TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing this rso map thing makes me think about is the whole perp is somehow on the run theory. I've got to think that if this guy was being looked at and couldn't be found that his status on rso site would be modified to show they "dont know where he is"... so for me that takes that "on the run" piece out of it.

OK so now Im posting and apparently replying to myself...this seems like a bad sign to me. Time to go get a life!

LOL, dotnetnow.

What makes you think the perp is on the run or can't be found?

LOL, dotnetnow.

What makes you think the perp is on the run or can't be found?

Ahhh I just read all the stuff and take in all the "quasi rational" theories. That is one of the theories that gets some run time.

It explains why LE keeps quiet (not to me but to some). I keep finding reasons to dismiss it.

I've heard one theory line (supposedly with local support) that is hinted that:
a. someone who knows holly
b. running with her, cant find them bc of survival experience
c. suggested holly leaving trail
d. etc

I think its one of the complete local fabrications personally.

Its not crazy to indulge those who think she may have been taken farther away. Its not crazy to think a perp like this guy might run if he thought he was going to get caught. So its worth guessing if they couldnt find this guy they would update the rso map.

Ahhh I just read all the stuff and take in all the "quasi rational" theories. That is one of the theories that gets some run time.

It explains why LE keeps quiet (not to me but to some). I keep finding reasons to dismiss it.

I've heard one theory line (supposedly with local support) that is hinted that:
a. someone who knows holly
b. running with her, cant find them bc of survival experience
c. suggested holly leaving trail
d. etc

I think its one of the complete local fabrications personally.

Its not crazy to indulge those who think she may have been taken farther away. Its not crazy to think a perp like this guy might run if he thought he was going to get caught. So its worth guessing if they couldnt find this guy they would update the rso map.

PS: dont laugh at me, it makes me go into over-explanatory mode :)

I get it now. Oh, I wasn't laughing at your theory or the suggestion that the perp might be on the run. I honestly hadn't given that one too much thought. Thank you for explaining. I was laughing at your self-deprecating joke about replying to yourself. Not at you at all!

ok I took it back, it was another try for a cheap laugh...not meant to guilt ya...

I wonder if Holly has ever taken a self-defense class or if she carried mace or anything with her. I'm guessing her family hunts so she probably is comfortable shooting a gun. That gives me some hope that she'd know how to aim and fire if she gets a gun away from the perp or something. I've never hunted in my life and wouldn't have the first clue what to do with a gun, but a country girl like Holly probably has some skill.

Well if you ever need to I hope you wont let your lack of education keep you from giving it a try. Point, hold on tight, pull trigger. If it dont work try what you see on tv and fiddle a bit then try again...just dont point the business end at yourself and youre likely gonna do fine...oh yeah dont shut yer eyes!

I have to admit....it's pretty amazing how "silent" this case is. Really....no leaks what-so-ever that we know of.....from LE or the residents. How is that possible I ask myself? Out of dual communities (Darden & Parsons).....not one person has breathed a word about anything really. I guess that's good but.....I find it unusual.

I think there may have been leaks early on, so LE is being particularly silent and protective of information, all in the interest of bringing Holly home safe, or if that's not possible (and I pray it IS), then in the pursuit of justice for Holly and her family.

There are so many rumors and people digging for information on the internet, if LE wants to keep it from suspects, the only way is to withold absolutely everything IMO.

Please bear with me --- I think I've carefully read every post on Holly's threads, but these are some random night-time thoughts... hope they haven't been discussed!

*Re: the abductor's behavior.... Out of all times and places, why was the abduction around 7:30 in the morning?

*Had the abductor been awake for quite a while? It's difficult to picture getting up groggy and pulling yourself together to abduct someone just after awakening.

*Was he someone who worked a night shift, like 11PM-7AM? He'd be awake, alert, and ready (physically and maybe emotionally charged -- anger having had time to build at work, perhaps) for a stressful task.

*If he worked that shift, did he work at a hospital, nursing home, LE, or somewhere else offering that shift?

*If a night shift isn't what he worked, is he self-employed, working at home, a traveling salesman, unemployed, or working odd hours (like in a restaurant)? Of course, these possibilities cover a LOT of people! So this rambling could be useless!

*With all the attention, he probably doesn't work an 8-5 or 7-3PM (etc.) job or his lateness/absence would've been noted after the LE alerts.

*Why wasn't he worried about someone else maybe being in the house and seeing him?

*Maybe he wasn't a family friend, but someone just Holly knew --- like from school, or somewhere related to nursing, etc. Then he'd worry less about being ID'd?

*Was he glib, confident and extroverted to get her initially to accompany him, or

*Did Holly know of him, being aware that he was violent, volatile or mentally unstable? Did she realize she had to pacify him?

*If it was someone she knew REALLY well, she might've been more apt to take a risk and say, "I've gotta go right now because I have a test"; so maybe the abductor was just an acquaintance or someone on the fringes of her schooling or social life. (Or clinical nursing life, if she was doing that.)

*Was it a person in power who approached her with the attitude of, "You'd better come with me, young lady, because I need to show you something" or.... "are you aware there's a [whatever... like, utilities] problem" ? Like a ranger, utilities worker, LE, etc.

Anyway, just a late night thought that the timing of the abduction might be the key to who the abductor is.

I think the timing was planned because of Holly's morning schedule. The abductor knew what time she left for school...and that her parents wouldn't be there.

:wave:

I see y'all down there lurkin'. :D Hope you had a nice bin laden V-day.

shefner said: I think the timing was planned because of Holly's morning schedule. The abductor knew what time she left for school...and that her parents wouldn't be there.

Me: hi shefner. Yes, I understand that's been what people are thinking. It just seemed too early in the morning for a perp to be coordinated and feeling in control enough to abduct someone! Of course, if the abductor was on meth that could explain him being wired at 7:30AM ---- and also one of many reasons why (this is a bizarre thought and I sure don't mean to sound callous or frivolous, since it's truly heartbreaking) why he might not have saved her lunch before tossing the bag. I guess I've known too many speed freaks.

If the abductor had been watching the family's schedule, would he have considered there was a grown brother in the house too? I sure don't know. I'm not invested in any particular theory, but at least we're all hopefully keeping Holly's case going.

shefner said: I think the timing was planned because of Holly's morning schedule. The abductor knew what time she left for school...and that her parents wouldn't be there.

Me: hi shefner. Yes, I understand that's been what people are thinking. It just seemed too early in the morning for a perp to be coordinated and feeling in control enough to abduct someone! Of course, if the abductor was on meth that could explain him being wired at 7:30AM ---- and also one of many reasons why (this is a bizarre thought and I sure don't mean to sound callous or frivolous, since it's truly heartbreaking) why he might not have saved her lunch before tossing the bag. I guess I've known too many speed freaks.

If the abductor had been watching the family's schedule, would he have considered there was a grown brother in the house too? I sure don't know. I'm not invested in any particular theory, but at least we're all hopefully keeping Holly's case going.

One thing I've taken note of since moving down here is that the "normal business day" begins much earlier than what I would consider the norm. Even the electric department, water department, etc opens for business at 7:00 or 7:30 in the morning.

I don't know if that makes a difference here, but it is not just shift workers doing the 7:00-3:30 schedule. I'm thinking students would also be accustomed to being up early in the morning.

I agree with you. I don't know if she knew her abductor but I feel that whoever it was knew her schedule. It could be a simple as him driving by at the same time every day to or from work and seeing her at the same time. Or it could be that it is someone in any of the school or organizations she belongs to. Someone noticed her and then probably made it a practice of learning her schedule.

I'll share a little story. When I was a teenager my sister and I would babysit for the neighbor right across the street from us. She was a nurse 3-11. And she only worked 3 days a week. At some point some SO saw that we were coming and going. We lived in the country. This man would ring the doorbell and he would be completely naked. I'll leave out the details. We would call the police but of course it would take them 10 minutes to respond and he would be gone. This happened over 20 times before they caught this man. And he never appeared except when we were babysitting. He was watching us. This happened in the dead of winter in New England. Naked in the snow he was at times.

We were so traumatized we stopped babysitting. This was back in the 60's when the good ole boy club was still in full force and no Sex Offender laws in place like today. They caught him..... but he got a slap on the wrist. One night as we were leaving he reached out to grab my sister by the arm and we fought him off. We didn't know him at all. But he knew us and our schedule. All it takes is a pervert to see you once and set their sites on finding out what they need to about you and your schedule. It could be anyone that took Holly.

The time frame of her abduction IMO is a really good place to start looking.

I'm still wondering what the exact camo type was, and whether or not it was walmart style or actual bdu's.

I'm just sad that Holly hasn't been found by now. And now that Bin Laden has taken up 100% of the media, Holly will slowly fade into the background. I hope I'm not right, but that's what I see happening.

Hugs to you Holly - wherever you are.

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members