TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question... Why is everybody inclined to believe that we are looking for a male suspect? Because the majority of cases solved have been male or is there something else? Who is to say that we aren't dealing with some jealous angry girls?

I think Holly is a little too old to have the 'Mean Girls' take out after her.

Quick question... Why is everybody inclined to believe that we are looking for a male suspect? Because the majority of cases solved have been male or is there something else? Who is to say that we aren't dealing with some jealous angry girls?

The brother described the suspect as a white male.

It's hard to say MSSB, we know almost nothing about her, don't even know if she had a pt job, so I wouldn't even try to speculate on that. Anything is possible, well maybe not bigfoot, but then again....

The brother described the suspect as a white male.

Maybe I should go read again, because I just recall.. he thought it was her boyfriend the person was 5'10"ish and had camo clothing. I was just thinking outloud... I have a niece that is this age and I have heard some outlandish stories of things these college girls do to each other.

For the mods this is not a discussion of FB but a general observation.

In reading a lot today about the various schools, colleges etc...and poking around social sites and other avenues...it really shocks me how "kids" talk. I'm young by almost any standard but when did everything become so "gangsta" in the 18-25 crowd?

I think the one thing TBI got right was "persons"...JMHO.

MSSB I completely know what you're saying and IMO, esp.in this day&age it certainly is not out of the question for their to be a female involved. I am having to post via mobile due to storms here in TN so I can't easily search&link to some of the cases where we've definitely not only seen a female involved but that it was the female at the helm of the ship(I.e. The female having had great issue with the victim for some reason either valid or possibly only in their head)..but nonetheless it was the female whose hatred/jealousy for another girl is what has led to more than a few female's demise/death.
I know of one I could name that most would remember..the cadets(a girlfriend/boyfriend)in the military academy that the gf's total hatred/jealousy for Adrian(female victim who was Holly's age)that led this gf to plot for her and her BF to abduct and kill Adrian. All because this young girl had "slept" with her BF(while they were broken up) and this led the gf to be consumed with jealousy and hatred for the other female whom she eventually helped to abduct and kill.

So, MSSB Especially at this point(when we have nothing solid pointing in any direction)I believe that the theory of there being another female involved could not only be possible, but I'd go as far as to say that it is even more likely than some other theories that have thus far been floated. Jmo, tho!!

Random Thoughts:

There are other articles out about the gov's award (just google for the gov's name and holly's name the reward) that say it's for the rescue and return of Holly Bobo - not just an award for the arrest of the kidnapper. I don't think we can really know reward terms until we read them...so IMO, I wouldn't read too much into articles regarding the reward.

The fact that the Gov's office was easily persuaded that a BIG reward in this case would be extremely helpful did say something to me. IMO, they had a feeling that compatriates of the abductor would have knowledge and would help the investigation so long as they knew there was some big money out there to do it for. It's as if the Gov's office is willing to pay an information ransom to specific members of tight community.

...snipped and bolded by me...

I think the TBI Media Release is very clear about the terms of the reward:

"Late last night, District Attorney General Hansel McAdams of the 24th Judicial District requested the Governor offer the reward for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the kidnapping of Holly."

This is the official release from Monday, April 18th:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/documents/TennesseeGovernorOffersReward.pdf

I can ask her.....but if her team didn't do the search she would have to ask an investigator so we wouldn't have an answer til tomorrow.

I was thinking, 'just so they're thinking about that too, and would know, or could know. Don't absolutely matter if we find out, just as long as they know and have searched it. Though it's always interesting to get feed back from the professionals on our questions. When they can.

If I look at Decatur County Assessor page, there are a number of Properties listed as residential on that street. Not all of them have homes on them, but it appears more the 4!

well thats very interesting are any closer too the bobo's do u know?

I thought Tbi said person... so now its persons?

I think it was potential suspect from the first article nursebeme posted. However not sure anything has been a direct quote from TBI spokesperson. Just paraphrasing from the writers of each new article.

The search for Holly Bobo may focus more intently on finding a suspect related to the young woman's disappearance, according to TBI spokesperson Kristen Helms.

When asked if she [Helms] believed that investigators were closer to finding Bobo this week than in the previous week, Helms stated that the investigation has "become more narrowed" and that officials are intently focusing more on finding a potential suspect in the 20 year old's disappearance.

I think it was potential suspect from the first article nursebeme posted. However not sure anything has been a direct quote from TBI spokesperson. Just paraphrasing from the writers of each new article.

LOL i think what was said they are eliminating persons of interest to focus on finding a potential suspect LOL

Lordy we get confused in here lol

I'm perplexed as to why so many here seem to believe that Holly is dead. There is no body, no physical evidence to show that something horrific happened to her, nothing that I can see that would immediately make me jump to the worst possible case scenario. I don't think LE in this case is thinking she's dead either, fwiw. You don't need to put out a call for every able body in the county to search for a body, or catch a murderer. In my opinion, you'd only do that if time is of the essence and you need alot of people to help you cover ground more quickly. I also seriously doubt that Holly's family would be "hopeful" about anything if they had any reason what so ever to believe she were already dead.

I know many of us become cynical when time after time in these cases, the worst turns out to be true. But I really believe this might be one of the rare case where we get a happy ending.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member