TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths, notinmycommunity!

:seeya:

And thanks for posting. It does seem like a wonderful community pulling together. I hope you are right - that they are close to finding Holly and the perp(s)...

I am local and I would like to say that I am very proud of our community. The people have come together and gone on searches, brought food, given money for the searchers, given money for the family, it has been unbelievable. It is something you have to see to believe, television reporters can not do it justice. I have faith in our law enforcement, even though we all want to know more. I believe they have much more than they are telling us and I think they are close.

Not,

welcome to WS!!

:fireworks2::greetings::welcome:

Also, you may want to contact a mod and become a verified local...thanks for joining us!1

score

I am local and I would like to say that I am very proud of our community. The people have come together and gone on searches, brought food, given money for the searchers, given money for the family, it has been unbelievable. It is something you have to see to believe, television reporters can not do it justice. I have faith in our law enforcement, even though we all want to know more. I believe they have much more than they are telling us and I think they are close.

Welcome! I am overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support your whole community is giving. We need more communities like this. Praying Holly will be found. I like you believe that they are getting close.

Hi, I haven't read on Holly's case yet but know it is always good to read as many links as possible, even if they seem obscure.

I found this video while reading articles on healthy food and found it interesting. Sorry if it's already been posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/holly-bobo-search-brother-suspect-13407055

God Bless Holly wherever she is tonight and I hope above all she is found alive. xox

ETA: WHOOPS, grabbed the wrong link. Be right back

Ok, can someone clear this up? In this video they keep talking about Clint and showing pictures of Holly with a guy. I thought this was her boyfriend? Is this her brother?

I'm not so sure anyone is losing interest in finding Holly. If anything, maybe they just feel helpless, like there's not much else they can do at this point. I think even more than that, though, it's just a case of people needing to get back to their daily lives, but I don't think interest in Holly's case will dwindle for quite some time.

Having said that, I can understand how the same people going out day after day will get burned out, physically and emotionally. It's just natural, no matter how much they care. What's unfortunate is that there's really no way to rotate and bring in an entirely different community to take over, KWIM? What I'm saying is that I know there are many of us throughout the country who would love to do our share, but logistically and practically we can't, so the burden is all falling on the same people in this community.

I live in TX right now and am a housewife with a pretty open schedule, and I would LOVE to be there if I could. Pretty much the only thing stopping me is the cost of a plane ticket and the fact that if I drove she might be found by the time I got there.

I am so grateful for all of these searchers who have gone out day after day. I don't want any of them to feel guilty about not being able to continue forever. At the same time, I don't want to see the number of searchers dwindle either. I know the rest of us would like to pitch in if we could, but that's easier said than done : (

Ok, can someone clear this up? In this video they keep talking about Clint and showing pictures of Holly with a guy. I thought this was her boyfriend? Is this her brother?

it's her boyfriend. i wondered why they did that when it first aired.

I'm not so sure anyone is losing interest in finding Holly. If anything, maybe they just feel helpless, like there's not much else they can do at this point. I think even more than that, though, it's just a case of people needing to get back to their daily lives, but I don't think interest in Holly's case will dwindle for quite some time.

Having said that, I can understand how the same people going out day after day will get burned out, physically and emotionally. It's just natural, no matter how much they care. What's unfortunate is that there's really no way to rotate and bring in an entirely different community to take over, KWIM? What I'm saying is that I know there are many of us throughout the country who would love to do our share, but logistically and practically we can't, so the burden is all falling on the same people in this community.

I live in TX right now and am a housewife with a pretty open schedule, and I would LOVE to be there if I could. Pretty much the only thing stopping me is the cost of a plane ticket and the fact that if I drove she might be found by the time I got there.

I am so grateful for all of these searchers who have gone out day after day. I don't want any of them to feel guilty about not being able to continue forever. At the same time, I don't want to see the number of searchers dwindle either. I know the rest of us would like to pitch in if we could, but that's easier said than done : (

I am orginally from a big city, but I have also lived a few years in a small community similar to Holly's. The difference is like night and day. I love the way that small town communities are so friendly and truly look out for one another.:)

I would also like to go and help out anyway I could, but I am so far away. I have never been to Tennesse....but the pictures I have seen it looks beautiful there!

Ok, so no pictures of her boyfriend? Also, are there any videos of Holly actually talking?

You mean no pictures of the brother (at least not in this video). This is DS, the boyfriend, not CB, the brother.

I haven't found a single picture of CB, but I'm kind of glad for his sake. I'll admit my curiosity got the better of me, and I did try to look, but there's no reason anyone needs to know what he looks like right now. I feel bad for him that this is all going on.

The searchers do get frustrated, but everyone wants to find Holly. I think just knowing people like you guys and the general public are supportive helps out tremendously. I believe there has been a lot found by the searchers, and most of the people watching and following don't know about it, the searchers included. Again there are a lot of rumors floating around so nobody knows what to believe. I have heard searchers say things like "I really want to get home to my family...........but so does Holly, let's look for another couple hours or until they tell us to leave."

I've been reading everything about this case since it came out. News, Video, Postings, Tweets, FB...

Through it all I try to stay committed in my mind to what is actual fact. I haven't posted or speculated any "theories" or perpetrated any rumors. In my mind I have bantered her survival and recently am very hopeful she is alive (although I know this is not usual).

I find the google map that was posted very helpful, and it seems to have been made by a person who posts in this forum. I'm wondering about the "warm vehicle findings" posted on this map. It seems I read both in published news and in groups that this was a "false find". Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Also I have gravitated toward this forum because I can see a dedicated group of people close to the issue who are trying to act in a conscientious manner toward fact and ethics regarding the information they are "privvy" to. I'm wondering if those individuals would be able to state whether the "evidence" finds on the google map are accurrate?

I dont know what to think of this case, but I have been following the roads (on the map of course Im about 2500 miles away) and tried to figure out how this/these perpetrators proceeded depending on different behavioral types/scenarios. So anyway Im trying to decide whether to factor in that "warm vehicle" location or disregard it.

I'll just end by saying "God bless you all" and I'm going to stop and say a prayer for Holly the second I hit the "send" button here.

I've been reading everything about this case since it came out. News, Video, Postings, Tweets, FB...

Through it all I try to stay committed in my mind to what is actual fact. I haven't posted or speculated any "theories" or perpetrated any rumors. In my mind I have bantered her survival and recently am very hopeful she is alive (although I know this is not usual).

I find the google map that was posted very helpful, and it seems to have been made by a person who posts in this forum. I'm wondering about the "warm vehicle findings" posted on this map. It seems I read both in published news and in groups that this was a "false find". Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Also I have gravitated toward this forum because I can see a dedicated group of people close to the issue who are trying to act in a conscientious manner toward fact and ethics regarding the information they are "privvy" to. I'm wondering if those individuals would be able to state whether the "evidence" finds on the google map are accurrate?

I dont know what to think of this case, but I have been following the roads and tried to figure out how this/these perpetrators proceeded depending on different behavioral types/scenarios. So anyway Im trying to decide whether to factor in that "warm vehicle" location or disregard it.

I'll just end by saying "God bless you all" and I'm going to stop and say a prayer for Holly the second I hit the "send" button here.

:welcome::welcome: Dot.

I believe you are correct the vehicle was determined to be that of a hunter. The map just needs an update. :)

I hope you enjoy being a member of WS the bestest posters on the net.

I dont know what to think of this case, but I have been following the roads and tried to figure out how this/these perpetrators proceeded depending on different behavioral types/scenarios. So anyway Im trying to decide whether to factor in that "warm vehicle" location or disregard it.

:wagon: Thank you for joining us!

The searchers do get frustrated, but everyone wants to find Holly. I think just knowing people like you guys and the general public are supportive helps out tremendously. I believe there has been a lot found by the searchers, and most of the people watching and following don't know about it, the searchers included. Again there are a lot of rumors floating around so nobody knows what to believe. I have heard searchers say things like "I really want to get home to my family...........but so does Holly, let's look for another couple hours or until they tell us to leave."

Glad to have you on board also!

:wagon:

I still wonder how many of those dirt roads off 5 Forks Road they've really fully explored, looking for a kind of a cave in the middle of the road....a 'cave' with rocks around it?

I read somewhere that there are actually hundreds of police there working out leads and searching, etc... is that true? Does anyone have an idea how many LE are involved (even an estimate)? If this were true I think it would help people who are concerned about the competence of the case handling to understand just how much is being done.

I realize that hunting and camoflage clothing is a big part of life in TN (as I have read here), but, it amazes me at the number of males who continue to wear the same clothing as the perpetrator of Holly's abduction, while searching for her!

No disrespect meant, it's great that they are out searching, but, maybe if there is a male who would normally "always" wear camo, who was out searching for Holly without his usual camo on, then maybe it would provide a clue, kwim?

Look at the guys (and gals) wearing camo in this pic! It actually tells us alot about the deep rooted hunting nature of the community, really.

I'm in the south and used to work outside. We always wore camos due to the heat, humidity and prickly plants. Light pants get torn to pieces and jeans are too heavy and stick to your skin in the humidity, making it hard to get around. Camos are heavy enough to resist the brambles and light and baggy enough to allow easy movement in this environment. So, it was more of a comfort thing than anything else.

I've never been hunting in all my life.

Well if I've learned one thing it is that camo isn't worn across the nation as it is here in the south, lol. My husband doesn't even hunt anymore and we have all kinds of camo pants, shirts, hats, gloves, netting, ...I don't think he has any camo duct tape now that I think about it. I'm sitting here with a pink John Deere camo blanket across my lap, lol. In the south, Camo is as common as blue jeans. And you know you're a Bubba if you bring your newborn baby boy home in camo---seriously, some people do!

LOL! They make camo for newborns now?

My hubby doesn't own one item of camo... but he's an imported Texan. You are right, camo is very popular here in east Texas. Every other guy I see at Wal Mart has on camo pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy