TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, but as far as things like texts sent and received, there would be no way to access that information without the phone. And I lose my phone number if I'm even one day late with the refill card for the month, so in the course of three months, that could be three different phone numbers that they would have to trace, if I were the sort that couldn't remember to refill my phone (the one downside to my phone provider). ALso, my name is not in anyway connected with the phone, so that would make it harder. There are a lot of plans out there like this one, so there's a lot of info that could slip through the cracks without the phone itself.

if holly's phone is the prepaid service provider i use - knowing her phone number - one could get all transmissions from the phone records. This includes phone numbers the phone missed, dialed and received - addresses texts were sent to and received from as well as the amount of data used (which includes web use). it will also show and addresses pictures msg were sent to and received from.

They charge $5 for a printout of a 30 day record.

I recently had to go thru this process. For verification purpose, my service provider asked me for two phone numbers dialed using the phone.

I'm really struggling with it being her cell phone that was found. There have been many cell phones found on these searches. Most were ones that volunteer searchers had dropped.

maybe she tried to use her phone after he left her somewhere and she couldn't get a signal... so she typed up a text, saved it in hopes that she could send it once she could get a signal... but he found her phone and disposed of it...not realizing to check the "to be sent text".. I have a couple stored in my phone...
that would certainly give the mom hope...

I tried to think of what it could be other than her cell phone and thought maybe it was someone from that area/business that had checked their surveillance camera tapes on Saturday and called in the tip. That would be very promising. Maybe they could see something was thrown out or they wanted to have the searchers search for any little thing that could be Holly's or the perp's. Just a guess.

I haven't followed too many cases. I'm wondering if there has ever been a case where the victim was found and LE didn't notify the public immediately? Or is that totally unheard of?

if holly's phone is the prepaid service provider i use - knowing her phone number - one could get all transmissions from the phone records. This includes phone numbers the phone missed, dialed and received - addresses texts were sent to and received from as well as the amount of data used (which includes web use). it will also show and addresses pictures msg were sent to and received from.

They charge $5 for a printout of a 30 day record.

I recently had to go thru this process. For verification purpose, my service provider asked me for two phone numbers dialed using the phone.

I had a commoncents mobile phone (prepaid service) for awhile. You can go into the account, using a password, and obtain complete records of all inbound and outbound usage right online.

I haven't followed too many cases. I'm wondering if there has ever been a case where the victim was found and LE didn't notify the public immediately? Or is that totally unheard of?

Totally unheard of, at least by me.

Is there another mother/family in the community who is devastated and waiting to get word from their son?
They already know who the perp is? But just dont know where he is? Do they have property in the search areas? His last pings came from these area? He is known to hunt or camp in the search area. Is someone (family) doing all they can to help LE find/pinpoint him?
Has he called his mother/family and is that where the tip came from leading LE to the Eaton plant? Did the tipster hear it with her own ears from her son that Holly was alive?
JMO, lots of unanswered questions
Lets pray Holly comes home today!

Not that anyone cares, but since others have posted their opinions, I'll add mine. As for the item of "significance" - if it made the parents happy, as has been indicated numerous times, I would think it would be some method of communication which indicates Holly is still alive or was alive later than the initial date of the kidnapping. Such items include - a cell phone with usage records, photos, or memos dated after that date OR handwritten or other communication from Holly indicating she is still alive or her whereabouts. The only other thing I can think of that would make me happy as a parent would be an item that helped point to her location or helped ID the perp. In other words, something that confirmed LE or family suspicions of her whereabouts or her abductor. Not sure what that would include.

As a parent, another random item of personal property wouldn't mean much. The key is knowing she would still be alive, who took her, and where she was.

This is bothering me that no one is talking about Holly having a job. Is it a clue? Kids going to school generally have at least a part time job. So why does no one report about this?

Grandmaj, nursing school is pretty tough the first months. In Texas, they don't usually encourage the students to have even a part time job, because the last few months they are in clinicals, and those are done at odd shifts, sometimes at night. Plus, they have a lot of studying to do between classes and clinicals. It's pretty hard to work around a job and nursing school, so I'm told.

As for identifying her cell phone, this is simple as has been previously mentioned. BUT, simply knowing it is hers, doesn't accomplish anything other that identify a location that she and/or the perp were at. The time they were there is still not known, nor was the purpose of disposing of the item.

The only delay is usually if the person is deceased and they are waiting to notify next of kin. Otherwise they will always tell the public when someone is found, even if they don't release details right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw