TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall where the car was supposebly found that was never verified.
Wasnt it close to there?

According to HollyE's map, it was located along Conrad Ridge Rd. The first three screen captures I did (starting back on page 3) all are of some aspect of Conrad Ridge.

It is miles away from Smith Gravel Pit's official location. There are some pits or quarries just South of there that are perhaps OWNED by Smith and that may be what they are referencing (MOO).

Looking East down Gooch Road from Cub Creek Hall Rd. Holly's lunch box/purse was found about 2 miles down this road.

(hope they checked out that abandoned building right there...)

Wow, thanks for the photo. You really get an idea of how rural this area is from the photo. I used to live in the country and forgot about these long roads where there aren't any houses for miles. That is alot of area to cover. Praise to the countless searchers scouring this large area.

:seeya: Glad you found this forum and jumped in so to speak. You have every reason to be proud of your DIL and the rest of the TBI team working this case. It's obvious they (and other LE jurisdictions) are busting their behinds to resolve this sad crime as quickly as they can. They're working up against some tough odds and what looks to be some equally tough terrain and vast isolated areas.

I was wondering if you've formed any theories/opinions as to whether the abductor is a local she may have known or if it's a stranger not known to Holly or her family that may have been stalking her? I'm kinda of leaning toward the stranger theory myself and the abduction attempt in nearby Centerville certainly kind of bolstered my theory after I learned of it. Of course it may have nothing to do with Holly's case and was just a coincidence. Anyway.....welcome again to WS.

Thank you for the welcome. Yes I have formed an opinion, but because of some knowledge I've gleaned, I won't share my opinion and compromise the
investigation. I do enjoy reading all the web sleuthing opinions, very smart people that seem to be exploring many different opinions of this crime!

According to HollyE's map, it was located along Conrad Ridge Rd. The first three screen captures I did (starting back on page 3) all are of some aspect of Conrad Ridge.

It is miles away from Smith Gravel Pit's official location. There are some pits or quarries just South of there that are perhaps OWNED by Smith and that may be what they are referencing (MOO).

Ty vic i I was looking back on your posts to find it!

Was their any connection with the vehicle found on Conrad Ridge Rd? Or has this info not been released to the public?

Was their any connection with the vehicle found on Conrad Ridge Rd? Or has this info not been released to the public?

I call it the 'alleged vehicle' because there were many reports that it had HB's cell phone and some camo clothing in the back seat and the engine was still warm.

I believe this was denied in one LE statement. <Modsnip>

MOO is I'm not sure what to think yet. There has been so much information and mis-information in this case, it is bewildering. Hence, in my mind it stays as 'alleged' until I hear a definitive answer one way or another.

I call it the 'alleged vehicle' because there were many reports that it had HB's cell phone and some camo clothing in the back seat and the engine was still warm.

I believe this was denied in one LE statement. <Modsnip>

MOO is I'm not sure what to think yet. There has been so much information and mis-information in this case, it is bewildering. Hence, in my mind it stays as 'alleged' until I hear a definitive answer one way or another.

Thanks for the info. I too have read so many different versions of this in the news that I don't know what to believe is fact at this point. I was trying to find in the news if they have been using search dogs. Supposedly Holly went into the woods and traveled for sometime before she was forced into a vehicle possibly. Wouldn't dogs let them know which direction she went and how far before she entered a vehicle. Just wondering. Anybody know if dogs can follow a scent of a person in a vehicle?

When I was a teenager, I had a horse and went riding frequently. I remember several times when I was intercepted by a stranger who was out riding himself and suggested I visit his home. He had two large dogs.

I remember feeling ill at ease and exiting the area.

Yesterday I called my oldest daughter, who I'd not heard from since she'd gone to Las Vegas with her friends. She was home and was crying soon after she answered the phone. The apartment she'd leased was a total dump when she saw it empty. She had decided to not move into it as the place made her feel so creepy.

In my heart I rejoiced at hearing this, as I'd imagined her being murdered in it. I couldn't tell her directly about it, as she wouldn't have accepted it. I'm totally relieved she's not taking that apartment even though it leaves her in a lurch for a place to live.

I just went thru his whole FB page again & all of those many "in a relationship with Holly Bobo" with a heart symbol I saw last week are GONE! :waitasec:

That is very strange!? What to make of that? Any idea of when they were removed? Could LE have told him to do that? But don't know why...

The info I have says it was a hunter's car and was cleared. fwiw
Thanks sarx! At least that's one thing out of the "speculation arena".
Gonna go BBQ with the family for a while. As always.....hoping for some
good news when I log back in later. Everyone have a great afternoon!

Many of you have been around these cases a lot longer.

Have you ever seen one so tight to the vest? I just have to think there's a reason. They seem to be saying so little about it, just very strange.

I don't believe dogs can follow a scent after it rains and I believe they lose the scent if people are moving through water.

I really don't know what to think right now. I wonder if his facts are right.

I've been willing to let the brother off the hook and feel great compassion for him. He implies he hasn't taken a lie detector test.

I noticed that the news anchor used the word 'dragged' when it no longer appears to have been the case and John Walsh didn't correct him. Maybe Walsh doesn't know any more than we do.

He doesn't seem to have much hope left and I find that disheartening. Maybe loss of hope is why the number of searchers is way down. They just can't give up.

I know that during the hot times of the JB Ramsey case, John Walsh said that "John Ramsey cut her down", implying that she was hanged. This was no where to be found in the media or LE interviews, so I always thought he either misspoke by saying the wrong thing, or misspoke by giving info that was to be kept private. Makes me wonder here, as well.

I have a hard time buying the whole premise of the story - her being led to the woods. I'd put my money on friend/acquaintance and/or family member being involved in this mess.

Many of you have been around these cases a lot longer.

Have you ever seen one so tight to the vest? I just have to think there's a reason. They seem to be saying so little about it, just very strange.

It seems to be getting more common....unless the family speaks there is very little from LE. So with this case, with the family not making statements we have nothing.

OK the car and the phone. SARX thank you for saying your information is that it was a hunter's and cleared. I'm going to leave the last few posts but this is the end of this rumor please. And carrying scanner talk up into this thread is strictly forbidden.

Car and phone have been denied by LE. We have asked that this discussion stop since LE is saying there is no car or phone found.

FB Is Holly's FB private? Because I can't get on her wall. So now that means it has gone private. Even if you happened to like her and were added to the list before, if he FB is now not public to all, we cannot continue to discuss her FB.

FB of all others? I posted this last night. I'm going to post it one more time. If the parties you are sleuthing are not covered in this policy don't bring it here. Because it is against our TOS.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect[/B]. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member