post, I posted examples of actual AA fliers. They do not just say Amber Alert at the top. So anyone with a printer can make fliers that say Amber Alert (they do it all the time for Facebook scams), but the real jargon for an AA poster is different.

OHHHHH ok thanks for the Info i appreciate it. Now i know!

Interesting article by James Cavanaugh an ATF agent. He thinks LE should piece together a comprehensive time line chronicling the last 60 days of Holly’s life before she vanished. Since much planning went into the abduction, he may he been seen stalking her. Same with HS in January, the timelines of both may intersect into a place the kidnapper saw them both.

http://www.ticklethewire.com/2011/0...ights-and-advice-on-hunt-for-nursing-student/

The only thing I took away from the spokesperson is that he was determined not to talk about the abduction or the crime, and was only available to talk about Holly as a person. But unfortunately, that is not what is wanted just at the moment.

I agree, it's a risk, but not as easy as it sounds. I've taken multiple blows to the face myself and only been knocked out once, and that was an uppercut to the bottom of my chin that took me down. So I agree with you there. A straight on punch to the nose will sometimes case a lot of blood, but it's not necessarily enough to knock the person out. If he had something in his hand and hit her in the head, head wounds love to bleed, but I think there's the risk of knocking her out there too. If he hit her in the mouth, however, he could have cut his knuckles and it could be his blood. If she had her car keys out, it could be from anywhere, her face, her hand, or she could have gouged the perp anywhere.

I do still wonder if she didn't cut herself to intentionally leave a trail.

Well if he did hit her or cut her in a manner that is described, I have to wonder why she held onto her purse and lunchbox? I am just trying to put myself into the victim and see how would I react or the perp and how does this go down in this manner?

Has it been mentioned that maybe LE called off the search yesterday to see if there was any chance the perp would return to the area. They say they like to return to the scene of their crime in order to check things out. Maybe LE has a way to observe if that could be happening. :waitasec:

Has it been mentioned that maybe LE called off the search yesterday to see if there was any chance the perp would return to the area. They say they like to return to the scene of their crime in order to check things out. Maybe LE has a way to observe if that could be happening. :waitasec:

My understanding is that LE wanted to reevaluate the areas that had been searched. To me it was a way to step back a little and ask "is there any area we have overlooked?".

I think the "public" searches will be winding down very soon.

Why do we care about the Amber Alert? What I mean is, despite wanting to know the rules for an AA (so we don't go off like CA), isn't everyone glad it was issued? Sorry to say, it hasn't done any good thus far.

Because if there is something going on behind the scenes that would lead to it being issued in a case where it was inappropriate, then that could tell us something about what LE knows or why the family is so silent. But it wasn't, seems it was likely a Sheriff that didn't have all the details, was looking at the poster that someone made up that said Amber Alert and went from there, even though it was never issued. Which it wasn't. I'm glad it wasn't, as it would be even more unfair to the others missing out there that weren't recovered, (might have been with the AA) but they just barely missed one portion of the criteria.

Well if he did hit her or cut her in a manner that is described, I have to wonder why she held onto her purse and lunchbox? I am just trying to put myself into the victim and see how would I react or the perp and how does this go down in this manner?

I wish they would let us see the lunchbox, at least a photo. I think that there is a good chance that it had a strap or wrist loop and she didn't actually have to be holding onto it. The same with a purse or backpack.

But without getting a look at the lunchbox, it's really hard to know that.

Why would the Governor up the anti on her reward by $50,000... within a few days of her missing..
MY OWN THOUGHT HERE>> I'm suprised that other families that are missing a loved one in the area are not outraged at this Governor for giving an additional $50,000 to find Holly, not to mention the FBI, US Marshalls and an amber alert that is meant for children 17 and under... Don't get me wrong... but EVERY missing person should deserve at least half of the reward and media attention that this is getting...!!!

sbm

This is why I keep saying something is different about this case.

In this case it isn't just the usual white, blonde girl getting the attention... because there IS another white, blonde girl missing in Tennessee who is NOT. Her family has expressed a bit of frustration...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83831830.42651.195150477172504&type=1&theater

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130022&highlight=mook

So WHAT is different about Holly's case that is causing it to get the attention?

Is it simply because of the shocking nature
of her being abducted from her home? While the other is likely a domestic situation?

Is it because they believe there is something more to Holly's situation?
(Serial offender, someone already wanted by the FBI, offender being investigated for something else, etc.)

Is it simply because it's a small community and the family is well thought of?
I don't think so... Elizabeth Smart's family was well though of, plus had the advantage of volunteers from the church and this is even exceeding what we saw with her case.

I don't think we have ever seen the Governor put up a reward in a case like this either. If we did, it wasn't that large of a reward. Not even when it was an officer's family member.

This case could be a total anomaly...

They could just be trying to save her life and prevent him from taking anyone else.
Totally freaked out because she was abducted from her home, could be alive and he might strike again...

Or there could be something big that we are unaware of that would explain this huge response.

No matter what... this is definitely different than other cases.

If it was someone she didnt know i think she would have tossed her books at him (if she had any) threw her lunch and ran.... screaminggggggg.... back to the door or her car... I know i was alsways told to use your car keys to jab at someone and inflict as much damage as ya can. Maybe thats what she did if there is blood

other wise its someone she knows!

in one of the articles i read it stated that the mother was at the home when le responded to the home -- has it been reported what time that was? i dont have a link :( ive read so many different stories!!!

Comments have said that the mother got the phone call at school... so I am guessing that she immediately left.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/comments?type=user&loginCode={427D25C6-9A69-4159-BE92-9B7C52EE1012}

If the brother called the Mom and she told him to call 911... she may have been on her way before LE was. We have heard pretty consistently the 911 call was right around 8am. If school started at 7:30am, that is consistent with kids being present when she got the phone call.

Do we know how far the school is from the house?

I wish they would let us see the lunchbox, at least a photo. I think that there is a good chance that it had a strap or wrist loop and she didn't actually have to be holding onto it. The same with a purse or backpack.

But without getting a look at the lunchbox, it's really hard to know that.

yes like one of thos canvas ones! or she could have been usung a purse as a lunch box lol thus the lunch purse description. JMO

Comments have said that the mother got the phone call at school... so I am guessing that she immediately left.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/comments?type=user&loginCode={427D25C6-9A69-4159-BE92-9B7C52EE1012}

If the brother called the Mom and she told him to call 911... she may have been on her way before LE was. We have heard pretty consistently the 911 call was right around 8am. If school started at 7:30am, that is consistent with kids being present when she got the phone call.

Do we know how far the school is from the house?

I thought LE arrived at the home at 7:57
Ill have to go look it up.

sbm

This is why I keep saying something is different about this case.

In this case it isn't just the usual white, blonde girl getting the attention... because there IS another white, blonde girl missing in Tennessee who is NOT. Her family has expressed a bit of frustration...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83831830.42651.195150477172504&type=1&theater

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130022&highlight=mook

So WHAT is different about Holly's case that is causing it to get the attention?

Is it simply because of the shocking nature
of her being abducted from her home? While the other is likely a domestic situation?

Is it because they believe there is something more to Holly's situation?
(Serial offender, someone already wanted by the FBI, offender being investigated for something else, etc.)

Is it simply because it's a small community and the family is well thought of?
I don't think so... Elizabeth Smart's family was well though of, plus had the advantage of volunteers from the church and this is even exceeding what we saw with her case.

I don't think we have ever seen the Governor put up a reward in a case like this either. If we did, it wasn't that large of a reward. Not even when it was an officer's family member.

This case could be a total anomaly...

They could just be trying to save her life and prevent him from taking anyone else.
Totally freaked out because she was abducted from her home, could be alive and he might strike again...

Or there could be something big that we are unaware of that would explain this huge response.

No matter what... this is definitely different than other cases.

Shelley Mook's case doesn't have 'cousin of rising country music star' attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine