TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to! I know everyone is frustrated with lack of info but that is what they are trained to do, so I trust there is good reason for their tactics.

Yes and I have been thinking that right along. There is a reason and of course we all wish we knew what it is.
I am not a trained professional in LE and I am sure whatever their reason may be that it is a viable one.

I guess I didn't make my point clearly enough...

my point being that these are statements from LE. They have not said these things before..

As for the investigation staying within Darden.. if this were to be... oh.. say related to the heather sullivan case... that is not considered the darden area.

as for bigfoot.... well... geez I don't know...

jmhoo but the tbi is damned if they say something and damned if they don't.. people want specifics but they are not going to give them.

moo quack bah etc

But the TBI can give a pc and give some info without giving away pertinent info
its being done on another missing womans case...

Volunteers are being asked to return to the search effort on Thursday if Holly Bobo is still missing.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/search-for-holly-bobo-focuses-on-suspect.html

Finally! This is how it should be worded. This annoys me every.single.time. :banghead:

I am glad they changed the wording, whether it means they know anything else or not. I think it's possible the "if" came from the media since it's not a direct quote... and so wouldn't signify any knowledge. Either way, I'm glad they did it.

When it is a family saying "We have a vigil scheduled for next week..." they get jumped on "oh, so they know she will still be missing next week?"

Yet, when the people in charge of finding the missing person are planning searches days in advance... saying "there is a search scheduled for next week" that's totally cool. :waitasec:

I am the single most prepared person on the planet. I have Christmas done by Halloween.

However, even I do not leave for an appointment planning on my child spending a week in the hospital.

I leave for an appointment prepared for my child to spend a week in the hospital.

They should absolutely be mapping out the search a week in advance, that's wonderful. They need that back up plan, they need to be prepared. So they aren't blindsided. They also need to make it clear they do have some hope she can be found, not that they will just be searching forever.

"If Holly is still missing we will be asking for more volunteers on Thursday."

Is it really that difficult to display a little bit of hope? A little bit of optimism that this will end?

But maybe for some strange reason in this case they just can't.

Weather hasn't been that bad here in the south the past few days.

o/t ~ Speaking of weather, it sounded like an atomic bomb just went off outside my window. I have to check if lightening hit the house but not now. Holy cow, I almost had a heart attack.

Just checking in and wondering what else has been found, if there are any new developments, etc. I've been at the dermatologist - again - most of the day to check on my skin cancer and have more biopsies, and I don't have time to read through the thread right now. Can someone fill me in? Thank you so much. :)

All quiet as far as I know, Belimom...hope the reports come back favorable from the Dermatologist.....cancer of any kind can be deeply concerning. How are you doing with it??

I also believe there is good reason details are not being released......it's important that this crime is solved and LE is not going to release anything that could compromise the investigation.

I think their priority is finding Holly alive, and they are not going to release any information that might put her life in jeopardy.

:cow:

my thoughts on why take media calls and make a statement vs call a presser:
1)they are very busy/hot on finding out what happened
2)the weather... the media does not seem to be camped out at the fairgrounds during all this harsh weather
3)this is the way they roll (no daily press briefings streamed live to every news source)

moo

did we know these things before the statements made to the media today:

1)many possibilities have been ruled out
2)the focus remains on darden and surrounding area
3)they are narrowing the focus
4)they are developing persons of interest

moo but I thought it was quite a bit of info...

Nursebeeme,

Thank you so much for pointing out the recap from the TBI interview/statement. Even though it may not be everything we want to hear from LE; it gives us information as to what they have been and are continuing to do...work the case...

Yesterday, we had no news of possible POIs, no specific areas of interest or focus.....today we have hope that LE will soon name or arrests those involved and the best news ever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bring Holly home....

Thanks for your recap!!

score

Just checking in and wondering what else has been found, if there are any new developments, etc. I've been at the dermatologist - again - most of the day to check on my skin cancer and have more biopsies, and I don't have time to read through the thread right now. Can someone fill me in? Thank you so much. :)

What kind of skin cancer? I had Mohs surgery a few months ago for basal cell carcinoma on my nose and I know it can be awfully scary...and painful!

Some thoughts:

1. This case has gotten a lot of attention in 2 weeks. It has involved multiple LE agencies. But I get the sense that they haven't made much progress. I get the sense that the perpetrator did not leave behind any obvious clues.

2. The perpetrator could have fixated on HB. If so, had he not tried to contact her before? I would think so. It is not obvious that he did, though. No mention of a strange person on campus. No mention of an inappropriate FB overture.

3. The perpetrator could have targeted HB at random. She might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time . . . and just happened to catch his attention. It certainly has happened before.

4. This crime took a litle bit of planning -- but perhaps not all that much. He could have followed HB home at some point. He then finds a vantage point from which to watch her. (He could have pretended to be just a "hunter" in the woods.) When he thinks she is alone, he strikes. He forces her, perhaps at knife-point, to hike to his nearby car. He puts her in the trunk, gags her, and ties her hands and feet. He slips out of the area quietly. He could be on the road in 10 minutes. By the time LE begins to search, the perp is nowhere to be seen.

5. HB's personal items. I imagine he didn't want to be caught with them. So, he got rid of them quickly. Cell phone? Toss it in the ditch! Purse? Toss it in the weeds! He might have thought that nobody would notice the items, as long he didn't leave them in a pile in one place.

6. Finally, he could have taken HB to a remote location, assaulted her, killed and buried her. Out in the deep woods somewhere, maybe. If the perpetrator is not local -- though, I suppose, he could've lived in the area at one time -- it'll be hard to identify and apprehend him. He might be 20, 40, 100 miles away, never to return.

Grim, I know. :(

did anyone find out why Louisianna was that map Hollye gave us?

I just looked at it and there is an airport on that street.

it has the blue drop that she has listing evidence

Maybe its a mistake?

Some thoughts:

1. This case has gotten a lot of attention in 2 weeks. It has involved multiple LE agencies. But I get the sense that they haven't made much progress. I get the sense that the perpetrator did not leave behind any obvious clues.

2. The perpetrator could have fixated on HB. If so, had he not tried to contact her before? I would think so. It is not obvious that he did, though. No mention of a strange person on campus. No mention of an inappropriate FB overture.

3. The perpetrator could have targeted HB at random. She might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time . . . and just happened to catch his attention. It certainly has happened before.

4. This crime took a litle bit of planning -- but perhaps not all that much. He could have followed HB home at some point. He then finds a vantage point from which to watch her. (He could have pretended to be just a "hunter" in the woods.) When he thinks she is alone, he strikes. He forces her, perhaps at knife-point, to hike to his nearby car. He puts her in the trunk, gags her, and ties her hands and feet. He slips out of the area quietly. He could be on the road in 10 minutes. By the time LE begins to search, the perp is nowhere to be seen.

5. HB's personal items. I imagine he didn't want to be caught with them. So, he got rid of them quickly. Cell phone? Toss it in the ditch! Purse? Toss it in the weeds! He might have thought that nobody would notice the items, as long he didn't leave them in a pile in one place. 6. Finally, he could have taken HB to a remote location, assaulted her, killed and buried her. Out in the deep woods somewhere, maybe. If the perpetrator is not local -- though, I suppose, he could've lived in the area at one time -- it'll be hard to identify and apprehend him. He might be 20, 40, 100 miles away, never to return.

Grim, I know. :(

Some good points I didn't think of. At first I thought it strange to scatter things, but you may be right. He may have figured they wouldn't search like this for small items along the highway. People throw things out their vehicle windows all the time even though they shouldn't. I agree if he isn't a local anymore or never was, it may be near impossible to track him down. Nobody wants to think this way, but it's just a possiblity in every case like this. It just seems like it's going to be tough to figure out where this guy went once he took her. Even if they found her cell phone, purse, etc, if the guy made sure to wipe them clean of his prints, there isn't going be much to go on. My main concern is how are they going to pick up the trail on this guy if nobody close to him spills anything like his odd behavior?

I also believe there is good reason details are not being released......it's important that this crime is solved and LE is not going to release anything that could compromise the investigation.

Good point! Normally, LE goes public to generate interest in a case - but no need to do that since they've got plenty of public interest and lots of volunteers, and most likely lots of tips pouring in to work on.
So, it's okay, I really don't have a need to know. Keep the perp(s) guessing and worrying when a swat team is coming to pay a visit!

Is it?

"locating a potential suspect" would mean more to me than "finding a potential suspect" or "identifying a potential suspect"

As is usual in this case the TBI does a terrible job of using clear words.

And I couldn't help but to think, you mean (not you, you) to tell me they haven't already been doing this (looking for suspect/s). Geesh! :crazy: :twocents:

did anyone find out why Louisianna was that map Hollye gave us?

I just looked at it and there is an airport on that street.

it has the blue drop that she has listing evidence

Maybe its a mistake?

I'm pretty sure it's for two brother in New Orleans who are missing

Sometimes when we think LE is on top if things and ready to pounce, they are, and other times, the case drags on and on, with seemingly no resolution in sight. So it is really hard to tell. I can't judge anything by the little they say. It could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy