TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they all have heard rumors. I'm not under the impression LE really knows who did this, though.

That kind of surprises me. From other sites, I've gotten that locals & LE know, they're just building a case at this point, and of course trying to locate Holly. That's kind of what fit in to me too, when the detective today said, finding the "significant" item, was one more piece to the puzzle. It was hopeful <IMHO, in terms of prosecuting this guy, not so much in bringing Holly back alive....but who knows

Sarx- if you're still on here....question about the dogs brought in at the beginning of the case. What happened there? Seems like they would be one of the best resources, and so early. Any thoughts?

Question - suppose a person wanted to go help with the search. Where is the needed information published, as in the time and location to show up for the search? I'm just curious. I've looked on the TBI website and local news sources, but I can't find anything. I'm not in TN, and I imagine locals are getting their information in a number of ways, but it has to be published somewhere. Do people need to sign up or do they just show up? I'm in TX, so I'm not necessarily asking for myself, but I know a few people who may be in the area and would like to know. Thank you!

ETA: I guess I'm just not very resourceful, because we had someone go missing in my area recently, and for the life of me I could not find out how to help with that search either.

That kind of surprises me. From other sites, I've gotten that locals & LE know, they're just building a case at this point, and of course trying to locate Holly. That's kind of what fit in to me too, when the detective today said, finding the "significant" item, was one more piece to the puzzle. It was hopeful <IMHO, in terms of prosecuting this guy, not so much in bringing Holly back alive....but who knows

Capri, I really don't go to many other sites about this case, and don't go FB at all to read about it. I didn't know locals were commenting about the LE knowing who did it and are building their case. I truly hope so. I'm cautious because locals sometimes get caught up in the rumor mill and one thing snowballs into something completely different the more it gets told.
I don't think we've heard about any search warrants filed, or cars impounded by LE, so I'm not sure who they're building a case against, and without a body it makes it very hard.

Sarx- if you're still on here....question about the dogs brought in at the beginning of the case. What happened there? Seems like they would be one of the best resources, and so early. Any thoughts?

My understanding is that they were LE K9's and I'm afraid they just aren't generally the best for a SAR job like this. A couple of things are going on here. First, they were working an area (around her house) that is highly contaminated by her own scent. It's where she lives, there are cross trails of hers all over the place from days-weeks earlier. This requires training for that scenario, which LE doesn't always do because they're looking for the suspect that just robbed a bank or broke into a house (not likely his own). Second, it seems very likely that she got in a car and once again this requires training. Most LE train for foot searches, they just don't have the time to add these things into there trainings. Add to that, not all dogs are good at getting out of that contamination zone, it's tough, and not all dogs can car trail (scent does weird things and is greatly reduced). Put all those factors together and there you go. Are there dogs that could do it? Absolutely. Does everyone train for these things? Nope....

And sadly, even if the rumors are true and they think they know who did it, it doesn't mean they're any closer to finding her. We've heard these things with cases like Kyron and Hailey, and still no Kyron or Hailey. This is why all the talk of this stuff (rumors) means so little so often.

goldiegirl, it really depends on the place and the case. This one, they've been using the media and twitter to get the word out about where to meet, what time, etc. Not all searches accept volunteers. If you ever want to know in your area when someone goes missing just call your sheriff's office. Even if they are not taking searchers there are always things you can be doing to help though.

And sadly, even if the rumors are true and they think they know who did it, it doesn't mean they're any closer to finding her. We've heard these things with cases like Kyron and Hailey, and still no Kyron or Hailey. This is why all the talk of this stuff (rumors) means so little so often.

ITA, and even in those two cases we clearly saw LE making moves against someone or people they think were involved. Making arrests to add pressure, convening a grand jury, impounding vehicles. So far we haven't see anything like that in this case. My cynical side comes out this time of night.

goldiegirl, it really depends on the place and the case. This one, they've been using the media and twitter to get the word out about where to meet, what time, etc. Not all searches accept volunteers. If you ever want to know in your area when someone goes missing just call your sheriff's office. Even if they are not taking searchers there are always things you can be doing to help though.

Thank you very much, SARX! Oh how I wish I could do something to help out remotely in this case.

Btw, I really admire what you do with the SAR dogs.

Good Morning!

What is going on for today,,,,my boss is off today so I will be able to participate if I do not get slammed here!

Good Morning!

What is going on for today,,,,my boss is off today so I will be able to participate if I do not get slammed here!

Morning! so far its very very quiet!

No searches scheduled! Maybe we will learn something this day!

Good Morning All,

I was hoping there would be some news about her being found this morning, so sad another day passes and nothing....

I was looking at the map and wondered if they considered looking SE of where the vigil was at the church? If the items found are to throw them off into the wrong direction, maybe it would be worth a try to search down there, not far from the roads off 412.

I really can not keep up with what has been found, what is factual etc. By the time I log on after long stretches there is just to many post to read and I can't keep up. So much is also repeated and repeated,,,,,I still am not even sure if in fact the "significant item" found was a cell phone. I consider myself lost here unless I can keep up with everything on a minute by minute basis!

I really can not keep up with what has been found, what is factual etc. By the time I log on after long stretches there is just to many post to read and I can't keep up. So much is also repeated and repeated,,,,,I still am not even sure if in fact the "significant item" found was a cell phone. I consider myself lost here unless I can keep up with everything on a minute by minute basis!

I read through most of this thread and the last one, and as far as I can see, LE has not revealed what the item was, only that it revived the search efforts. There are people talking about stuff found, but we don't know what all is true.

Law enforcement officials are asking volunteers to hold off in their search for Holly Bobo until a severe weather system leaves the area this week.

Volunteers are being asked to return to Decatur County Thursday if the 20-year-old missing nursing student is not found by then. Severe storms expected to be in the area today and tomorrow will keep volunteers from looking for Bobo.

"We don't want to put (the volunteers) at risk," said Tennessee Highway Patrol Lt. Brad Wilbanks, "Law enforcement will still be around to respond to anything we find as it comes up."
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110426/NEWS25/104260311

I much prefer to hear this, as opposed to hearing that they are just discontinuing volunteer searches altogether. Sadly, I feel that as people go back to their lives over this next week, very few of them will return to look for Holly.

When is this going to turn into a recovery mission?

I think they are beginning to look for a body. I don't think Holly is leaving clues.

I think she is most likely no longer alive.

It has NOT been confirmed that it is a cell phone by LE, however an article was cited last night between 10pm and 11pm, (I couldn't find where on this thread the article was posted, hope that's okay) in which a volunteer "leaked" to a local reporter that it was the cell. We should take this with a grain of salt. The long list of recovered items that we posted was merely our attempt to isolate what kind of items LE might have found that would lead them to say they were "hopeful" (i.e., the significant find was probably not something like bloody clothing, because that would not be a sign for hope). It was all attempted sleuthing. Also, many people were discussing how LE could get information from her cell IF that was the item that was found. Hope this helps!

You haven't missed much. The story hasn't changed in a week...

The only item found that is confirmed is the lunch bag. Any other finds have not been officially confirmed. As for a phone... every time someone found anything it was rumored to be her phone, so IDK... this is like the 349th time her phone has been rumored to have been found.

Ok then,,,I am right where I thought I was.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member